Bug: MFE + copper + extractor = booom

• I use batteries to charge my MFE, I put cable form MFE to extractor. If I put it from the graphicalside of the MFE, it blows everything up. If I use any other side, nothing is powered. :(

This makes me feel stupid. :p

• Official Post

The MFE will deliver 128 eu/t which blows every thing up.

so you have 2 options: Use a LV-Transformer to break the energy down in small parts (32eu/package) so machines can handle it OR use a Batbox (32 eu / t output) instead of the MFE.

• How do I correctly wire the LV transformer? (Asking before I spend years finding the correct direciton :D)

EdiT: nvm, I failed to notice the 3-pronged side due to dirt... //facepalm

• Official Post

It's the same for all transformers: 5 Sides have 1 Point, 1 side has 3 points. 1 point means Lower voltage, 3 points mean higher voltage. No redstone: High voltage goes in 3point side and will be distributed through the 1 point sides. with redstone: power goes in on the 1 point-sides and goes out higher on the 3 point side.

• It's the same for all transformers: 5 Sides have 1 Point, 1 side has 3 points. 1 point means Lower voltage, 3 points mean higher voltage. No redstone: High voltage goes in 3point side and will be distributed through the 1 point sides. with redstone: power goes in on the 1 point-sides and goes out higher on the 3 point side.

Are you saying that in order to send high voltage, every sending transformer must be applied redstone power? That can be somewhat inconvenient.

• Official Post

It gives you the small disadvantage that you have to place a redstone torch next to each transformer where you want to get higher current. BUT it gives you some big advantages like: you can use the same transformer 2 ways and you can use every Transformer in every direction you want. Not like the old, with specified in and outputs.

• Okay, can someone explain me what I am doing wrong here?

The top is MFE, the bottom is MV transformer. The three-dotted side is pointing up, and is fed MV. Upon connecting a basic machine to any of the 1-dotted sides, it blows up.

On that note, using a wrench to rotate machines is a PAIN IN THE ASS. Very easy to accidentally destroy. Very annoying if you want to make sides face each other or a wall, or a ceiling, or a floor.

• I cannot figure out myself what part of the HV has to be connected to something for it to do something. I assumed that the HV part was for both sending and receiving the 3-dotted side, but that does not work. Any ideas?

• Oh nevermind, I figured it out. You have to use a LV transformer. My question is, then. Why are there 3 transformers?

LVTrans for LV-MV (32 to 128)
    MVTrans for MV-HV (128 to 512)
    HVTrans for what?

• HV trans from 512 to 2048 (HV).
    HV can solely be taken from and to HV-Transformers, for long-range transmission purpouses.

Alright, then the question of cables remains.

LV is serviceable by any cables
    MV needs golden cables
    HV needs HV cables
    EV (I call this extreme voltage, as I have no idea how you call this, considering HV is already taken by the 512EU part) needs HV cables as well?

Oh, and what am I doing wrong here? The MFSU is fed from 10 geothermals, its output is facing the HV transformer through a HV cable. The HV Transformer is applied redstone power in order to transmit EV to another HVTrans, which should feed it into another MFSU. But it doesn't.

• Official Post

The 512 eu current will later use the Glassfiber cables you can currently just get through TMI. So each has its own cable, but are usable downwards.

Edit: To your problem, they currently dont work with a Redstone torch i think. use a Redstone dust (pointing into the transformer) OR a switch ON the transformer (cheapest way).

1. Redstone torch next to a block does NOT power the block, as Gorni said.
    2. Recipe for glassfibre is implemented already :P

• The 512 eu current will later use the Glassfiber cables you can currently just get through TMI. So each has its own cable, but are usable downwards.

Edit: To your problem, they currently dont work with a Redstone torch i think. use a Redstone dust (pointing into the transformer) OR a switch ON the transformer (cheapest way).

Thanks for the reply, but it still doesn't work, neither with Glass Fibre, nor with HV Cable. Or does HV Transformer plain and simple not work at all in 0.90?