pumps and buckets

• hi,

im not sure with that, but do pumps interact with buckets or cells only?
    I remember from an older version, where you could put buckets into a pump and it worked.

I would to suggest it again, if its not implemented anymore :) It could save alot of tin ,)

• Not really. I want to build a geothermal farm in the nether without bc, so I thought about RP rubes + buckets filled by IC Pumps.

So is it a bug or not wanted?

• Not really. I want to build a geothermal farm in the nether without bc, so I thought about RP rubes + buckets filled by IC Pumps.

So is it a bug or not wanted?

Not sure on redpower tubes, but you could use buildcraft pipes and pump the lava directly into the goes.

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• can't you put a IC2 Pump over alot of lava with 4 geothermals connected to it and have the Pump pump lava into the Geothermal reactors like how they put water into compressers? i haven;t tested this because i just go to the Nether and use a BC pump over a 64 by 64 area of lava and pump it into 16 geothermals, usually makes me a couple stacks of matter over a week, it's a good way to get alittle matter near the start but it still takes a really long time, especially if your on single player.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

can't you put a IC2 Pump over alot of lava with 4 geothermals connected to it and have the Pump pump lava into the Geothermal reactors like how they put water into compressers? i haven;t tested this because i just go to the Nether and use a BC pump over a 64 by 64 area of lava and pump it into 16 geothermals, usually makes me a couple stacks of matter over a week, it's a good way to get alittle matter near the start but it still takes a really long time, especially if your on single player.

I think they've implemented that only for Compressors but for Geothermals it would be helpfull, so i could finally throw the useless BC completely away (but i still need it for SMP so i can't).

Geogens? Setup takes a long time? Nope, that goes really fast without Ore-Generation-Manipulating Mods.

• So it seems if Pump got water but do not have bucket/cell it search for nearby compressor. If it got lava but cannot store it Pump search for nearby Geothermal. It looks good in pair with Miner too.

• Was that a Fact or a Codesuggestion?

i think that was a fact but not sure if a few words were left out, if 1 or 2 words was left out then it was a code suggestion. but i think it's a fact.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Last time, I tried, Pump, paired with Miner works good with brackets and cells. But I never tried Pump with Compressor. Wiki says about separate Pump with Compressor, so I do not know, will Compressor work with Miner/Pump pair.
    It seems it is a Suggestion.

• Last time, I tried, Pump, paired with Miner works good with brackets and cells. But I never tried Pump with Compressor. Wiki says about separate Pump with Compressor, so I do not know, will Compressor work with Miner/Pump pair.
    It seems it is a Suggestion.

... we know that you can place a pump directly against a compressor and it will pump water into a compressor. what we are wandering is if a Pump while directly pump lava into a geothermal generator...

• Sorry, I never tried. Test it yourself.
    Unlike water Lava is limited and alone IC2 Pump capable to get only 1 bucket under itself.
    Doubt it will work with Geothermal now, but good if it will be added.

• basically just hope "you" land the pump on some REALLY deep lava :D lol