Suggestion: GeoThermal Generators and Uranium.

• i was doing alittle research on wikipedia about the exact properties of uranium and discovered that uranium was the first material discovered that could "Fissle". A fissile material is one that is capable of sustaining a chain reaction of nuclear fission and that Fissile materials can be used to fuel thermal Reactors. so how about being about to use a Uranium Cell in a Geothermal Generator to get 750,000 EUs and no chance of getting a nearly depleted cell back. This way players who refuse to use nuclear reactors can atleast use their uranium in this manner instead of spamming the hell out of Solar Panels. this however is a horribly inneficient way of using uranium considering you can make a mark2-1 or 2-3 reactor to use 6 cells to generate 28 million without exploding and no need for Continous Coolant supplied to it.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• lol, i'm aware but i figured this would be a minor solution and helpful innovation for people who are to stubborn to use the Nuclear Reactors.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Dumbing down a concept because people are too stupid to grasp it should not be an option.

Besides the problem isnt because the nuclear reactor explodes or anything, its because people DONT WANT to mantain it in the first place. People use solar because its a place and forget thing. Like someone said in a thread before, if you place a chance to solars of getting a dust/snow/sand (According to your biome) layer on top of it people would likely stop spamming those.

• Official Post

On this forum, the first thing i've done was to post a large list of suggestions. This was one of the better Ideas of my list.

Why is everybody thinking that nuclear energy must be produced via a chainreaction?
    A single piece of depleted Uranium CAAAAN power a golf-car IRL!!!

It is possible, because Uranuim is still radiating, and so causing a little heat if thrown into Water or another similar Liquid. This heat is usable to generate a Low Voltage (0.25 EU/t in IC²-measures for refined Uranium) for an extreme long time (a lot of years). So why not adding a less efficient way to use Uranium for all these people, who are too afraid of Reactors.

If that Generator outputs 0.25 EU/t than it should use 5-EU-Packets for less lag.
    In general every ULV-Generator should output in 5-EU-Packets to cause less lag!!!

And as a predictable sideeffect of that, are tincables much more shockier if you come to close to them. :D

• Dumbing down a concept because people are too stupid to grasp it should not be an option.

Besides the problem isnt because the nuclear reactor explodes or anything, its because people DONT WANT to mantain it in the first place. People use solar because its a place and forget thing. Like someone said in a thread before, if you place a chance to solars of getting a dust/snow/sand (According to your biome) layer on top of it people would likely stop spamming those.

true i suppose, but some people just really are that stubborn. and i gree as to the sand snow and dust on them, i think everytime it rains it should coat them, and if your in a desert biome then have sand pile up like snow does. i can already find ways of having an automatic sweeping systems but still. and i don't think it's so much of a maintenance thing because you can easily just set up a single reactor with no chambers and throw in 1 uranium cell with 4 coolant cells and 2-4 heat dispensers and that'll make like 1million EUs per hours and you can just casually toss in another one with no worries about it ever exploding and you could make them as packed in as normal generators.

• You should consider that crafting a nuclearreactor is expensive and a very high effort, because the most components are not stackable.

very true, but it also ouputs far more energy and faster then solars, it's easier to make 1 nuclear reactor then 40-60 solar panels, also giving people a small taste of how effective uranium is, even in a very ineffective manner like a geothermal generator, would hopefully entice them just alittle more for nuclear reactors in order to get 10 times the amount of energy out of each cell with minumal effort.

honostly i forgot how aggrivating it was to make my very first reactor because of the non stacking components, i forgot about that cause i have a fully automated Nuclear Reactor crafting facility thanks to buildcraft. i just throw in basic materials and it spitts out a few reactors and chambers 5-10 minutes later.

• if I remember correctly from my lurking days the main argument against snow and dust covering solars was that it made them no longer fire and forget perhaps has compromise solars should generate cobwebs(from just sitting there and being forgotten) some solar spammers will accept the idea for the free string and others will abandon solar due to ugliness.

