[Suggestion] Lightning Rods

• I got tired of lightning burning up my wooden houses and charging up creepers so I came up wth this idea. Basically, edit the lightning class of Mnecraft and making lightning appear more in Swamps, Taigas and Forests and less in Plains, desserts and snowy biomes. You place a lightning rod higher than any tree/object in the area and when lightning strikes, the lightning rod gets EV from the lightning. The EV can: be put into a HV transformer to an MFSU or directly to GND. The Lightning Rod recipie can be something like this:

:Refined Iron::Metal Block::Refined Iron:

Is this suggestion possible? If so, it is very useful to make energy out of lightning and prevent lightning infernoes.

And the GND cable something like this:

:Tin Dust: :Copper Ingot: :Tin Dust:

:Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

:Tin Dust: :Tin Dust: :Tin Dust: .

Give feedback plz

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• Search results 1-20 of 118 for "lightning rod".

Sorry, been asked (too) many times already.

Gah.

"super long gay fucking signature that shouldnt even be here but you cant disable it or at least i cant find it god damnit i hate the internet and everyone on it. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

umad Badspot? :P

Steve shaves with a chainsaw.

• this thread has been the bane of alblaka since the implimentation of weather in Minecraft. he has said no every time. however if you don;t want your wooden house getting burned then put something non wood over it :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• yeah that too, wooden slabs don't burn for some reason :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• make it from double wooden slabs

Or put a brick/stone slab roof on the top of them at least... sheesh...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Looks like job for the epic quote once again.

• I never see why people think there houses burn down in lightning. It's raining people! The rain puts out the lightning!

Also, check out my signature (I have had it for awhile now XD

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]