[suggestion] solar furnace, and mirrors

• Im just saying that everything a mod does is basefile modification through Forge, so your argument for rejecting mirrors was weak and lame, like the mirror idea itself.

Also futuristic Laser Tech could heavily use mirror so they can be made industrial enough.

It's impossible indeed.

Wrong... Kinda.

The mirror itself can become a light source when it has direct view from the sky (Using the same clearviewtothesky watchamacallit that solar panel uses), but making that light to have the property of sunlight its something that i dont think its possible (Yet)

• It's impossible indeed.

and what emitting normal light about making solars and crops think they see the sky when there is a mirror chain above them(assuming some part of the chain sees the sky) unlike zombies ic2 can edit solars and crops to recognize mirrors.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Official Post

Im just saying that everything a mod does is basefile modification through Forge, so your argument for rejecting mirrors was weak and lame, like the mirror idea itself.

Also futuristic Laser Tech could heavily use mirror so they can be made industrial enough.

Did you heared of the LaserMod?

Alblaka stated that he will not copy other Mods entirely.

• Ejem*Ask for forge hooks since forge its basically basefile modification in a general manner so modder dont have to do those modifications themselves and have good compatibility between mods*Ejem[/align]

i think his space bar broke so i'll fix it for him :D

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Did you heared of the LaserMod?

Alblaka stated that he will not copy other Mods entirely.

I never said copy Nor laser mod, didnt i said already that the mirror idea was lame?

I was countering your argument that mirrors arent "Industrial" enough.

• so now that we found something that is possible the question is is it a good idea?
    so far i got
    For:1(me)
    Against:1(FenixR(thinks its weak and lame))

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• its ultimately up to the devs but the way i worked out how long a job would take to process is to take the number of solar panels needed to run an electro furnace smoothly(about 3) and from there work out how long it would take if there was only one panel to get the bronze furnace and 2 panels to get the silver furnace

but the idea is still sunk as it is currently proposed cause you need a macerator to make mirrors which means its more like a day 10 item than a day 1 item

• its ultimately up to the devs but the way i worked out how long a job would take to process is to take the number of solar panels needed to run an electro furnace smoothly(about 3) and from there work out how long it would take if there was only one panel to get the bronze furnace and 2 panels to get the silver furnace

but the idea is still sunk as it is currently proposed cause you need a macerator to make mirrors which means its more like a day 10 item than a day 1 item

first off: ..... there are day 1 items? you mean like a torch and a wooden pick? cause i'm usually at iron picks by the time the first night falls and am already chasing after some diamonds in an underground base untill i get iron armor, diamond pick and sword, and then i go back to the surface and emerge like a butterfly. usually i get a macerater and most of the other machines, sometimes even an induction furnace by night 2. if i find lava the i go geothermal power, if i don't then i usually go 60% solar 40% wind.

now back to the OP: i don;t see mirrors being worth the effort to code with IC2 honostly, the only thing they could really be used for is making a complex reflection array to spread "sunlight" underground to an underground solar farm. unless Alblaka wanted to make it so that "mirrors" were the Solar Panel's upgrade attachment, but then it would be an entirely different concept which in my opinion makes more sence. then you could have 511 morrors drawing and focusing solar energy onto the 1 solar panel. basically torching the hell out of it. also why would we ever have 2 MORE furnaces... for the love of god we already have 4 types of furnace, we really don't need more. cause then it would be like going to a department store looking at 10-20 different washing machines, they all do the same crap but this one looks alittle different. so all in all:....

:Nano-Helmet:
    :thumbdown:
    :Nano-Bodyarmor:
    :Nano-Leggings:
    :Rubber Boots:

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG