[Schematic] IC2 Colony Ships - May 6th 2012 - Space Station Modules on the way (no pics just yet)

• I was noticing a problem with a few things on the ships. I have buildcraft also installed and several items on the ships are buildcraft pipes. any chance that you could include the config files on the template.zip so Redpower wont autoconfig and mess up the ships functionality

• Current versions of buildcraft for ssp (3.x) and redpower 2 pre4b for 1.1 have blockID conflicts.

My smp server in which we built the templates, doesn't have buildcraft installed atm, so redpower is using it's default id values (autoassign=0).

MCEdit saves block ID numbers, but isn't smart enough to be aware that they represent different blocks for different people.

Here's my RP2 config file for the default values )taken from server, not client - although they would obviously match)

• Thanks. That was a great help I was able to rebuld RedPower, and fix the the clash with buildcraft.

Looking forward to all the new ship designs and adventures

• Update!

Presenting the new 4-man Light-Industry Hauler based on the modular ship systems components:

Features:

New cockpit, module interior and engine sections
    Full equipment chest for 4-man crew in starboard module (That's the right side as you look to the front end folks)
    Twin 3-chamber nuclear reactors plus compinents for getting them going (note, no safety override switch!)
    Mooshroom milking capsule - just go find one and entice it back or cheat up an egg
    Light-Industry module for processing wood and ores (can also handle miscellaneous junk)
    Top-hatch exterior airlock for jetpack deployment

Ship added to ships.zip schematics at bottom of OP. You'll also find it in the shipyards.zip worldsave

Need somewhere to park your shuttle? Try our all-new fighter and corvette landing pads:

Available in both the ships.zip schematics file and the modular colony systems file for your convenience.

And finally, the enchanting module -putting the magic back into spaceflight.

Available as part of the modular ships system download.

All files on OP updated.

Enjoy!

• whenever i try to open the map my game crashes. Im geussing a block id issue but i am using only IC2, RP2, Force field addon, and NEI. default configs for all of the mods. Any help?

• Versions used for making the maps:

Minecraft v1.1 (current stable release - NOT snapshots)
    IC2 v1.64 (not the current 1.70 release, although shouldn't cause an issue)
    Redpower 2 prerelease 4d for minecraft 1.1 (current release at time of writing)
    MFFS Forcefield addon for IC2 (current version from IC2 forums)

Server also has Equivalent Exchange and Wireless Redstone mods installed, but no items or blocks from these mods are used in the savegame maps.

No other mods required.
    No changes to default block IDs

Templates.zip and Shipyard.zip contain savegame folders that should be unzipped to your savegame directory (default is .mincraft/saves)

Questions to answer:

1. I'm assuming your minecraft is starting ok, but crash occurs on map loading?
    2. Which of the two maps (Shipyard or Templates) are you trying to load?
    3. Any crash report logs?

Failing that you could try downloading MCEdit and pasting in schematics into a new world generated by your minecraft - see what happens then.

Hope something there helps!

• I seriously love this concept. I use only IC2 so I wouldn't get the most out of your ships but I may adapt the concept.

What I usually do is when I get sick of a world and want a new one is stuff as much as I can into an inventory and save it with TMI. Then reload it in another world. Your concept is a tad more realistic than my approach

• From what I have found while trying to stuff as many mods as possible into my SSP, Redpower automatically re-assigns it's block IDs IF they are blocked, and IF there isn't already a config file generated (I.E. It's being run for the first time) I also know that the current Buildcraft version (It was either 3.1.3 or 3.1.2) does not write down all of the block IDs it uses in it's config file. I've also come across cases where I would install IC2/BC/RP2/Forestry/Railcraft all at once, they would be fine, but if I installed them one at a time, I would get blockID conflict errors. A simple solution would be to offer up your config files as a download.

As I, for some innane reason, re-ordered every single ID in the mods I've installed, I don't think I'll be able to use these templates correctly until I've converted them, but I can tell just from the pictures that you guys have done a very good job, and I look forward to using them (I have a downloaded Joel Robinson skin that would work very well with a crashed Deus Ex Machina ship.)

Edit: Yea, I put the 1st Cockpit design into my test world right in the middle of chunk corner, and when it loaded the upper right quadrant of the ship, I got 'Saving chunks'.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• Config Files added to OP to assist with any BlockID errors.

For those of you not using Redpower, the original shuttle craft should still work fine, but the modular ship and colony systems all require it for their internal doors, wiring and panels.
    The modular colony systems should be easy enough to butcher the doors off using MCEdit, the rest are all just vanilla blocks.

I'll endeavour to make a couple of IC2 and vanilla only ships for those that only want to use IC2 - although I highly recommend RP2!

• I appreciate the RP2 free ships, I'm not missing the 'interesting' volcanos at all ;)

To each his own, though you may want to check out DireWolf20's tutorials if you have not delved into RP2's wires, logic gates, and sorters, you may be missing out on more then you think.

'Wait! What does that mean?! I can't panic properly unless I know what that means!'
    'Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid, and... I went ahead anyway.'

• This plus zepplin mod would be awesome. I build everything legit, so getting all those iron blocks would be annoying... Maybe I'll remake it using something cheaper like stone brick. Zero RP value, but WAY cheaper. Or maybe copper blocks... I would not want to disassamble this after all the effort to build it. :thumbup: :thumbup:

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Maybe I'll use copper blocks. Hell lot cheaper...

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Hey there
    TurokGMT! Absolutely great job with all of these! I love the idea of it all. But something that I kinda thought about was what if these could be implemeted into a server? Like have people use these ships on a "space" planet? And they would use jetpacks to get from planet to planet to mine ore? I see this as being a kind of high maintenance for a server considering that there would need to be a new world every couple of weeks to change out the world and use MCedit to copy in those ships again. It was just another way I could see these ships being used!! But again, great job! I'm not sure how you can expand on it, but these are really cool! Maybe use Forestry, and Buildcraft?

• Thanks for the thumbs up Kojack!

There's already the floating worlds style terrain generators out there which would work well enough, and likely some mod which alters gravity to give some semblance of weightlessness.

I'm using buildcraft and forestry in my ssp atm (although I'm becoming less of a fan of buildcraft as without the quarry and autocrafting bench, it's really only the mods like logistics pipes etc. that make it worth using at all over eloraams pneumatic tubes)

Will likely put in some more work on modular designs over the weekend - got a couple more ideas for colony modules and my engineering team needs to get together to get a space station going at some point.

I'm dubious about using more blocks from more mods purely becomes a bigger hassle for end users having to match mod numbers and block IDs with me (and I'm frankly bored at waiting for adfly timers as it is...)

I've been playing around with a few ground vehicle designs too, I'll keep you guys posted on anything new.

Thanks for the continued views and the anonymous downloads (I've no idea how many there are of you guys - as I say, dropbox doesn't have a counter) - please post some love if you're enjoying the work or have any suggestions for things you'd like to see!

• I built my own miner ship using earned resources. Granted mine is build out of construction foam. I use zeppelin mod to move it around but since I got cables inside the foam blocks it behaves kinda iffy and occasionally crashes and disappears. Also, rotating it makes the transformers look like they're not aligned but they are. My solar array uses a solid grid of cables which is bad for CPUs although I don't have any problems if it was used in MP it might be problematic.

http://www.mediafire.com/?1dc5tk1gzg89v45 <-- MCedit schematic feel free to do whatever you want with it.
    Red blocks have cables inside them.
    The ceiling ones are the solar array.
    The ones on the outer walls are HV.
    The ones on the floor are MV.
    The ones on the inner wall are LV.
    The ones in the floor by the miners power the miners (LV).

P.S. more images on imageshack click this if you're interested
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/42/20120301171112.png/

• Nice design Riccars!
    :thumbup:

We toyed with mining rigs, but decided against it because problems you describe - hopefully one day we'll have vehicles that don't suffer under translation and rotation - eloraam's frames will hopefully help once implemented. Who knows - maybe the bukkit team will get on it after they stabilise mojang's SMP code =]

• Just put the finishing touches to the new CASUC reactor dome for the colony modules:

Features:

-Snow Golem cooled 5-chamber reactor capable of putting out a minimum of 1700 EU/tick

-Single switch control activates reator, MFFS reactor forcefield and Ice coolant system.

-Ridiculous amounts of power storage

-MFSU power output above each airlock door to allow easy plumbing into other domes.

-Requires Redpower and MFFS addon for IC2

-Comes pre-loaded with 40 partially used uranium fuel cells leftover from initial startup and testing.

Added to Modular Colony Systems.zip in OP

Requires:

IC2 v1.64
    Redpower 2 pre 4d
    MFFS Addon for IC2