[Suggestion] Weighted recycling for more Scrap from Valuables

• Official Post

how about recycling gold stuff gives a better chance to yield scrap.

This brought me again to this Idea. Why not recycling stuff that is more Valuable to more then one Scrap.

Now, examples:
    Wood, Stone and other regenerative stuff = 1/8 like normal
    (this stuff is not valuable and so it will never get counted in the following formula)

Flint, Gravel, Dirt, Marble, Basalt = 2/8
    Coal = 3/8
    Tin, Copper, Nikolite, Apatite = 4/8
    Iron, Bronze, Redstone = 6/8
    Glowstonedust, Depleted Uraniumcell = 8/8
    Gold, Silver, Lapis, Redpowergems = 16/8
    Diamond, Tungstendust (if it becomes maceratable) = 32/8
    Uranium, Tungstenore = 64/8

I really need Tabulator in the Forum!!!

Tools/Armors and other stuff =

Sum all the valuable Craftingingredients possibilities, from the cheapest recipe

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(How much is it damaged, in case of nonelectric Stuff) * (Amount of Stuff you get from that Recipe)

This way we can recycle the recycled golden Helmets (80/8 if undamaged) without problems.

For explanation 80/8 would mean that it tries 80 times to produce Scrap from this Material at a possibility of 1/8 like normal. So you would get 10 Scrap on average for a golden Helmet, so you can try again (Scrapbox costs only 9 Scrap yay).

Yes, there is some Redpowerstuff and also Apatite from Forestry but these are all at the Oredictionary. Everyone complaining about "it's not IC²" gets shot, simple as that. If someone has already posted this, sorry but i didn't found that thread.

• In fact, I originally thought it was this way when I first started playing way back in IC1. I now know it is not, but it makes sense. Grind up your valuables to get a higher chance of scrap. +1 from me!

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• i highly agree! then i'd probly actually start recycling more stuff i got laying around other then Sticks from my tree farm and excess cactus from my Cactus Harvester

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG