Suggestion: Iron Scaffold - Implemented, Direwolf20 video up!

• holes better
    Explain: It should be possible to see through. Hard so see something special, but definitely possible to detect moving things.

• agreed, single bars on the side sounds like a good idea for non-reinforced, all the temporaly stucture scaffold around my work is single angled bar. so having 2 bars would make perfect sence in making it reinforced, i'd still levae it about to be seen through though. and yes holes through the top is greatly prefered if able,

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• actually instead of the raised Diamonds like on Steel Diamond Plate, how about make them holes to see through? :D makes it alittle more convinient and realistic. realistic because they usually leave it hollow the decrease weight and strain on taller structures.

holes better
    Explain: It should be possible to see through. Hard so see something special, but definitely possible to detect moving things.

I don't particularly mind either way, but given we only have 16x16 pixels to work with, it's easier to make a good looking diamond plate (which sirbrandino did a great job of) than a grated floor. I'm quite happy to be proven wrong here, so if you have any cool designs keep them coming! For higher res texture packs, it'll be far easier to have good looking holes in it.

Implemented, currently debugging.

Sweet, thanks!

Hey, Al, what's your take on my suggestion of reinforced CF by using this? Slight tangent, but thought I'd bring it up again.

I think myself and Snoochy (not trying to put words in your mouth) are agreed on this, it's an interesting concept. Personally I prefer Snoochy's idea of using foam on vanilla iron bars, but make a thread for it and see what happens. You never know, it might just happen!

• the holes would be fairly simple, all you got to do is remove the lighter colored "diamonds" on the plate and make those parts see-through

thank you alblaka, for implimenting another great idea :)

and yes i agree with you about the CFoam on Vanilla Iron Bars. maybe slightly less blast resistant then Reinforced stone but significantly stronger the plain CFoam. also destorying those could yeild the Iron bars it took to make them and nothing else.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• And done. The Reinforced Construction Foam suggestion now has its own topic. Debate it there, people!

Now all we have to do is wait for IC2 to update to 1.2.4 (Forge, Modloader/MP, and the rest of the basics have updated already), and hopefully we'll get to see your scaffolds in action, Cider. =)

• Wow, you guys like it? I'm honored. ;( I was thinking it would be solid, like the stuff pickup truck tool boxes are made of, fairly light yet sturdy, with plenty of grip. But if Devs think it should be see thru, why not. 16x16 texture is very hard to make holes in tho...

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• sorry dude but we posted about Reinforced CFoam days ago :p