[IC2 1.109] SeedManager v3.0.2 - Taking the hassle out of agriculture.

• Okay, wasn't expecting this update to be as ugly as it turned out to be. Apparently MCP decided to sweep a bit of ugliness under the carpet, and in the process, broke the way I'd been getting a deobfuscated IC2 jar. Took me a while to figure out how to get it again. On the upside, I fixed some of my workflow in the process, so it's no longer anywhere near as messy for me.

Since we're now on a version that in theory supports block IDs up to 4095, I tried boosting the default ID into that range, but discovered that ModLoader had a heart attack when I tried it. It could be that there's some missing support in Minecraft itself making ModLoader die, but I think it's more likely that ModLoader still assumes 256 block IDs somewhere.

The really good news is that I'm not expecting the 1.2.5 update to be anywhere near as painful, because I already figured out how to handle any more meddling that MCP might do.

-FM

• The current IC2 version is 1.90, for Minecraft 1.2.4, available over here. The current SeedManager, v1.2, works with this version.

1.81 was for Minecraft 1.2.3, and there is no matching SeedManager version.

The previous SeedManager version, 1.1, was built against IC2 v1.71, for Minecraft 1.1.

• This is very good! I think that it should be added to vanilla IC2. Does anyone think that this add-on is unbalanced? Especially once the auto hydration/fertalization/weed killer machine comes out.

• i would just like to say i enjoyed reading the intro, good job

Thanks. I had fun writing it.

This is very good! I think that it should be added to vanilla IC2.

It actually started out as a suggestion for vanilla IC2, so including it in IC2 would make my day.

Does anyone think that this add-on is unbalanced? Especially once the auto hydration/fertalization/weed killer machine comes out.

I'm honestly not sure how the Seed Analyzer and Seed Library could be considered unbalanced. The analyzer uses half as much power as a cropnalyzer, but that's assuming you don't overclock it, and I always do. Without overclocking, it's painfully slow, which seems to be quite sufficient for balance. And the library doesn't have terribly much practical impact at all; it just keeps your seeds organized so you can find the ones you want without shuffling through chests.

The only thing that seems like it could have balance implications is the ability to sort seeds for buildcraft, and the machine you mention (which isn't one I'll be making) doesn't touch on that. What you'd actually need is a few things I have considered: a planter, a picker, and a crossbreeder. I just haven't figured out how to do that yet. I don't want to take the Forestry route of auto-harvesting each block when it finishes growing, because that seems a bit too automatic for balance. At least not with a single machine. Hmm. I'll have to give it some thought.

• I have a request that I fully expect the answer to be no to, but I can't help but ask. I use the technic pack to save time/effort, and their latest release is at 1.2.3, and I would love to use this addon with it. I know there isn't a 1.2.3 version for it, and that would be probably more work than its worth, but it would make me very happy if you did.

Ever since crops came out I was like, why isn't there a machine for this!? Not only did you do exactly that, but the seed library sounds bloody fantastic. If only if only.

• You've basically answered and explained the answer to your own question. Actually, if you look back, you'll see that I already skipped 1.2.3 once because it would have been a pain. It hasn't gotten easier since.

• Funny that you should ask that today. I was looking at Forge's update progress for 1.2.5 earlier and discovered that Forge is dropping support for MLMP in favor of a replacement called FML (No, really, that's the acronym. Forge ModLoader, or something like that.) that will be integrated into Forge. It looks like a really slick interface, but it's also significantly different from MLMP. So, if I may borrow the mantle of a diviner, I predict that the 1.2.5 version of IC2 (and a lot of other Forge/MLMP mods) will be delayed a bit as they figure out how to convert. That said, once the 1.2.5 IC2 is out, I'll definitely look into updating all of my addons to support multiplayer.

• Multiplayer just arrived. As far as Bukkit goes, I'm not sure what needs to be changed. If someone else wants to port it, go ahead, the code's part of the usual download. I haven't bothered to apply a specific license yet, but as long as you give me credit, I won't mind.

• Multiplayer just arrived. As far as Bukkit goes, I'm not sure what needs to be changed. If someone else wants to port it, go ahead, the code's part of the usual download. I haven't bothered to apply a specific license yet, but as long as you give me credit, I won't mind.

I've ported your very cool mod to bukkit... But normally work only Seed Analyzer... For working Seed Library need in source code provide player inventory through getPlayer() and IInventory through getInventory()... I tried to do that, but it did not work correct ;( Anybody can help me? I can give the source code of my port...

Mod fully Ported!

P.S. Sorry for bad English... I am from Ukraine :rolleyes: