Question: What is the purpose of insulation and what does the magnatizer and how does one make the pump work?

• Hello, I just downloaded IC2 and WOW IS IT FREAKIN AWESOME! I thought IC1 was awesome...but IC2 just makes it look worthless.
    However I do have a few questions:

(1) What is the purpose of insulation?

(2) What does the magnetizer do?

(3) How does the pump work?

I realize these are fairly trivial questions, but I am unable to find any documentation regarding these questions. If there is some sort of read-me I did notice, or other form of documentation, please do point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

• Official Post

1st: More isolation = slightly less loss of eu/block and for HV lesser/no more shocking. But shocking aint implemented by now, so at the moment just a bit better conductivity.
    2nd: didnt understand that perfectly, but place iron fences in a stack on top, and you should be able to slide down slowly (press shift)
    3rd: theoretically: having water below it, it would pump water 2 blocks above (no source blocks) making a nice decoration (this works by now). and it should (but doesent work by now) fill empty liquid cells with water (by using source blocks below it.).

• Official Post

Hello, I just downloaded IC2 and WOW IS IT FREAKIN AWESOME! I
    2nd: didnt understand that perfectly, but place iron fences in a stack on top, and you should be able to slide down slowly (press shift)

@2: You can always use IRonPoles to slide down on them. However, with an active Magnetizer, while wearing metal-ish boots, the pole will accelerate you upwards. Consider it a fast 2way lift.

• another question about the pump: will it also fill buckets? (after it's fixed that is)

If there is such a thing as Heaven and Hell then I'm royally screwed...

• Currently, no.
    Pumps are meant to use cells only, as cells are "more handy" and stackable.

it would fit the machine though, plus you can't cool a nuclear reactor with cells (according to yer tutorial)

• Official Post

it would fit the machine though, plus you can't cool a nuclear reactor with cells (according to yer tutorial)

The point is, you cant stack buckets, thus you would have a whole machine setup, using 200 EU, just to fill a single bucket... rightclick much?
    Cells can't be directly fill, and filling them manually is a pain. That's where the pump excels.

• The point is, you cant stack buckets, thus you would have a whole machine setup, using 200 EU, just to fill a single bucket... rightclick much?
    Cells can't be directly fill, and filling them manually is a pain. That's where the pump excels.

I am later going to set up an automated lava cell filling machine using BuildCraft. Does the Miner still pump up lava?

• Quote from Alblaka

The point is, you cant stack buckets, thus you would have a whole machine setup, using 200 EU, just to fill a single bucket... rightclick much?

my reason for asking is quite simple: using BC and RedPower to create a highly efficient nuclear reactor, using solely water buckets (and passive surroundings) for cooling