[Tutorial] Efficiency, advanced lagfree Mechanics and logisticspipesfree recursive Autocrafting, with IC², Redpower and Tubestuff (including Windmillengineering by SpwnX) - Incredibly outdated, GT offers automation now.

• I have a few questions, if you don't mind :
    1- Why don't you use sorting machines instead of filters and double chests in your factory (on the first post) ?
    2- I see you use jacketed wire a lot, does it reduce lag or is it just because you like it better than insulated wire ?
    3- I tried to design a compact and lag free factory (here) using the enderchest mod, RP2 and Wireless Redstone, any advices/improvements to make ? (the 5 filters are triggered by a 12-seconds timer, and I know I put a restriction tube while it was not necessary)

• Official Post

I have a few questions, if you don't mind :
    1- Why don't you use sorting machines instead of filters and double chests in your factory (on the first post) ?

Because it was easier to explain and doesnt need Blutricity. I personally use Filters only in earlygame (where that Factory is supposed to be used), and Sortingmachines only in Midgame. But in Endgame i finally have all the things, i need for my Autocraftingsystem, and then i dont even need Sortingmachines.

2- I see you use jacketed wire a lot, does it reduce lag or is it just because you like it better than insulated wire ?

Its much easier to use that, it also connects directly to Redstonetubes and it looks pretty cool when Ironjacketed, what are the Mainreasons, why i use them so much.

3- I tried to design a compact and lag free factory using the enderchest mod, RP2 and Wireless Redstone, any advices/improvements to make ? (the 5 filters are triggered by a 12-seconds timer, and I know I put a restriction tube while it was not necessary)

What does your small System do, when you have Overflow? (I guess that happens quite often) Does it flow back to the Enderchest? I would place one Relay ontop of every single Machine, to make a small Inputbuffer.

The Wireless Redstone is pretty expensive, but it makes indeed Factorys, a little bit more Lagfree and better Shutdownable.

Blue seems to be Default. I know its not necessary, but i have specially used Colorcodes for example White=Default/Unknown or Black=Destruction/Recycling, you should have such a System, to not get confused by all the Colorcodes.

Btw, how did you put an Ironcover between the Filter and the Enderchest? Or is that just the Filtertexture?

Otherwise your Factory seems to properly working lagfree, there are no real improvements to make, unless you want to make it much larger.

• Thanks for the answers !

What does your small System do, when you have Overflow? (I guess that happens quite often) Does it flow back to the Enderchest? I would place one Relay ontop of every single Machine, to make a small Inputbuffer.

When it overflows, material is stored into the internal buffer of the sorting machine, which fills quickly - I believe it's about 4 slots.
    Then, when this buffer is full, the last stack extracted from the enderchest is stuck into the filter, and nothing is pulled out until this internal buffer have a free slot.
    When there's an empty slot in the internal buffer again, the previously stuck stack is pulled into the sorting machine, and so forth.

I haven't had any issues with overflowing since it has been done, but Relays will be useful when a massive quantity of things will enter the Ender Chest via Ender Pouch.

Blue seems to be Default. I know its not necessary, but i have specially used Colorcodes for example White=Default/Unknown or Black=Destruction/Recycling, you should have such a System, to not get confused by all the Colorcodes.

When I made the color codes, I took what I already had in my chest : bone meal, roses, yellow flowers and indigo flowers.
    But yeah, I never thought of it and I'll think about it in the future. Thanks !

Btw, how did you put an Ironcover between the Filter and the Enderchest? Or is that just the Filtertexture?

This is the filter texture from the Wayukian Pack Mod Texture Support thread on Minecraft Forums.

• Just wondering, do MystCraft weather symbols affect the weather bonus for Wind Mills?

Oh and by the way, the RP2 Pump system for Geothermal Generators give you more juice for your lava, they produce 30 000 EU per lava unit, minus the 200 EU cost for pump, you receive 29 800 EU. All you need to do is to pop a piece of redstone into each IC2 Pump to kickstart the pump and ta-da!

• Official Post

Just wondering, do MystCraft weather symbols affect the weather bonus for Wind Mills?

Oh and by the way, the RP2 Pump system for Geothermal Generators give you more juice for your lava, they produce 30 000 EU per lava unit, minus the 200 EU cost for pump, you receive 29 800 EU. All you need to do is to pop a piece of redstone into each IC2 Pump to kickstart the pump and ta-da!

Uhhm Lava has only 20000EU. And you could also put a Lavacell into a Geothermal to kickstart the Pump.

Mystcraftweathersymbols do NOT affect Windmills or other weatherbased Stuff.

• Quoted from "Nukeworm"

Just wondering, do MystCraft weather symbols affect the weather bonus for Wind Mills?

Uhhm Lava has only 20000EU. And you could also put a Lavacell into a Geothermal to kickstart the Pump.

Not true according to the wiki, here: http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…itle=Geothermal_Generator

Tip

Using the Geothermal Generator with a connection to a Pump will provide an output of 30,000 EU instead of 20,000. For it to work properly, the Pump has to be above a lava source tile, and the Geothermal Generator needs to touching the Pump.
    Additionally, an Empty Cell needs to be placed into the top of the pump (for unknown reason), and the initial powering of the pump can be done by placing 1 Redstone in the bottom slot of the Pump. Note:: Though it gives an increased EU (30,000), there is still a 200 EU per operation cost for the pump. The Geothermal Generator will charge the adjacent pump, for a total output of 29,800 EU per lava source tile.

