Suggestion: Better Scrap Boxes

• it has come to my attention that scrap boxes are fairly worthless and not even worth making. so here is my suggestion.

how about making the items from the scrap boxes alittle better and giving it a very low chance of getting uranium. since UUM can't make uranium and uranium. Since uranium naturally can be found in low levels within all rock, soil, and water, it would be nice to say recycle 50,000 dirt into scraps, make those into scrap boxes and hopefully get a few uranium ores.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

Yep, Scrapboxing is not much efficient and could be a bit better, maybe two times more Uranium as Diamonds from Scrapboxing to keep it balanced, even if i don't really need more Uranium than i have now. And less Wooden Tools since there are not only Hoes.

I've installed Better Veins for my new modded 1.1. Today i've started playing it the first time and the FIRST resourcedeposit i found was URANIUM, AGAIN. I'm a living Uraniumdetector. No matter where my Base is, theres ever a very large amount of valuable resources right there and when i'm going far away from my Base i find less than nothing. :D

• Yep, Scrapboxing is not much efficient and could be a bit better, maybe two times more Uranium as Diamonds from Scrapboxing to keep it balanced, even if i don't really need more Uranium than i have now. And less Wooden Tools since there are not only Hoes.

I've installed Better Veins for my new modded 1.1. Today i've started playing it the first time and the FIRST resourcedeposit i found was URANIUM, AGAIN. I'm a living Uraniumdetector. No matter where my Base is, theres ever a very large amount of valuable resources right there and when i'm going far away from my Base i find less than nothing. :D

yeah but your massive uranium deposits might be concidered just a little bit cheating :) lol honostly though i think those depostis are just alittle to big cause i could just load up, dig 15 blocks down and drill a tunnel until i slam into a massive deposit of something and bee good for like a month :p

back to the OP: agreed, twice of common as the current diamonds sounds about right i guess, that about 38 uranium ore every 10,000 scrap boxes, which is roughly 120,000 recycled goods, i think that's about the ratio of uranium in the ground huh? about 1 in every 263 blocks + the cost of energy for all that recycling?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• The UUM recipe for uranium was removed because it allowed for infinite energy and, when used right, could provide more energy than needed by the mass fabricator (not counting scrap production and other stuff).

Back in Equivalent Exchange 4, there was a mobius->uranium recipe which met a similar fate in EE5 - allowed for infinite energy but in a much more overkill way.

• The UUM recipe for uranium was removed because it allowed for infinite energy and, when used right, could provide more energy than needed by the mass fabricator (not counting scrap production and other stuff).

Back in Equivalent Exchange 4, there was a mobius->uranium recipe which met a similar fate in EE5 - allowed for infinite energy but in a much more overkill way.

well yes, but that is why you make the chance of uranium incredibly rare, that way it's not as "overpowered" keep in mind that if uraniurm was 1 in 10,000 scrap boxes then it would cost 3.5 million energy in recycling power and blocks alone to get that 1 uranium. 3,500,000 EUs and 120,000 blocks used to get 1 uranium, i would not consider that overpowered. not anymore then allowing a player to make 1 uranium ore and toss it into a breeder reactor and make 8 fully charged cells.

• what ever happened the idea to bringing back the uum uranium recipe but making it so you needed a eff better than 3.25 to turn profit? did that idea get any where?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

what ever happened the idea to bringing back the uum uranium recipe but making it so you needed a eff better than 3.25 to turn profit? did that idea get any where?

Loud stupid priests voice:

AND ALBLAKA SAID, IT WAS TOO OP, AND IT DISAPPEARED BY ITSELF.

Now i think it should be a bit more rare as Scrapdiamond.

• honostly i'd greatly prefer the UUM recipe for uranium. i mean hell if you made it cost 8 scrap then that alone is 8 million EUs which is far more then you get out of a Uranium Cell anyways.

• Official Post

honostly i'd greatly prefer the UUM recipe for uranium. i mean hell if you made it cost 8 scrap then that alone is 8 million EUs which is far more then you get out of a Uranium Cell anyways.

