[Suggestion]: New technological tier between vainilla minecraft tech tree and IC electrical tech tree.

• I am haveing some trouble following what you are saying but i will try my best

FenixR proposed having tools that ran off bio/coal fuelcells in order to make those you need a compressor and an extractor to make the fuelcell. basically what you would use a lower tier machine for is exactly the same as what you would use a higher tier machine for.

not all maps have convenient rubber and redstone (and if you play superflat then there is no rubber or redstone at all)

a low tier mining drill that makes dust while its high tech replacement can't makes NO SENSE! but since we thankfully just established uses for compressors and extractors a macerator would fit right in and the low tier mining drill can stick to breaking blocks now all we need is a low tier canning machine(call it the bottling machine perhaps?).

also if you look at my idea a low tier coal fired macerator could be made with just cobble, flint, and iron. perfect for throwing together in the middle of a mining run.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

A simple way to get Dust would be crafting a Pickaxe (Or better, a new Tool) together with an Oreblock to get 1 Dust, the Tool will be used up like the Handsaw of Redpower. This method is wasting Tin and Copper (because of only 1 Dust), but theres too much of it, so who cares.

With this Method, you can craft dusts only out of Ores, not out of Coal.

Then we have a way of creating Bronze before using up our unmacerated Iron.

• there is more to the proposed tier than making bronze. for example with cheaper but less efficient machines one could live a very nomadic lifestyle or have access to industrial craft comforts in environments that are starved for rubber and redstone.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Would be perfectly fine I think for a Jackhammer that turns the ores it breaks into dust (other than coal), but only grants a single dust. That way, using a Macerator is still required for peak efficiency, but dusts would still be obtainable early on for making Bronze.

• again there is more to this than dust

• Thanks, passinglurker. Now I think I understood you right. You want fuel cell powered machines. It is not bad. But if they would work slower, it would be pain to keep your machines charged. If you want full line of compressor/extractor/macerator/bottler, what are you want from each?

Macerator ( Mill ? )- ore and coal to dust?
    Compressor ( Press ? ) - compress plant clump and coal clump?
    Extractor - ( Distiller ??? ) coal and bio cells to fuel cells?
    Canning ( Bottler ) - coal and bio fuel cells to fill cans?
    All machines powered by fuel or can. Easily detached by any tool ( by hands or pickaxe ).
    Current iron furnace stands good at this line.

Is it what you want?

I can understand tool like jackhammer charged by fuel cell ( plus water cell may be ) , but it will eat tin as well as coal. Should it work on clumps instead?

• what I personally want is what I posted in the macgyver'ed machines thread. here I'm just defending the idea of a tier that would basically be on par with the iron furnace

• Pre-macerator: Grinder. Chance to lose the ore being ground.
    Pre-Compressor: Bench Press . Can only compress simple things, no diamonds or alloy here.
    Pre-Extractor: Also Bench Press. Can only do bio/coalfuel and rubber.
    Pre-Canning: Hand Canner. This would be useable even in later tiers, but at reduced efficiency. Does not cost energy, but you get less filled cans than you would if you use the Canner (your terrible motor skills causes you to spill the food you are canning).
    Iron furnace is dandy, and would likely be the only thing made with a lot of iron. This way you could save up for the high-tech tier and still have benefits. You'd likely be able to make all of this stuff with either surface materials or a light mining trip. Some people like to enjoy the benefits of Ic2 without the pressure of having to go and do stuff in order to make cool stuff. I could definitely see room for extending early game by adding these machines.

• Pestle & Mortar: right-click while in hands multiple times to turn first ore on belt to dust
    :Copper Ingot: __ :Copper Ingot:
    :Copper Ingot: __ :Copper Ingot: - Bronze ingots
    :Copper Ingot::Copper Ingot::Copper Ingot:
    Press: place down, fill inventory an jump on it to turn items "pressed" or "extracted.
    :Rubber::Rubber::Rubber:
    :Rubber: __ :Rubber:
    :Rubber::Rubber::Rubber:

;) :P