Ore generator

• Ehhhhhm, "one" Quarry? I don't think one is enough for these Ironveins or Coalveins. IC²-Miners are much faster and harvesting as much ore as a standardquarry, so set 4-9 of them up and you've harvested all the Ore quite fast.

Actually, i've found double as much as i've marked on that map, but still no Lapis or Diamond. Now i'm quite rich. :Industrial Credit:

With these Ore-Mods you can sell other Players the Location of the Ores they need for horrendous amounts of money/resources. :D

BC Quarries can be set to mine a 64 by 64 area from sky to bedrock. you specify the exact area you want using markers. also it pipes all the ores into a macerator, then into a furnace, and then an auto-crafting table to condense them into blocks, then i just walk back with all my blocks :)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• i don't about that, if you set up the quarry to only mine a 18 by 64 strip of the ground where the deposit it then you could shave it all out. also yeah it's 9 by 9 by default but can be designated to 64 by 64 by 64, but the height is irrelavant. also if you have it pumping at full speed now you can get like 3-4 blocks a second and those can by piped where ever you want :D not just an adjacent chest :)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

What's about 4 adjacent Personal Safes or one adjacent Enderchest, which is teleporting all the stuff to your Factory? If you have a lagfree Cobblefactory (yes, that is possible) you will not need the Rock from the Quarryoutput and if you want Marble or Basalt you can set your config for it (but only on SSP).

Oh and i hate the whole "Magic Block that does all the Work"-concept from BC and use it only in Creative Mode. I'm still waiting for Eloraams Frames whenever they come out.

• it's not one block that does all the work, lol, it used to be before they added engines and you could just slap a redstone torch next to the quarry and it could take out a 64 by 64 area in 8 days, but now it takes like 6 hours or up to 5 days and ALOT of fuel, whether it is coal or oil, or fuel.

also i have never tampered with EnderChest, the only mods i use are IC2, BC, and coming soon "Clay Soldiers" i don;t even use the power converter for IC2/BC. which oi was thinking about adding just for my automated factory.

• Ehhhhhm, "one" Quarry? I don't think one is enough for these Ironveins or Coalveins. IC²-Miners are much faster and harvesting as much ore as a standardquarry, so set 4-9 of them up and you've harvested all the Ore quite fast.

Actually, i've found double as much as i've marked on that map, but still no Lapis or Diamond. Now i'm quite rich. :Industrial Credit:

With these Ore-Mods you can sell other Players the Location of the Ores they need for horrendous amounts of money/resources. :D

lol, i think the only thing i'd get super excited about would be a uranium deposit so that i can fire up 12 CASUC reactors and fabricate all the other ores i'll ever need. lol

also to be honost i never got to use the IC Miners, i'm waiting for IC2 to update to MC1.2.3 :(

• Official Post

lol, i think the only thing i'd get super excited about would be a uranium deposit so that i can fire up 12 CASUC reactors and fabricate all the other ores i'll ever need. lol

also to be honost i never got to use the IC Miners, i'm waiting for IC2 to update to MC1.2.3 :(

I found such big Uraniumdeposit right next to my Base (the green dot on my map). Oh and the Oildeposit i found is very Huge (megafountain). Now it's my actual energysource for the future Massfab, which i can't build without Lapis.

• yeah, getting screwed out of tiny amounts of minerals like you currently are with lapis is my main concern about that mod, that's why i'd like to still be able to find tiny deposits like usual.

• In that case is BetterVeins (link somewhere here) better and updated to 1.1, but now i have to read your new suggestion. :D

lol, i'm waiting for everything to update to 1.2.3, it BetterVeins can update before IC2 then i might use it, if not oh well :) i'm more interesting in growing a Jungle Redwood Forestry project from using a Quarry and Growing Super Trees to make charcoal for my "passive" generators. if this works as well i think then this will be awesome. specially if i can find an up to date MC1.2.3 Power Converter for IC2/BC.

• there are diamonds veins, i assure you of it ;) only verry rare and mostly 50-60 diamonds per vein.

i suggest you download x-ray to take an look at the distribution. looks epic ;)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• all you need is your lapis and a massfab and then you can make everything you'll ever need, except uranium *epic sadface*

• Official Post

all you need is your lapis and a massfab and then you can make everything you'll ever need, except uranium *epic sadface*

Yes the only stuff i need is Lapis for the Massfab, but i don't need more Uranium. I have a very large Mine for it and i know, where is more of it. And since my mainenergysource is that Huge Oildeposit right next to my Base (BCIC²-Crossover Petrochemical Generator), i don't need a CASUC now.

• quick question for you, well 2 actually, 1 have you used the IC2/BC power converter, and 2 is it less strain on a server to use Redstone Engines or Solar Panels? lol

• Official Post

quick question for you, well 2 actually, 1 have you used the IC2/BC power converter, and 2 is it less strain on a server to use Redstone Engines or Solar Panels? lol

1. No. i'm no longer using it because it is to OP, if you mean Powercrystals Mod. I'm using BCIC²-Crossover to get fuelbased Generators and electric Engines.

2. Redstoneengines are less laggy (on the server), but their Particleeffects causing clientside Lag if the Particleoption is not set to low. Solarpanel + Energylink is much more lagging then that.

• 1. No. i'm no longer using it because it is to OP, if you mean Powercrystals Mod. I'm using BCIC²-Crossover to get fuelbased Generators and electric Engines.

2. Redstoneengines are less laggy (on the server), but their Particleeffects causing clientside Lag if the Particleoption is not set to low. Solarpanel + Energylink is much more lagging then that.

so redstones are laggier if you near them and cause client strain but solars cause more server stain over all, roger. well darn, also we should try and get someone to make a Balanced IC2/BC Power Convertion Mod / Block, you could use a Steam Engine and a plain Generator as a starting point and ratio it out from there. same with Geothermal Generator and a Combustion engine using lava.

• Official Post

Did i said that the BCIC²-Crossover petrochemical Generator can also convert BC-Energy to IC-electricity, and as i said it has electric Engines.

The Powerconverters from Powercrystals are balanced with an 1:1 ratio but they convert it immidietly, so don't need some time to convert the Energy and they have no Energyloss trough the conversion.

For Redstoneengines you can simply switch off the Particles, then they are causing nearby no lag. Also Redstoneengines causing lag per second or less if they are cold, but Solarpanels causing lag per tick, which is 20 times more laggy.

Buildcraftwaterproof Pipes causing massive Lag too, so place not much of them or use Teleportpipes.

• ahh ok nice, but then you said the power converter was overpowered :p

also i didn't know you could turn the particle effects off.

that is why i usually put the liquid source directly under the pump and put that as close to the machine/engine as possible.