New Iridium Uses

• i kind feel iridium doesn't have enough uses. granted is hard to aquire till you get a significant amount of power generation going or a Scrap Farm. but once you get that you tend to have more iridium then you'll ever use as long as you keep your quantum armor charged. so i thought of a few new, fairly realistic uses.

1: Iridium Reactor Plating: this would be an internal Nuclear Reactor component to increase Hull Temperature Capacity by 2,000. this would make breeder reactors alittle easier and help prevent reactor explosions. the recipe would be 4 iridium plates, 4 advanced alloy, and 1 diamond.

2. Iridium Heat Dispenser: this would function the same as the current Integrated Heat Dispenser but would also cause .5 of coolant power up from the IHD'ss .1, would require 1 reactor heat dispenser, 2 iridium plates, 2 advances alloyed, 4 coolant cells.

3. Iridium Wiring: EV wire that cannot be insulated, but only loses 1 EU every 10 blocks. this would be great for transfering energy over really long distances or upgrading the current EV wiring in your house for the use of teleporters and creating large scale Field Generators. however: since they cannot be insulted it runs the risk of killing anyone who touches it when charged, so you have to be careful with your wiring. recipie would simply be 3 iridium ore in a line to create 6 pieces of wire. this would mainly be used to force field generation and Teleporters, as it losses the same amount as Glass Fiber Cables, simply on a scale of 4-1. this could also be used as the most powerful electric fencing.

4. Iridium blocks: Show off how effective your Mass Fabricators are by creating Iridium Blocks! a simple block made from 9 iridium ores that have a sleek Pearl like look to it. these blocks would also be the most explosive and heat resistant material in the game (since iridium is only .12% less dense the the densest material known to man). A wall made 2 thick of iridium would stop a reactor explosion.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• First, put [Suggestion] In your title if you dont wanna see this proceed to the limbo (unless it was change recently but i doubt it).

Second, Heat dispenser 4 times more effective? What is there to be more effecting besides from increasing the little cooling it gives? Making the Heat transfer more effective can actually cause shit to blow more faster than ever, unless of course you build up nuclear reactors to make pretty craters.

Third, Transfering energy over really long distances is a matter of chunk unload after a certain distance, besides theres Glass Fiber for it (Something that was specifically made for this task).

And fourth... Nah im bluffing i dont have a four bitching point.

• I don't like make nuclear reactors more complicated that they are.
    But the last 2 ideas are valid! we need a valid compact restraint chamber for nuclear reactor! 4-5 layer of reinforced stone aren't that thin...

• 1: will do from now on, thanks for the tip.

2: i was thinking more of an advanced type of coolant, so more like a Hink Sink then mere heat transferance.

3: i use 4 accounts for long range projects usually protaining to BC Quarries though. but i figured something similar could be done with wiring, and HV wiring has a very high energy loss rate and glass fibers only handle 512, so iridium wiring would be a combanation of the 2 really, and would be used to power Teleporters within a city styled area. like if i want a teleport pad from bedrock to go to the top of the world and about 40 blocks away, i'd like to wire them both together from 1 central energy storage location os about 32 MFSs in order to transport myself back and forth without having to make entirely seperate energy generator arrays or storage devices.

4. thanks for the helpful critisism to the fullest without coming off as rude. lol, i appriciate people that dig into stuff for the sake of agruement even about minor issues in order to make everything perfectly suited or understood amongst all parties. so nit pick away my good man! lol

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I don't like make nuclear reactors more complicated that they are.
    But the last 2 ideas are valid! we need a valid compact restraint chamber for nuclear reactor! 4-5 layer of reinforced stone aren't that thin...

well you aren't being forced to use the new reactor stuff :) lol, but i thought the exact same thing when i first started experimenting with reactors, then i discovered i could make them output well over 512 EUs, which fried my wires at the time, but generated a rediculous amount of heat, i would mind making it alittle more complicated and "rediculous" if i felt like putting the effort into setting up an absolutely perfect nuclear reactor set-up to generate 800EU/t usualy automatic ice block insertion and advanced heat dispersion via Iridium Heat Sinks.

and yeah, i made a reactor power plant with decked out reactors inside and it was rediculous that i had to make a wall 6-8 thick as ALL sides of each reactor to ensure they didn;t explode and take each other out on accident, it took up way more room then i'd like, lol. i thought this would be a nice solution for a REALLY advanced nuclear reactor facility. or just to make a really pretty explosion proof house since my friends have a bad tendensy of firing off nukes close to my house. lol, even my yards, trees, "lakes", ect. are reconstructed out of CFoam and painted the appropriate colors :p looks like someone reaplaced my yard with legos.

• Will you add Urane-Iridium cell:
    Uranium and Iridium in recipe; (compact reactor in extremely hard cell)
    Stackable in inventory and power cell slot;
    Gives out 1 EU/t each up to 64 EU/t per full stack;
    Lifetime not limited to not count expiration (each cell is expensive enough).

• Will you add Urane-Iridium cell:
    Uranium and Iridium in recipe; (compact reactor in extremely hard cell)
    Stackable in inventory and power cell slot;
    Gives out 1 EU/t each up to 64 EU/t per full stack;
    Lifetime not limited to not count expiration (each cell is expensive enough).

So a forever free uranium? sry i dont buy that idea.

• yeah sorry sebra, don't agree with you there. rather just be able to burn through my uranium cells faster and get a much higher output and have the possibility to cool the reactor down faster so it doesn't explode. not fully automating or causing an infinate production, just trying to speed up an hour long process alittle bit at the cost of the same uranium and a higher chance of causing an explosion.

• So a forever free uranium? sry i dont buy that idea.

Forever, but too expensive to be called "Free".
    If 1 Ur gives out 2MEU, lifespan per 1 EU/t can be more than 27 hours.
    If you add four Iridium ores, price would be big enough to not be counted as overpowered.
    If you use Iridium plates... even more.
    I suggest only easy to use power source, not easy to get overpowered.
    And you can pretend this cell to be H+H->He Quantum Fusion Cell, which got H from air water (as QHelmet got Oxygen).

• Expensive has been a loosely used term in minecraft, especially when you are late in the game and Expensive ends up being "Dirt Cheap".

I still dont buy the idea, my logic always tell me that trying to achieve balance through materials cost only its pure balloney and something that lacks meaning the more time goes by, more permanent balance whose effect should be felt from start to end with the same level are more welcomed than something that can be easily ignore the more time goes by... (dammit im just repeating myself here)

• What will you do in game "when you are late in the game and Expensive ends up being "Dirt Cheap" " ? The same, but wider?
    Why it is against your logic?
    Overpowered? Illogical? Unuseful?

I do not insist of course.

• Unbalanced Stuff makes the game too easy.
    Unbalanced Stuff makes the playing field unfair for some players and too advantageous for others.
    Unbalanced Stuff gives too many perks/beneficts for so little consequences/Drawbacks.

Unbalanced Stuff are just a aberration to true gaming logic and should be striked down with the Balance Hammer Post haste!

• ok, so... so far everyone agrees with my ideas, apart from Keymaster not wanting to use the advanced reactor components? don't worry keymaster, i wouln't mechanically or physically make you use advanced reactor inner components, you can stick with your solar panels. :)

• An there is a reason that a UUM-Recipe for Uranium does not exist.

i was actually wondering that earlier today, i was going to try and research it or discover it later. thanks for saving me the trouble. i'll stick with turning it into other more useful stuff like Lapis :p

Edit: how ever, upon further thought, 1mill EUs=1 matter, so even if 1 matter made 1 uranium ore, then it would be essientially making UUM into 1 mill EU batteries, however i'd recommend if a UUM recipie is ever added, make it cost 6 matter to make 1-2 ore, then if a player wanted to they could make those into nearly depleted cells and then make full uranium cells with ALOT of effort, basically turning 6 million energy into, 18 million over 2-3 hours with enough skill in Breeder Reactors.

now, back to the topic at handle!

ideas 1-4 are agreed as good ideas to my knowledge, if anyone has any comments, concerns, balancing issues, ect. as to the applications of these innovations, let me know and i'll think of an even more balanced form.

• Official Post

You know that uranium cells when placed next to each other increases its generation (4 cells making a square generate about 12M EU)

• ok, so... so far everyone agrees with my ideas, apart from Keymaster not wanting to use the advanced reactor components? don't worry keymaster, i wouln't mechanically or physically make you use advanced reactor inner components, you can stick with your solar panels. :)

... People really need to get a good reading of my posts (Either that or i need to express myself in less subtle ways), i dont technically agree with every idea listed. I think its the second post of this thread when i mention it.

• yes but doesn't that also cause them to burn out faster? or are they garunteed to last a full hour regardless of how many are touching it, i was under the impression that uranium cells died off by the count of uranium pulses, not actual time inside the reactor. actually, inbox me the responce, that way this thread doesn;t get sidetracked again. then this thread would fall under a Discussion and not a suggestion.