[1.64][BUG][SMP] Strange Formations

• I believe your problem is a mis-match of block IDs between your client and the server :)

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• No, not really. They are enchantment-tables. They should have the same ID on client and server.

This really looks weird. Do you use any mods next to IC2?

• Reminds me of the good old days in Alpha. I think it just raised the chunk on the first one, and randomly related blocks, the second one beats the hell outta me. You wouldn't happen to being using more than 256 block IDs or something? That could cause transmission errors, and the like.

• No, not really. They are enchantment-tables. They should have the same ID on client and server.

This really looks weird. Do you use any mods next to IC2?

Possibly but if the world was upgraded and that formation existed earlier and ID's for custom ores were reassigned... we had that problem in our upgrade from 1.8.1 to 1.0.0. All the rp2 redstone wire became enchanting tables (something which meant that my 1-second-on-17-seconds-off reactor didn't last very long!).

GENERATION 26: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment or chain letter? This is left as an exercise for the reader.

Efficiency 3, 50% duty cycle. SMP friendly. Alternate two of them slowly with an rp2 sequencer for a steady 120 EU/t.
    http://www.talonfiremage.pwp.b…=1j10101001501521s1r11r10

• No, the only mod I am using is Industrial Craft. I haven't seen anything like this again the only thing that has came close to it would be fence post floating in mid air crossing a ravine, possibly a mineshaft gen on top of a ravine gen. I did recently move the server directory using copy, is there a chance that something got messy after the copy?

• No, the only mod I am using is Industrial Craft. I haven't seen anything like this again the only thing that has came close to it would be fence post floating in mid air crossing a ravine, possibly a mineshaft gen on top of a ravine gen. I did recently move the server directory using copy, is there a chance that something got messy after the copy?

It should normally not cause problems. Since I also copied my SSP-World into SMP. Is this an older world? Or have you started it recently. Would be interesting which version of IC2 and Minecraft was used to create this world.

• Minecraft 1.1 and Industrial Craft 1.64, the world was created with the modified server jar, is this a mistake? It may be worth noting that my Fraps wasn't working at the time but bedrock was missing / replaced as well. A non admin would be able to fall through the void! I am going to do a small test later today where I'll generate another world with the same seed and check the location where this...manifestation occurred and see if it re occurs. I appreciate the responses