Air conditioning and Heating blocks

• Thought for this a bit for something just to be crazy, but what you can do is have the ability for the player to be to hot or to cold (i'm aware there other mods for this). But I was thinking, to heck with standing near furnaces of going for swims to cool of or heat up, what about a block that could regulate temperature in a given space? The bigger the space the more power it demands? And for a kick you could have blue or red particles coming off to show what its on, now sure how the lay out of building one would look like its just an idea, Don't want to think over it to much because i'm pretty sure this is a pretty stupid idea, but worth a try

• One question: Why bother doing it?

Its not like vainilla minecraft have temp checking of steves body.

Nor Industrial craft should cover needs of other mods (At least stuff made in IC2 should work for IC2, aiding another mod should be something secondary or unintended at best).

Nor IC2 gains much from adding body temp either.

Mmm i guess thats all.

• Or better yet, screw the whole regulating temperature in a certain area, make it so that the heating block melts snow and ice in a substantially larger range than torches, glowstone, or the new lamps all the while being fed EU? And the cooling one will slowly create snow and ice while being fed EU as well?

EDIT: I know some of these points are redundant as they're already brought up in the OP.

• If there are already other mods, Then suggest it as an addon, In the addon section. Addons can easily support multiple mod requirements, like the buildcraft+industrialcraft crossoever, or w.e.

• If there are already other mods, Then suggest it as an addon, In the addon section. Addons can easily support multiple mod requirements, like the buildcraft+industrialcraft crossoever, or w.e.

Well mainly the mood mod was what I was looking for on flans mod, but since they don't operate on the same level I don't think it would make a difference if you just put it down and turned it on

• For Agriculture purposes this would be a good idea..

I was doing some building In a Ice Plains Biome and came up with this idea

The idea was to add an machine that will terraform area/areas to different type of biome!

And to disable growth of normal wheat in Ice plains biome and desert biome. Maybe you could develop a wheat type that will grow there.. But You can allso spend EU's <- LOADS of EU's to make your biome different.. (And you would have to keep on spending EU's to sustain the biome type.

I was building a green room in the ice plains biome and this came to my mind..

Maybe the machine could be air condition unit. One unit per one chunk? Maybe, if it is possible to change a chunk's biome..

• * 2x Facepalm Combo *

There is already a terraformer, we are just waiting to see if alblaka makes it possible to change biome type with it now (Seeing as it wasnt possible before 1.2)

• Oh, :Nano-Leggings: pants..

I know this. Just adding my voice to the list of ppl who want this to happen. However What is the implementation and how does it work.. That is what i'm after... And server side implementation that crops won't grow on certain biomes..

• Lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Even a Core i7 would struggle getting 10+ FPS.
    You see each frame every goddamned block of air would have to be updated. For example heater adds 1 heat to surrounding air then the computer ahs to simulate the heat conducting to the blocks surrounding that block and then the blocks surrounding those blocks, etc, etc.
    The result is a lot of calculations. And don't even get me started on convection currents :D.

• Lagggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg
    Even a Core i7 would struggle getting 10+ FPS.
    You see each frame every goddamned block of air would have to be updated. For example heater adds 1 heat to surrounding air then the computer ahs to simulate the heat conducting to the blocks surrounding that block and then the blocks surrounding those blocks, etc, etc.
    The result is a lot of calculations. And don't even get me started on convection currents :D.

Didn't think about that, server can't even handle our main battery room
    powering a whole floating city, people stay away from there cause of the
    lag zone haha
    Was just thinking it could go with the mood mod pretty well

• how about making these blocks but simply have them affect Nuclear reactors in the area? heaters would be used to heat an area slightly for Breeder Reactors, and Coolers / AC Blocks, would be used to help cool the area. this would theoretically help the heat transferance and cooling of reactors in ambient air. (helps cool even when there is nothing but water blocks touching the reactor)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG