[1.95+SMP]HelperCrops v4.0 - Symbiosis for fun and profit.

• This mod adds two new crops that cannot be harvested but make tending other crops easier. As usual, the source is included.

Soybean: Fixes nitrogen.

Waterroot: Actively seeks water.

General tip:

Installing:
    Place HelperCrops_VERSION.zip in your mods/ folder. No need to start a new world, just restart Minecraft and crossbreed until you get them.

If you don't like the sprites, please, send me new ones! Also, if there's interest and appropriate sprites, I might add minor food items as the product of the plants.

Version history:
    v1: Initial release
    v2: Integrated sprite sheet.
    v3.0 - Upgraded all of my CropCards:

• Textures are now preloaded to reduce visual gitches.
    • CropIDs are explicitly set to 100+ to ensure future save compatibility. (THIS BREAKS OLD SAVES! You can fix your save, at least until something else steals the old IDs, if you change the IDs in config/DebugCrop.cfg. You'll have to experiment to find the IDs each crop was using; the old IDs were 16-19, with DebugCrop being the only constant at 16.)
    • Synchronized version numbers, at least for now.
    • Version number is now in the file name, so you'll be able to obtain copies of and see download counts for any version 3.0+.
    • Dropped the z from the file name, as I figured out how to ask ModLoader to load me after IC2.

v3.1: Actually creating the config file so it can be edited is probably slightly useful...
    v3.2: Updated all my addons to IC2 v1.90. Also fixed my config file handling, again. Old settings are going to be lost, but since it wasn't managing to respect them anyway, that's not so bad.
    v3.3: Updated all my addons to IC2 v1.95. Just a straight recompile on the new version.
    v4.0: Added SMP support to all my addons.

• This is quite nice! Will surely be a help.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• this needs to be updated. IC is now 1.96 and this now throws out errors
    "Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.7.0_02-ea, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GTX 295/PCIe/SSE2 version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.api.CropCard.registerCrop(CropCard.java:423)
    at mod_HelperCrops.load(mod_HelperCrops.java:39)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:324)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:604)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:203)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:426)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT 323eeb98 ----------
    "

• this needs to be updated. IC is now 1.96 and this now throws out errors

You have a bad version of Forge, try 3.3.7.135 (latest recommended).

Specific applicable changelog entry on Forge build 133: "Updated to FML #135 {Fixed ModList rendering issue, and incorrect arument on crafting hook}" (emphasis mine).

• Hello! I'd love to include this addon in my modpack, it'd be great if I could.

Do I have your permission to do so? Judging by your lack of say in the OP I assume you're ok with it but I'm asking for courtesy more than anything :)

• First: you can obtain these crops by crossbreeding.
    Second: I have breed soybeans, and hopefully I will have waterroot soon. Would it be alright with you if I posted screenshots, funnyman?
    just figured I'd ask in case you wanted it to be a secret or something.