[Suggestion] Adjustments to Empty Cell behavior

• With the godsend that is the fuel cell system, comes the jarring transition of the inflexibility of how the empty cells respond to liquids. In many cases, these cells could be used in such a way to farm masses pools of lava or water instantly on site...

The problem comes when the site is either completely tapped out, or completely full of flowing liquid with the source blocks partially inaccessible to the player. The clear solution to this is to use Buildcraft Pumps for their AoE collection of the Source liquid blocks, but then the liquids are 'trapped' into BC tanks that cannot be accessed by empty cells. For lava, this is a minor annoyance, as BC integration with Geopower is part of IC's base, and flowing water can be put into cells via the IC Pump...

Yet in the case of Nether energy production, there comes a difficulty in how to send lava back and forth between the Overworld and the Nether. Sure, you can use Ender Chests and deposit your cells in them as you fill them next to a Nether ocean, but you still can't access all the lava without tremendous effort. You could pump the lava with BC Pumps, but how are you going to send that lava to the surface with resorting to RE Batteries or Lapotrons?

So what I suggest is the ability to right click on BC tanks to fill cells with its appropriated liquids. This function used to exist with an add-on called the Mobile Pump , and was a highly useful tool at the time. I'd like to see something similar with cells to come back for the simple function of pulling directly from BC tanks...

And on a side note, any chance for Bio Cell <-> Biomass conversion if this were to become implemented?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

Cell + Oil/Fuel, good.
    Cell + BC-Tanks, also good.
    Cell + Forestrybiomass/fuel, would make it complete, so also good.

Every advanced Compatiblity between mods is a good Idea.

But why you want to transport Lava from the Nether to the surface?
    I'm producing my UUM right there and the Massfab is the only large Energyconsumer in IC².

• But why you want to transport Lava from the Nether to the surface?
    I'm producing my UUM right there and the Massfab is the only large Energyconsumer in IC².

If its SSP, Nether unloads when you go to the overworld, producing nothing until you go back to the nether. (Chunk loader doesnt work if you are not there in the nether)

If its SSP, Nether unloads when you go to the overworld, producing nothing until you go back to the nether. (Chunk loader doesnt work if you are not there in the nether)

Mostly this... I also don't have to invest in UU Matter due to the fact that with Thaumcraft, I can use Vis for matter duplication and farm entire chunks worth of Netherrack and Soul sand into vis. As such, if I were to primarily invest in Nether based Geo Thermal energy, I would either have to set up a dedicated base full of expensive T3 tech just to be able to process the energy load of Geothermal from the Nether, or manually go from site to site to site risking Ghast attacks and Hell Scorpion (Mo'Creatures) ambushes for a partial collection of lava due to range limits on the empty cell absorption...

Instead, I'd rather just be able to pump the lava up with an AoE BC Pump and then compartmentalize it elsewhere so that it's more cost effective to transfer the materials via stacked cells (which, ironically, are worth more energy than fully charged Lapotrons) in and out of the Nether...

But this is only one example. Let's say I have an underground pool of water I want to get rid of, and instead of blasting it apart due to IC's lowered blast resistance on water, I instead pump the water with BC pipes. Figuratively, I should be able to store all that water in a BC tank, but Minecraft likes to make more Water Source blocks when conditions allow them. That alone dramatically increases the volume of the water size, and jumps up the BC storage requirement for said water. If I could channel this water into cells, I could then rapidly consume said water for either Ice or Deuterium production and instantly consume the pool dry...

So yes... these are just a few reasons as to why that feature could really be useful for players dealing with MC fluids..

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

• well if your not worried nor making UUM then why are you so worried bout energy problems? you can run your average daily producttions with only 10-20 solar panels and 1 MSFU, and a stack of lava cells would last you like a week, and if you had a geothermal plant in the nether then 1 lapotron would run a normal base function for a sginificantly long time. and if you are using MassFabs, then just make you matter in the nether and bring it back in UUM form.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• well if your not worried nor making UUM then why are you so worried bout energy problems? you can run your average daily producttions with only 10-20 solar panels and 1 MSFU, and a stack of lava cells would last you like a week, and if you had a geothermal plant in the nether then 1 lapotron would run a normal base function for a significantly long time. and if you are using MassFabs, then just make you matter in the nether and bring it back in UUM form.

Because I'm farming the Nether for everything it's worth... Not just the lava for power, but even the Netherrack itself...

Ultimately, I'm trying to consume and store ALL of the Nether's EU and Vis in such a way that when I go back and terraform it, I can start at base level, and have tons of terraformers running at once to transform it. If I just run the terraformers straight off Geothermal, I'll get rid of the Netherrack that I farm for Vis...

I could simply apply power to my Lappack and Mining Laser from lava farming and be able to send Netherrack back and forth, but I have tons of Diamond chests worth of Netherrack to process into Vis. Plus, the space in Ender Chest isn't that impressive, so alternating between that storage and the Overworld facility is a bit of a logistical hassle. (and the dye costs get stupidly high just to keep switching from chest-to-chest-to-chest for said storage)

So I want to ease the hassle of dealing with the Nether beyond having to move everything I have into it. Farming is a bit difficult in the Nether's conditions, and as such, I'd rather not have to have a pure residency within that hell-realm just to complete this project. Plus, I find that this function can be for more than just a narrow application of Geothermal. Bio Cells, Coal Cells, even Crude Oil and Refined Oil cells can be brough into the game with this added functionality, and thus expand more on the usefulness of the fuel cell system itself...

• so basically all you want to be able to use Empty Cells on Liquid Tanks from Buildcraft? sounds reasonable enough if you con convince alblaka to do it or convince Krapht and Sir Sengir to recode the tanks to act as a source, or maybe add a pipe that can drain out the tanks and place them on the ground and then place BC pumps over them to suck it up into cells.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG