[Suggestion] More uses for Gold, Silver and Bronze

• Actually, The credit system really only works if you disable crafting them, and have a bunch distributed to all players, and possibly a few more every so often.

That makes more sense actually, lol... That way you can keep an accurate tab on how much ICoin that has been minted..

Know of any servers off hand that do this already?

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Official Post

honostly i think gold cable should be alot better, gold is the most conductive metal on earth with a really high tolerance and is far more effective then that is silver and copper, we just don;t use it as such due to it's rarity, typically we only use it these days for Nano-Cuircut boards. so maybe if we go with the Nano-labratory idea then we could use gold for those. also at the moment gold has plenty of uses, specially if a player is using Buildcraft, since it's used for the only decent Conductive Pipe and used alot in long distance transport lines, so i think using Gold in the Cuircuts is a bad idea, specially for something that is such a high demand item. maybe if you add the next Tier of machines mentioned in a previous thread in regards to making a "Quantum Machine Block" then maybe make the next level of "Nano-Cuircuts" require gold ingots.

I agree with this, gold is the most condutive metal, golden cables should be better than iron cables in my opinion.
    [Making Bronze the T2 cable, Ref. Iron T3 cable, Gold T3-4 Cable (HV/EV and has 1 EU loss every 4 blocks) and glass fibre T4]
    Gold has to be added some more uses like golden machine blocks used in advanced machine blocks. [Recipe change]

IF add more uses to silver, it has to be optional, since it is not an IC² ore.
    Silver cable could be added as T2-3 cable (carry MV/HV and has 1 EU loss every 6 blocks)
    [So maybe use Nikolite as equal substitute for redstone in certain recipes, and tungsten ore for something, gems for industrial diamond production]

Bronze can be used as bronze->iron if needed (melt rails back to iron inside alloy furnace)

• how about recycling gold stuff gives a better chance to yield scrap.
    or gold plating copper cables (an uninsulated copper cable and a gold nugget (can't be insulated as a result)) boosts the cables packet tolerance to 40eu perfect for connecting to ricks starter reactor design.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

IF add more uses to silver, it has to be optional, since it is not an IC² ore.
    Silver cable could be added as T2-3 cable (carry MV/HV and has 1 EU loss every 6 blocks)
    [So maybe use Nikolite as equal substitute for redstone in certain recipes, and tungsten ore for something, gems for industrial diamond production]

Bronze can be used as bronze->iron if needed (melt rails back to iron inside alloy furnace)

1. Silver optional? Yes it must be so, but i already indirectly said that in the mainpost, to be a possible replacement for Gold in Circuits.

2. Nikolitebatterierecipe was on my old Suggestionlist (you have readed and agreed that part) :thumbup:

3. I think Tungstenore will be smeltable, so a Tungstendust, like Silverdust, would be usefull.

4. f***, i forgot to disable the Bronzerecipe for Rails, now everyone (one another person) on my private Server (not activated when i'm not there) could craft Iron out of Bronze! :cursing:

• what are you freaking out about? you could already make make iron dust form tin dust and copper dust just like how people make gunpowder from redstone dust and coal dust

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I still have no idea why bronze tools are in the mod.

because they are fairly easy to make and 30% more durable then iron, so near the start these are highly valuable to the Diamond Tunnel Combing method we all tend to use.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

because they are fairly easy to make and 30% more durable then iron, so near the start these are highly valuable to the Diamond Tunnel Combing method we all tend to use.

But you need Macerator for making it, and when i'm at the Macerationlevel, then i have/make already a Diamonddrill and a Batpack. If you don't have a Batpack or if you have forestry then you can still make a Bronzepick, but i'm still using the Gempicks from Redpower.

• But you need Macerator for making it, and when i'm at the Macerationlevel, then i have/make already a Diamonddrill and a Batpack. If you don't have a Batpack or if you have forestry then you can still make a Bronzepick, but i'm still using the Gempicks from Redpower.

yes but when your still fairly early game i prefer to save my EUs then burn them on a diamond drill till i get a couple solar panels and wind turbines going. then when i get liek 12 generators total i upgrade to diamond picks. just saying there are a few of us that use them still specially. specially on some servers where players don;t want to get involved with the Industrial side of the game and just want plain picks they don't have to recharge and find and MFS/MFE. my Girlfriend used to be one of these people and i'd just toss her like 6 bronze picks. then i just started handing her a diamond drill and a lappack and i did the charging for her.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

lol, please... that method is so beta :P

no, seriously.. if you can afford a nuke after a few creeper kills and some lucky uranium finds, you can blast a hole large enough around layers 20-40 which enables a more explosive apporach to full scale mining. This way, you kill a good majority of 'clutter,' and then scrape off the resulting tunnels/cave connections that you've found for materials...

If you don't have decent tunnels to work off of, make another :Nuke TNT: :P

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• Rofl Magus, nah typically what i do is load 2-3 accounts and have then all auto-run and auto-crouch, then i just put them all with bronze picks or diamond drills and hold down their left click buttons. (1 PC and 2 laptops) and use them to comb out the ground at layers 12-16, i then go back later with quantum legs and sprint down the halls with torches looking for minerals. works remarkably effective. the only problem is the rare occurrance of lava at level 13 then comes down on one of their heads.

• Official Post

no, seriously.. if you can afford a nuke after a few creeper kills and some lucky uranium finds, you can blast a hole large enough around layers 20-40 which enables a more explosive apporach to full scale mining. This way, you kill a good majority of 'clutter,' and then scrape off the resulting tunnels/cave connections that you've found for materials...

Hmmm, actually i have 4 Uranium and enough Blackpowder (Piratelanguage FTW) to make a nuke. And i'm short of usefull resources due to Betterveins-Mod... TO THE OBVIOUSCAVE!!!

• also i find making nuclear reactors and powering them a better use of my Uranium.

• Official Post

Rofl Magus, nah typically what i do is load 2-3 accounts and have then all auto-run and auto-crouch, then i just put them all with bronze picks or diamond drills and hold down their left click buttons. (1 PC and 2 laptops) and use them to comb out the ground at layers 12-16, i then go back later with quantum legs and sprint down the halls with torches looking for minerals. works remarkably effective. the only problem is the rare occurrance of lava at level 13 then comes down on one of their heads.

Do you really have to hold down their Mousebuttons? Poor guy, i would've written a Program for that based on the following Javacode

import java.awt.Robot;
    import java.awt.event.InputEvent;
    import javax.swing.JFrame;

public class Leftklickhold
    {
    public static void main(String args[])
    {
    JFrame frame = new JFrame("Linksklickhalter");
    frame.setDefaultCloseOperation(JFrame.EXIT_ON_CLOSE);
    frame.pack();
    frame.setResizable(false);
    frame.setVisible(true);

new Thread(new Runnable() {@Override public void run()
    {
    try
    {
    Thread.sleep(10000);
    int buttonType = InputEvent.BUTTON1_MASK;
    while (true)
    {
    Thread.sleep(500);
    Robot robot = new Robot();
    robot.mousePress(buttonType);
    }
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    }}).start();
    }}

Edit: That damn Forum doesn't lets me put in my code in a good way. :cursing:

• Do you really have to hold down their Mousebuttons? Poor guy, i would've written a Program for that based on the following Javacode

lol, i find it easier to hang Wooden-Felt padded C-Clamp on the laptops touchpad buttons and simply hold my Mouse button in my PC while i watch a movie on my other moniter, or i let the laptops to go town would i play League of Legends and when my match is over o use the third account to go see what they found while they keep drilling.