So it's actually like trading blutricity you produce for your Pump for EU.

Mystcraftweathersymbols do NOT affect Windmills or other weatherbased Stuff.

Aww... that's sad. I'll recalculate the math and format a new tower for a no weather age.

EDIT: The height that generates 5 EU/t is 223, so the topmost windmill should be at 222 right?

• Official Post

Not true according to the wiki, here: http://wiki.industrial-craft.n…itle=Geothermal_Generator

Wow, that must be new. Then my Geothermal Facility in the Nether, is more effective, than i thought.

Moment, what's this:

Tekkit Tips
    With the Tekkit mod pack 3.0.3, steam engines can burn lava buckets and transfer the power through an engine generator. The engine generators are expensive, and buckets of lava are complicated to deal with, but it would produce 50,000 EU per lava bucket as opposed to 20,000 EU.

WHAT THE HELL!?! Which DUMBFUCK did that edit!?! Cant he write "With Powerconverters" instead of "With Tekkit"!?! I will change that immidietly. Edit: I did it.

• To be off-topic, I searched that for you. Turned out that the, er... "DUMBFUCK" is

Now back to on-topic,
    Do you have any good tip of transferring EU between ages? I'm just a bit planning beforehand for a server, but I'm planning to make a wind farm in a separate age and I'm just wondering how could I transfer energy from the wind age to my main base age.

• Moment, what's this:

WHAT THE HELL!?! Which DUMBFUCK did that edit!?! Cant he write "With Powerconverters" instead of "With Tekkit"!?! I will change that immidietly. Edit: I did it.

Oh yeah I saw that, I didn't change it because I don't have a wiki account (I should probably get one) however a quick search of Tekkit reveals that geothermal generators were the only article affected

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Official Post

To be off-topic, I searched that for you. Turned out that the, er... "DUMBFUCK" is [...]

I know how to use that Function. And i searched it myself, but didnt want to tell that loudly.

Edit: I saw another stupid Tekkitinfo on the Wiki at the Rubberbootspage (by the same person). I fixed that too, because its enough to know, that its since IC² 1.71 for Minecraft 1.1.

Now back to on-topic,
    Do you have any good tip of transferring EU between ages? I'm just a bit planning beforehand for a server, but I'm planning to make a wind farm in a separate age and I'm just wondering how could I transfer energy from the wind age to my main base age.

Lapotrons + Mystcraftportals. Or better: Railcraft-MFSU-Carts, like Direwolf did with Chestcarts, in the Moddev-SMP-World.

Oh yeah I saw that, I didn't change it because I don't have a wiki account (I should probably get one) however a quick search of Tekkit reveals that geothermal generators were the only article affected

And i found the Rubberboots, with a quick Tekkitsearch. And the only thing, what could stop you from editing, is a ReCaptcha.

• Is it possible to get a better look/description of the unmanned watermill towers? From the looks of it, the tower itself ix a 3x3 set in a cross, but I'm unsure with the wiring it uses, if any. (can watermills pass energy through each other?) I'm trying to set up a 'Power Tower' of water mills all the way up to the near-base of my windmills, so as not to waste so much vertical space, especially since this space is all under my stupidly high crop platform.

• Lemme put up a picture and a situation, I'm not sure what you proposed is what I want.

That is a 33x33 square area to fill, that goes up to an altitude of 256 or so. Everything below 190 or so I want to fill with watergen towers, and above those the wind mill towers from SpwnX, though I'm probably going to extend the outer edges a bit so the outer tower's don't clip off. Is your design a horizontal one?

• Hello, Greg! This is the awesome tutorial!
    I just want to ask: why did you put three relays and filters for your furnaces and macerators in the second version of your factory design? I mean, can't one filter + relay setup provide all the items for all three macerators or furnaces?

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.

• Official Post

Hello, Greg! This is the awesome tutorial!
    I just want to ask: why did you put three relays and filters for your furnaces and macerators in the second version of your factory design? I mean, can't one filter + relay setup provide all the items for all three macerators or furnaces?

Because a Filter is only enough for 9 Diffrent Items, so i have to use at least 3 for all Macerationrecipes. Also it prevents that Coal is stuffing all Filters at once.

That Design is only for Tier-1 of the Redpowertechnology. I would switch as soon as possible to Tier-2 (Sortingmachines), but for that you need, guess what, many Tier-1-Machines (Relays, Filters), which are part of this very simple and easy to comprehend Setup, so you can reuse these Machines, as soon as you get better and more complex Machines (My fullautomatic recursive Craftingsystem for example).

Yes, i did not make a Tutorialpart for the use of Tier-2-Machinery (Sortingmachines) from Redpower, because i went straight to Tier-3 (Autocrafting).

• Oh, Okay, thank you for the explanation. And... Filter-based sorting setup is nice I would say. I think, Filter is a very nice and useful device.
    I don't have any tubestuff stuff (Yay!) for now, so no autocrafting... for now ^_^'

Cutiemark crusaders - engineers, Yay!
    Blown up: Industrial Blast Furnace, Industrial Wiremill, Singularity compressor, Extractor.