Suggestion: ZPM

• Name: ZPM
    Description: I used to find it frustrating making a power source to test systems with. No, I dont like building massive solar arrays, casuc reactors, or manually TMI-ing Lapatrons or similar.
    Advanced solar arrays help, but dont work during the night. Charging benches work, but still need refilled. Oh, and you cant TMI lapatrons anymore, because of the new system makes them have no energy.

So, As an aid for infinite power generation, for creative mode, Debugging addons (like forcefields), and for adventure maps, I would like A ZPM

Basically, Stick it into an energy storage unit, and it will, as though it has infinite capacity, drain or fill said energy storage's power capaciter at the maximum rate, without any change to the item. Effectively, an infinite power source.

Recipie:
    Obviously none, because it is intended for testing only.

Also, If not officially added, Would be nice as an addon as well.

• I approve! This would be really handy for testdrives...

1. OMG CREEPER RUN AWAY!
    2. Go away, you creeper wierdo!
    3. What ever, I'll just go around.
    4. Hup, over their heads I go!
    5. Okay Mister living grenade, I'm going to knock you into those skeletons, and I'll follow through with a nano saber. Understood? FOR THE ALMIGHTLY DRAGON LORD!

• Official Post

Do you know that to create a ZPM, you would need a horrendously large Energysource like a Neutronstar or a black Hole. ZPM's are not directly Energysources, they are more like Superbatteries, saving their energy in a small Universe (also called Subspacetime).

To get these damn high amounts of Energy you would need a Transportationmethod to get to the next black Hole or Neutronstar and back in sufficient Time. And for Industrialcraft is that not possible to get, and would require too much other Technologies, like Hyperdrive or Warpdrive.

And for testingreasons you can make a MFSU + Lapotrons or HV-Solar + Timecheat or 2 HV-Solar + MFSU without Timecheat.

• Valid object for testing purpouses. Could as well create a craftable one, posing an INFINITE energy storage (NBT Tags make it possible).

and infinate energy storage would be useful. i found it rediculous making 128 MFSUs for storage on my server to prevent people from feeling the need to use solar panels :p

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• and infinate energy storage would be useful. i found it rediculous making 128 MFSUs for storage on my server to prevent people from feeling the need to use solar panels :p

Wonderful :D

Its certainly possible, though not intended. was looking for something for infinite power application. Also, It would be limited, to (I think) 4 billion EU regardless, unless you made it increments of more than 1 eu per damage. Still, 4 billion is such a rediculous amount, you could make 4 thousand UUM with it.
    Craftable one probably would require the MFSU, or possible a direct high energy converer, using HV and getting a far faster charge/discharge rate. Still, its no

I guess it will output EV current? Or even more?

Nope, Acts like a battery, except pretend it has infinite capaicty, and is always 50% full. So, you can drain energy out of it, as much as you dang well please, as well as drain the storage blocks. It isnt a block, its an item.
    So, bat-box, it effectively gives 32 eu/tick (or actually, I think things can discharge faster than that in a batbox, not sure tho)
    Mfe, 128, MFSU, 512. Obviously if you added in anouther storage block, it would go higher. Only thing I want to watch out for, is to make sure it works in the charging bench, and doesnt cause it to explode the wires and anything it connects to.

• i think we need more uses with iridium. maybe have it require 2 MFSUs, 4 iridium plates and 3 Lapotron crystals?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Its certainly possible, though not intended. was looking for something for infinite power application. Also, It would be limited, to (I think) 4 billion EU regardless, unless you made it increments of more than 1 eu per damage

NBT-Tags.

I can store LONG_MAX^LONG_MAX different values if i like to. Don't try calculating that, could kill your engine.

• maybe if it becomes craftable make it like this?

9 iridium plates - iridium block.

8 iridium blocks surounding an lapatron crytal (charged) makes an ZPM.

or is that waaaay to expensive? :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• NBT-Tags.

I can store LONG_MAX^LONG_MAX different values if i like to. Don't try calculating that, could kill your engine.

Heh, Yea, thats a bit steep. Even if that is more than 2^16, Its still too much for my calculator to take.

But never call it ZPM. ZPM's are like Singleusebatteries. First charge it once with ultrapower and then use it for the next 1000 years or so.

Well, If you look at stargate, that appears to be the case, although being able to discharge partially at a time. Also, probably not much more than 100 times as much capacity as a lapatron does here.
    Thing is, I was just using it as the most powerful power source I know of in Scifi. Otherwise, I would have made it part of the functionality of the banhammer, lol.

• if it was an infinate power storage device i'd go for that. however, i'm also trying to suggest the Iridium Blocks as a Explosion proof building material, recommending it being made from either 4 or 9 iridium ores, that way you could also use Iridium Blocks as Storage like all other minerals.

how about we run with my iridium block idea at 4 iridium ores per block, and it cost 4 iridium blocks and 4 Iridium plates to create a Iridium Machine Block, and the ZPM would require 1 MFSU, 4 Iridium Machine Blocks, and 4 Lapotron Crystals. these Iridium Machine Blocks (Iridium Machine Blocks) would be used to the highest teir of machines, first starting with the ZPM, other implimentations can be used with these IMB later.

• youre on to something good there,

iridium machine blocks... hmmm, could also open up IC to the elusive tier 4 technology, at an extreme cost thou :P

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• youre on to something good there,

iridium machine blocks... hmmm, could also open up IC to the elusive tier 4 technology, at an extreme cost thou :P

very much indeed :D and would actually give a use/need to mass fabricators and large scale energy production such as a nuclear reactor. most people build a 400 solar panel farm but i could easily see people changing that to 4 nuclear reactors for 2,000EU/t in order to make the most advanced machines and Iridium Blocks used to make blast-proof chambers for a safe enviroment for the nuclear reactors.

• Some upgraded components (a next tier) for the nuclear reactor would also motivate ppl more to use nuclear power instead of laggy solar spam

very much agreed, i think the main reason people don;t make them is because they are not easy to set-up nor understand right off the bat and most people don;t want to risk the emense amount of damage they can cause, when learning and setting up your first reactor takes like an hour, or more. if players could make a more durable or more stable reactor with almost no fear of it exploding then i'm sure alot more people would use them.

for example, you could make a QURG (Quantum-Uranium Reaction Generator) where you ram 1 uranium cel into it like you would a normal generator and it would produce 1.5 million energy over 3 hours. when if you put it in a normal reactor by itself you'd get 3 million from it minimum, up to like 12 milloin per cell if i'm thinking clearly. so it might not be nearly as efficient for your uranium but i'm sure players that don;t use Nuclear Reactors are stock piling uranium with no use. this would allow them to use it, yet less effectively, in order to reduce the Solar Panel Spam.

Also, perhaps since the QURG would drain them slower and "more accurately" perhaps have it's ouput as Nearly Depleted Uranium cells at 80%, eventually a player would have so many nearly depleted uranium cells that that might be tempted to make a Breeder Reactor in order to recharge the cells to put in their QURGs or they'd learn and understand reactors as a cause of these and start using Nuclear Reactors more. so regardless i see this as a good opprotunity to lure people into using higher teir machines and upgrade from those lesser generators.