[1.95+SMP]ExperiMint v4.0 - Farm while you farm.

• ExperiMint is a high-level, slow-growing crop that produces experience orbs when harvested. As usual, the source code is included.

Installing:
    Place ExperiMint_VERSION.zip in your mods/ folder. No need to start a new world, just restart Minecraft and crossbreed until you get it.

If you don't like the sprites, please, send me new ones! Also, if there's interest and appropriate sprites, I might add minor food items as the product of the plants.

Version history:
    v1: Initial release
    v2: Integrated sprite sheet.
    v3.0 - Upgraded all of my CropCards:

• Textures are now preloaded to reduce visual gitches.
    • CropIDs are explicitly set to 100+ to ensure future save compatibility. (THIS BREAKS OLD SAVES! You can fix your save, at least until something else steals the old IDs, if you change the IDs in config/DebugCrop.cfg. You'll have to experiment to find the IDs each crop was using; the old IDs were 16-19, with DebugCrop being the only constant at 16.)
    • Synchronized version numbers, at least for now.
    • Version number is now in the file name, so you'll be able to obtain copies of and see download counts for any version 3.0+.
    • Dropped the z from the file name, as I figured out how to ask ModLoader to load me after IC2.

v3.1: Actually creating the config file so it can be edited is probably slightly useful...
    v3.2: Updated all my addons to IC2 v1.90. Also fixed my config file handling, again. Old settings are going to be lost, but since it wasn't managing to respect them anyway, that's not so bad.
    v3.3: Updated all my addons to IC2 v1.95. Just a straight recompile on the new version.
    v4.0: Added SMP support to all my addons.

• FIRST!
    ...said a coupl'a weeks after the mod was posted.
    Really nice.

The IC2 forums could really use a lot more of [REDACTED], [DATA EXPUNGED] and ████████.

I'm in a so called "after-school". It's freaking fantastic and nowhere near as boring as normal school!

• Heh, thanks. It may be a race of one, but at least I'm in first place!

I just pushed a small update to all of my CropCards so that they actually generate the config file for you to edit. Editing it would have worked just fine before, but it wasn't actually creating a default one for you to modify.

• Amusingly enough, I've done pure-Bukkit mods, but I've no experience whatsoever in taking a singleplayer mod and adding compatibility. I'd like to, but it's not a near goal, because I just don't have the underlying knowledge yet.

• Amusingly enough, I've done pure-Bukkit mods, but I've no experience whatsoever in taking a singleplayer mod and adding compatibility. I'd like to, but it's not a near goal, because I just don't have the underlying knowledge yet.

Look at the source code to my Strangleweed for SMP coding, it's almost identical. The main differences are config files don't need the minecraft directory(the server always loads config from current directory) and you don't need anything that is specifically client side(preloading textures, etc)

So long as you don't add entities, fancy gui's or complex systems, it should work mostly just by copying and pasting the code to server side. I'll make a tutorial for making an SMP Crop making using a more simple crop idea soon, hopefully we can get more CropCard's that way.

• Actually, the CropCard addons are really simple. The annoying part is keeping them up to date. I may merge my CropCards later on and just enable individual pieces with config switches, just so there's only one mod to maintain.

• needs to be updated.. ic is now 1.96 and throws out errors
    " Minecraft has crashed!
    ----------------------

Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem.

--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT eba36138 --------
    Generated 6/18/12 3:55 AM

Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.5
    Java: 1.7.0_02-ea, Oracle Corporation
    VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
    LWJGL: 2.4.2
    OpenGL: GeForce GTX 295/PCIe/SSE2 version 3.3.0, NVIDIA Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at ic2.api.CropCard.registerCrop(CropCard.java:423)
    at mod_ExperiMint.load(mod_ExperiMint.java:35)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.modloader.ModLoaderModContainer.init(ModLoaderModContainer.java:324)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.modInit(Loader.java:263)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:604)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.onLoadComplete(FMLClientHandler.java:203)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.a(Minecraft.java:426)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.run(Minecraft.java:735)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    --- END ERROR REPORT b24a121a ----------"

• I know this thread has died down but is there any way I can use this in my modpack?

Thanks for your great work :)