You forgot breeding. Then you could get far more than 10 million EU from ONE Uraniumore.

Oh, and producing Uranium out of 8 SCRAP costs much less than 8 million EU. I think you meaned UUM.

• You forgot breeding. Then you could get far more than 10 million EU from ONE Uraniumore.

Oh, and producing Uranium out of 8 SCRAP costs much less than 8 million EU. I think you meaned UUM.

lol, i ment 8 UUM, and i didn;t forget about bredding i left it out :p and also in order to breed uranium it takes alot more time an effort. atleast all of this time and effort is a better alternative to using solar panels which are propetually free energy. so why can;t we spend a shit ton of time and effort and planning to make "free" nuclear Reactors? atleast it is more trouble then being like "herp derp, i made 500 solar panels and R good fir life!"

• cause solar panels can't be used to make WMD's? jk i think there should be some way to have free nuclear.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• cause solar panels can't be used to make WMD's? jk i think there should be some way to have free nuclear.

well it's kind of not free because it requires alot of time, time is more valuable then money or resources. so if it takes a while to benefit alittle then it should be ok, atleast that's how i see it.

• how about extracting uranium(or a new fissionable material) from the undead after all why do you think bone meal makes plants grow fast and rotten flesh makes you emit glowing green bubbles? it won't be "free!" free cause you have to go zombie hunting but it will mean you won't have to move your base when you tap all the local uranium

• so you mean to be able to extract small amounts of uranium from the undead like "Uranium Nuggets" extracted from rotten flesh and bones. not a bad idea but that's get abused horribly by Mob Grinders.

• make lab equipment that uses your experience points to convert rotten flesh or bones in to uranium fragments like an IC2 enchanting table almost. that way you have to kill them your self. its perfect for late game cause you've mined everything near your base so mob hunting becomes everyones new hobby cause they are bored

• make lab equipment that uses your experience points to convert rotten flesh or bones in to uranium fragments like an IC2 enchanting table almost. that way you have to kill them your self. its perfect for late game cause you've mined everything near your base so mob hunting becomes everyones new hobby cause they are bored

using your experience to make uranium, now there is an interesting concept. i approve.

• Experience and some light green things:
    Light green dye because it is cactus green and bonemeal - both has "death essence";
    Rotten flesh - part of zombie and they are green;
    Gunpowder - as a part of green creepers
    may be cactus itself.
    Couple of each plus player's XP in some new lab to turn empty cell to depleted.

• one problem with that. cactus farms

creepers are like leaves according to notch and we already know gunpowder has redstone in it not uranium

OH! other use for lab equipment turn zombie flesh into village spawn eggs

• one problem with that. cactus farms

creepers are like leaves according to notch and we already know gunpowder has redstone in it not uranium

OH! other use for lab equipment turn zombie flesh into village spawn eggs

cactus farms aren't really a problem if you go about making then right.

notch said a creepers texture if that of dry leaves, kinda of like a Rock Lobster, just because if looks like a rock and feels like a rock doesn;t mean it is always a rock, also gunpower might not neccisarily have "redstone" in it, redstone might just be a catalyst to a chemical change and a higher output then most other chemical combination. real gunpowder is from charcoal/coal, sawdust, saltpeter and sulpher. so where are the sticks in our recipie? lol

and i'm not sure what you mean by using zombie flesh to spawn a village. you mean like somehow using zombie flesh to basically create a "town-in-a-box"? i think you'd need alot more then just alittle bit of zombie flesh, specially since zombies aren;t even lured to dead meat, so you can;t even really set it as a "zombie invasion point" realistically (i know, i know, not everything has to be realistic, it's just a game.)

• use the rotten fleshes zombieness and your exp to reanimate it all the way and create a living villager(testificate) stored in a spawn egg for our convenience more than 1 piece of rotten flesh will of course be necessary(like allot of rotten flesh and maybe some uum)