AFAIK one of the reasons people spam solars is to run mass fabs. so another idea is to have have geothermals and nuclear reactors generate more scrap-able waste (cobble, gravel, and dirt randomly for geothermal, and irradiated cells for nuclear reactors) to make these sources of power more enticing. EDIT: or just "spent scrap cells" for both of them.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Solars windgens and watergens are supposed to be set and forget removing that will ruin the reason you make them. The problems lies in the fact that the other energy sources dont provide a good alternative. Only CASUC reactors are a good alternative to solars when running a mass fab. But there aint no way you can get enough energy with charcoal or lava cells.

• cobwebs are transparent so solars would still be fire and forget they just look ugly

and as for alternatives not turning out enough power. that is why you have the alternatives make it easier make more scrap. to make it easy to reduce the cost of uumatter other wise a solar spammer would need even more solars or a auto-cobblegen(also laggy) but if you replace the auto cobble gen with a geogen that spits out waste cobble and EU some solar spammers may cut back cause their scrap source is supplementing their power.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Solars windgens and watergens are supposed to be set and forget removing that will ruin the reason you make them. The problems lies in the fact that the other energy sources dont provide a good alternative. Only CASUC reactors are a good alternative to solars when running a mass fab. But there aint no way you can get enough energy with charcoal or lava cells.

actually you can easily make some Geothermals and pumps and put them in the nether side by side to mass produce energy from the lava in the nether to make matter, or even use Buildcraft to make it significantly more effective. also wind turbines, if set up right, are almost as effective as solars and actually might be even more effective if set up properly. i used solar and wind to make the ultimate free energy array. problem was it's still as strenuous on the server as usual with those massive amounts of solar panels. and charcoal is an even more viable source now that you can use a rainforest and Super Trees for wood production.

• cobwebs are transparent so solars would still be fire and forget they just look ugly

and as for alternatives not turning out enough power. that is why you have the alternatives make it easier make more scrap. to make it easy to reduce the cost of uumatter other wise a solar spammer would need even more solars or a auto-cobblegen(also laggy) but if you replace the auto cobble gen with a geogen that spits out waste cobble and EU some solar spammers may cut back cause their scrap source is supplementing their power.

it's better to make a huge NPC mob grinder for items to scrap, it's far less taxing on a servers ram.

• Solars windgens and watergens are supposed to be set and forget removing that will ruin the reason you make them...

My point has been (sorta) proven. The reason you made those its because those are free energy sources (Meaning they dont need to burn any kind of material or be nearby any kind of material to work). They were also not supossed to be used in large amounts ergo the server problems that have been happening recently because people likes to keep abusing the solar instead of moving to the other generators.

The problems lies in the fact that the other energy sources dont provide a good alternative. Only CASUC reactors are a good alternative to solars when running a mass fab. But there aint no way you can get enough energy with charcoal or lava cells.

Vainilla speaking, all generators offer pretty good alternatives (Super fuel with generator, stacks of 64+ lava cells in geo, 2m eu per uranium cell in nuclear), none used because people dont like manual collecting/creating the resources needed for making those gen work (And thats a piss poor excuse to not use these gens).

Non vainilla speaking, with redpower or buildcraft, these generators become stupdily OP and less strenous to servers (whenever you decide to spam a few of these or not) because you need less amount of them to keep making absurb amounts of EU.

The problems lies in one of these:

-The mass fabricator itself, without it nobody would feel the need to have 500+ solar gens active.
    -The free energy, free worry nature of the solar generator itself. Either that or the innability to place a limit on the amount of solar one can place in a world/make.
    -The players that can't take some time to check their generators from time to time because they are too lazy for it, so they rather spam the solar gens.

• if people didn't have mass fabs wouldn't they just spam recyclers? its just like the advanced machine crisis take away the luxury and people just spam the low end to make up for it.

• if people didn't have mass fabs wouldn't they just spam recyclers? its just like the advanced machine crisis take away the luxury and people just spam the low end to make up for it.

yeah but with recyclers you still have to manuall feed items or materials into it to get the craps to make the crap boxes to TRY and get some decent items you'd want. a mass fab can be set up with solars and burn away your server's "resources" in order to be like "ok UUM, let's see i need... Redstone dust! and poof!" there you go, very little about of work apart from collecting 240,000 blocks and feeding them into recyclers for the same amount of redstone dust.