[Suggestion] Colored Construction Foam

• Just as the name implies, give us the ability to dye the CF block before compressing it into a capsule so when we use it and it dries, we get the respectively colored CF Wall.

Doing a Huge Building Using CF and then painting it its a major pain in the ass of restocking the painter every 20 blocks or something.

And as a bonus, you should totally try to get Painters to work with RedPower Paint cans.

• Official Post

Just as the name implies, give us the ability to dye the CF block before compressing it into a capsule so when we use it and it dries, we get the respectively colored CF Wall.

Doing a Huge Building Using CF and then painting it its a major pain in the ass of restocking the painter every 20 blocks or something.

And as a bonus, you should totally try to get Painters to work with RedPower Paint cans.

So what you're saying is.... that you want us to have 16 different CF sprayers, since colour and number of uses are both damage types, and it is currently impossible to code them both into the same item simultaneously...?

• Is it possible to make the hardened Foam Block place-able with or without colors?

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• So what you're saying is.... that you want us to have 16 different CF sprayers, since colour and number of uses are both damage types, and it is currently impossible to code them both into the same item simultaneously...?

Or can we just get the ability to color hardened cf blocks ?

• Or can we just get the ability to color hardened cf blocks ?

We can already do that. My suggestion its a method for doing huge or decently sized buildings with CF blocks already colored, since coloring the hardened walls manually using the painters its a paint (pun intended) in the ass.

This little project would have taken me at least 4x or 6x more time in painting if it wasnt for creative mode flying and ability to conserve the durability of items (Since you have to recolor the painter every 20 blocks or so).

• Better idea: how about refillable spray cans that accept dye via the canning machine, and can paint about 4x longer than the Painters?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Better idea: how about refillable spray cans that accept dye via the canning machine, and can paint about 4x longer than the Painters?

Try painting a room this size

with a painter or that spray can that you made 4x more durable but considerable a lot more annoying to refill.

(btw if you are curious its a 32x32x14 room, also painters last for about 32 blocks before needing a refill)

• Looking at it that way im in for allowing the cf sprayer to spray colored foam, but no need to have 16 different sprayers.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

That. . . is an awesome idea. Of course, It'd have to paint a large area, 3x3 per click? I'm just thinking out loud here, though. (As a side note, that'd give a real use to canning machines, I never use them.)

• That. . . is an awesome idea. Of course, It'd have to paint a large area, 3x3 per click? I'm just thinking out loud here, though. (As a side note, that'd give a real use to canning machines, I never use them.)

I'd like to think so :3

Amount and AoE of paint can vary by whatever the developers feel would be comfortable for game balance and application. The idea of having a set of painting devices which can be used to either mass paint blocks, or be set to precisely paint in set areas with 'spray modes' to do designs with on very large projects is something I'd like to see, regardless...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.