This mod adds two new crops that cannot be harvested but make tending other crops easier. As usual, the source is included.
Soybean: Fixes nitrogen.
As long as it is planted, it will slowly fertilize its own tile and the four adjacent ones.
It won't finish growing until its own tile is reasonably fertilized.
Its own tile will be fertilized at twice the rate it's depleted. Adjacent tiles which are less-fertilized will be fertilized at the same rate they are depleted. This effect can stack up to 6x depletion (2x from the center crop, 1x from each adjacent crop), for a net gain of 5x the depletion rate.
Waterroot: Actively seeks water.
As long as it is planted, it will slowly water its own tile and the four adjacent ones.
It won't finish growing until its own tile is reasonably damp.
The crop will only be able to find water if there is some in the first few blocks below the crop.
Its own tile will be watered at twice the rate it's depleted. Adjacent tiles which are drier will be watered at the same rate they are depleted. This effect can stack up to 6x depletion (2x from the center crop, 1x from each adjacent crop), for a net gain of 5x the depletion rate.
Destroying and replacing a crop block will reset its water and fertilizer storage. If you want to prepare a tile by temporarily planting Waterroot and/or Soybeans there, be careful to not destroy the crop block while replanting!
Place HelperCrops_VERSION.zip in your mods/ folder. No need to start a new world, just restart Minecraft and crossbreed until you get them.
If you don't like the sprites, please, send me new ones! Also, if there's interest and appropriate sprites, I might add minor food items as the product of the plants.
v1: Initial release
v2: Integrated sprite sheet.
v3.0 - Upgraded all of my CropCards:
- Textures are now preloaded to reduce visual gitches.
- CropIDs are explicitly set to 100+ to ensure future save compatibility. (THIS BREAKS OLD SAVES! You can fix your save, at least until something else steals the old IDs, if you change the IDs in config/DebugCrop.cfg. You'll have to experiment to find the IDs each crop was using; the old IDs were 16-19, with DebugCrop being the only constant at 16.)
- Synchronized version numbers, at least for now.
- Version number is now in the file name, so you'll be able to obtain copies of and see download counts for any version 3.0+.
- Dropped the z from the file name, as I figured out how to ask ModLoader to load me after IC2.
v3.1: Actually creating the config file so it can be edited is probably slightly useful...
v3.2: Updated all my addons to IC2 v1.90. Also fixed my config file handling, again. Old settings are going to be lost, but since it wasn't managing to respect them anyway, that's not so bad.
v3.3: Updated all my addons to IC2 v1.95. Just a straight recompile on the new version.
v4.0: Added SMP support to all my addons.