Question: Managing Geothermal Generators

• You know, i could of sworn i saw something in someone's LP sometime, but for the life of me, cannot remember how to do it. I need my geo gens to shutoff when they don't need to be used. Drives me nuts because they basically pulse on and off constantly unless i cut the power cable. I know there is someway to make them shut off until the mfsu is half full or something. Makes sense right? I thought about using a gate, but that won't work, and can't figure out if RP has the tool i'm looking for. Anyway, i use most of the industrial mods, BC, ic, rp, ee, ect. Thanks for any help. I think i explained it clear enough if not let me know and i'll try to rephrase it.

• Official Post

You need two Storageblocks (Batbox, MFE, MFSU) and an RS-Latch (Redpower is not needed for it, but recommended).

Place them like this both facing right

Geothermal Input -> :Cable: :Glass Fibre: :Cable: :Batbox: :Cable: :Batbox: :Cable: -> Output

Switch the Redstonebehaviour of the left to "Emit if full" and for the one on the right to "Emit if empty".

Now connect the left one, with Redstone ( :Copper Dust: ), to the EU-Switch-Cable on the left ( :Glass Fibre: ).

Place Redstone next to the right Batbox

Place your RS-Latch ( :Advanced Machine: ) between them so that it's accepting the inputs of the EU-Storageblocks.

:Cable: :Glass Fibre: :Cable: :Batbox: :Cable: :Batbox: :Cable:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Dust: :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Dust: :Advanced Machine: :Copper Dust:
    :Intergrated Plating: :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust: :Copper Dust:

I will add this technique to my Tutorial.

• I tried using that setup (2 storage blocks + rs latch) but ran into a problem where one of the MFEs was sitting on like 10eu, wasn't neither outputting them nor activating the redstone signal, and the whole system got stuck. I think i solved it by sticking a transformer on the output side, so that only full-sized packets were sent.

• Official Post

I tried using that setup (2 storage blocks + rs latch) but ran into a problem where one of the MFEs was sitting on like 10eu, wasn't neither outputting them nor activating the redstone signal, and the whole system got stuck. I think i solved it by sticking a transformer on the output side, so that only full-sized packets were sent.

Fixed in newer versions of IC².