Teleportation mods?

• Hey everybody,

I'm nearly set to begin work on my new LP featuring a whack ton of mods I like, but I lack one in particular, one that fills the need to span a good distance, so essentially teleportation.

I'm already well aware of the IC2 Teleporter, but I would prefer to be able to afford the ability to teleport by around "early to mid-game."

Any recommendations?

• just set off a shitton of tnt and then at the right time when walking backwards so you dont get yourslef hurt by the explosion throw the enderpearl above the tnt and twhen it explodes it shots the enderpearl extremely far annd then you get teleported a very long distance k much bigger distance then any other method of enderpearl trasnportation and cheaper than most teleportation mods

so :Nuke TNT: + ENDERPEARL = teleporter at a low cost :thumbup:

• 1. Place down a pressure plate and 4 TNT around it
    2. Jump on the pressure plate and step back a significant distance
    3. Count to 7 times the TNT blinks white
    4. Throw the ender pearl
    5. The TNT propels the ender pearl, making you teleport 100+ meters if you timed it right

• I would suggest testing this with a full suit of armor, and probably on a test world. :P

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• I would suggest testing this with a full suit of armor, and probably on a test world. :P

Well seeing how testing is mainly done on test worlds i would have to agree with you.

Alblaka says:

"People using their intellect in attempts to discuss other people into the ground could be considered less intellectual then people using their intellect for something beneficial :3"

• What part of "step back" you didn't understand?

You never know when something may go horribly wrong ;)

I5 2500K | 4GB Cosair Vengence | Radeon 6850 | Rosewill 600w PSU | GigaByte Z68MA | CM Elite 311 | Dell 19" 720p (upgrading soon!)| Hitachi 500 GB 7200 HDD | LG 24X |Windows 7 (Genuine!)
    Alblaka in a Lightning Rod suggestion thread...[/size]

• ^ not teleportation. This is trolling and not helpful at all.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• ^ not teleportation. This is trolling and not helpful at all.

Technically speaking, it sort of is. But, I was looking for something that didn't have the potential to slaughter me if I was caught in the explosion. Though I may test the ender pearl idea in my flat world.

But seriously, I have one mod that sort of fills this gap (TF2 Teleporters), but I would like to know if there is a Forge-based teleportation mod.

• Yes... I am aware that throwing ender pearls is teleportation, but it's really just a novelty version of.

...it's really not versatile enough or predictable\controllable enough to really be considered a viable 'all-around' option.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

• http://www.minecraftforum.net/…faith-plates-and-pellets/
    Portal Gun mod. Relatively easy to use, and it gives you a crapton of other things to play with as well. And if you'll check out some of direwolf20's earlier videos in season 3 of his LP, you can see a rather good portal system that he starts to set up.
    It may not be early-mid game, but direwolf20 managed to get it by the 5th episode of his LP, I think.

Barring that, I'd go for the TF2 Teleporters as suggested earlier.

• http://www.minecraftforum.net/…faith-plates-and-pellets/
    Portal Gun mod. Relatively easy to use, and it gives you a crapton of other things to play with as well. And if you'll check out some of direwolf20's earlier videos in season 3 of his LP, you can see a rather good portal system that he starts to set up.
    It may not be early-mid game, but direwolf20 managed to get it by the 5th episode of his LP, I think.

Barring that, I'd go for the TF2 Teleporters as suggested earlier.

Thanks. But, I think I've got a few ideas ranging from the portal system in Thaumcraft, the TF2 Teleporters and (maybe) the Portal Gun mod. I'll definitely have to check my block ID's. Thanks guys.

• Thanks. But, I think I've got a few ideas ranging from the portal system in Thaumcraft, the TF2 Teleporters and (maybe) the Portal Gun mod. I'll definitely have to check my block ID's. Thanks guys.

You are most welcome, sir! And if you do end up using Portal Gun, I recommend getting Wireless Redstone as well. A Receiver under a Portal Spawner with the Remote addon for WR really works wonders if you're lost and away from home. If you're lost and at home, how the hell did you get lost!?

Anyway, you are most welcome, sir. If you require any help with Portal Gun, just ask, and I will be available. -bows and walks backwards-

• You are most welcome, sir! And if you do end up using Portal Gun, I recommend getting Wireless Redstone as well. A Receiver under a Portal Spawner with the Remote addon for WR really works wonders if you're lost and away from home. If you're lost and at home, how the hell did you get lost!?

Anyway, you are most welcome, sir. If you require any help with Portal Gun, just ask, and I will be available. -bows and walks backwards-

yeah, I hardly use the portal stuff but I keep it around for just that. keep a wireless remote around to pulse the portal spawner at base if I ever get lost.
    Also have a second one at the portal to The End for ease of travel. It's far enough away that i'm almost certain a IC2 teleporter wouldn't work.

• You are most welcome, sir! And if you do end up using Portal Gun, I recommend getting Wireless Redstone as well. A Receiver under a Portal Spawner with the Remote addon for WR really works wonders if you're lost and away from home. If you're lost and at home, how the hell did you get lost!?

I have used Portal Gun + Wireless Redstone in the past and the combo works wonders. I would use it again, but I'm waiting on Chickenbones' WR mod and RP at the moment, I am interested in seeing how Portal Gun works with WRCBE. (What annoys me a bit is that you are limited to the 3 guns (I think it's three, I haven't check the thread in sometime))

Oh, and to be completely honest, I did get lost once in my base (too many hidden passages :whistling: ).

• I have used Portal Gun + Wireless Redstone in the past and the combo works wonders. I would use it again, but I'm waiting on Chickenbones' WR mod and RP at the moment, I am interested in seeing how Portal Gun works with WRCBE. (What annoys me a bit is that you are limited to the 3 guns (I think it's three, I haven't check the thread in sometime))

Oh, and to be completely honest, I did get lost once in my base (too many hidden passages :whistling: ).

Heh, sounds like you have some actual design skill then, not my habit of building boxes, be them above ground or below ground.
    aka: the initial building (usually 11x11) gets built out of wood and from there I go underground, building large boxes to suit. Once in a while i'll upgrade the shack to concrete so a random creeper doesn't cause havock.