[Suggestion] Reactor chamber on/off textures + Siren

• Every player of this mod knows that the nuclear reactor has two state that chenge his esternal texture.
    When the reactor is on, he have this texture: :Reactor: , and when is off, is the same without the green glowing uranium at the windows...
    This make us know if the reactor is active simply watching at it...

BUT

If we want to make a complete reactor, we must attach to him 6 reactor chamber.
    So the visual effect of the reactor is no longer visible, forcing us to listen if there are radioactivity noises to understand if the reactor is actually active...

SO

Why we don't retexture a little the reactor chamber to make it glowing like the main nuclear reactor? Maybe making the black part of the radioactivity symbol on the chamber change his state like the windows of the main reactor do, or making only a little porthole instead of the dot of the symbol on the face opposite of the nuclear reactor.
    Something not too invasive, but that let us know if is on or off simply watching at it even if we can't see the main reactor directly...
    I don't know how it works... but i don't think it's hard to code (i hope so anyway :D )...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    New Suggestion: Siren
    Powered by redstone signal will flash on and off continusly and emit a loud clarily identificable far audible sound... a MUSTHAVE in all automatic fabrick, something like this:

it can be positioned everywhere like a torch and also upside down, to easlily know if a mechanism is malfunctioning, or is simply off for some reason, will exclude the stupid bell of musicbox and RP2 timer, adding a real industrial sound... this also include reactor by the way ^^ maybe attached to the thermometer will work!

• could do all that or add a green sparkly dust particle effect coming off the top of each block. like the Macerator dose but green particles. this way you could tell even though a heavily reinforced glass window from a "safe distance" or maybe even both or these ideas?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Maybe the green sparkling dust is a bit too much... it can be confused with the black dust of the overheating of the reactor... (my opinion, by the way :P )

• i am with the small window suggestion, not to intensive on CPU.

(to ceep in mind the other players with poor pc's)

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• i am with the small window suggestion, not to intensive on CPU.

(to ceep in mind the other players with poor pc's)

so small windows on all of the outer faces? maybe they could also emit light=15 when online?

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• I say that the green(or yellow or whatever... I'm colorblind) parts of the nuclear symbol are the windows. Black when inactive and the same texture as the main reactor windows when active.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• i was thinking a "Geothermal Generator" window on each that is normally black but glows green when it's running.

• hell yes we need this!
    at the moment i use an Redstonetorch to indicate if the reactor is active or not (as i'm a big fan of vanilla redstone clocks and high mark reactors)

List of People I know who didn't blew up a machine from Advanced Machines addon by wiring them to MV: { }

Yay math exam is soon... lots of fun... "you love taylor approximation with parameters" *beat head with stick*

• hell yes we need this!
    at the moment i use an Redstonetorch to indicate if the reactor is active or not (as i'm a big fan of vanilla redstone clocks and high mark reactors)

welcome to the forums, i generally stick to Vanilla Redstone as well but sometimes, especially on SMP, it starts to cause issues with alot of redstone use. i agree though, we do need this and it would be nice to have this and the Thermometer/Control Block added. also that reminds me. Alblaka, if you read this, could you make the Nuclear Control block make an Emergency Evacuation siren when it reaches 85%+?

• welcome to the forums, i generally stick to Vanilla Redstone as well but sometimes, especially on SMP, it starts to cause issues with alot of redstone use. i agree though, we do need this and it would be nice to have this and the Thermometer/Control Block added. also that reminds me. Alblaka, if you read this, could you make the Nuclear Control block make an Emergency Evacuation siren when it reaches 85%+?

Nice Idea :thumbup:

On a related note maybe there should be reactor redstone emmiter settings. Such as "Emit Redstone when heat reaches (blank)"

Then again that would interfere with the disabling method for reactors.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• actually i want to open a suggestion topic about something like a siren... something that when powered by redstone signal will flash on and off continusly and emit a loud clarily identificable far audible sound... a MUSTHAVE in all automatic fabrick, something like this:

it can be positioned everywhere like a torch and also upside down, to easlily know if a mechanism is malfunctioning, or is simply off for some reason, will exclude the stupid bell of musicbox and RP2 timer, adding a real industrial sound... this also include reactor by the way ^^ maybe attached to the termometer will work!

But, for reactor, i personally prefere red lamp from RP2 (red luminator stay active a while after turn energy off :S ) all around my underground corridors at mid height near the reactor to signal if something is wrong... it make this seriosly hi-teck situation atmoshere around the reactor ^^ i don't know if explained that correctly :D

• wel keymaster, that was explained rather wel.

what i currently use in my ice CASUC is similar.

everything is hooked to redpower timers - switches - lashes - lights. hell i even got myself an quadriple red light to act as an siren :P it rules.
    when something malf's system turns off and siren gets activated.

system can be reset by just hitting an small hidden buton :P located somewhere at bedrock mine's

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• how about this, add those Lights,

Black=OFF
    Green=ON
    Red=on and above 85%+ and a Evacuation siren starts going off that can be heard from roughly 40-64 blocks away to basically tell you there is a nuclear reactor in the area. start running like hell in the other direction!)

• how about this, add those Lights,

Black=OFF
    Green=ON
    Red=on and above 85%+ and a Evacuation siren starts going off that can be heard from roughly 40-64 blocks away to basically tell you there is a nuclear reactor in the area. start running like hell in the other direction!)

U really want that siren, don't u? :D u posted that idea in all nuclear threads that u find 8o

i simply want to see if the reactor is on... if u apply the siren, u must modificate also the main reactor... and u can't use the siren for other purpouses.

P.s. modified first topic so we can discuss for it in a fix place :)

• U really want that siren, don't u? :D u posted that idea in all nuclear threads that u find 8o

i simply want to see if the reactor is on... if u apply the siren, u must modificate also the main reactor... and u can't use the siren for other purpouses.

P.s. modified first topic so we can discuss for it in a fix place :)

mjing wanted it too :p and i find it would be nice trying to maintain a breeder reactor, cause if it get to 85% and starts making lava then it's going to heat up REALLY fast in which case we'll need to either turn if off and start dosing it with ice and water, or run like hell and hope we live. lol and you could use this to see if the reactor is on if it's a light+siren :D and you wouldn;t have to alter the main reactor at all. alblaka is adding a Nuclear Reactor Control block at some point and this Light+siren could go ontop of that, or you could just slap it to the side of the reactor like a refridgerator magnet and it would detect heat from the reactor and scream like a banshee if it gets to hot :p

• mjing wanted it too :p and i find it would be nice trying to maintain a breeder reactor, cause if it get to 85% and starts making lava then it's going to heat up REALLY fast in which case we'll need to either turn if off and start dosing it with ice and water, or run like hell and hope we live. lol and you could use this to see if the reactor is on if it's a light+siren :D and you wouldn;t have to alter the main reactor at all. alblaka is adding a Nuclear Reactor Control block at some point and this Light+siren could go ontop of that, or you could just slap it to the side of the reactor like a refridgerator magnet and it would detect heat from the reactor and scream like a banshee if it gets to hot :p

I like both the solutions ^^

• Please, no sirens. How about a redstone output that you just extend for 40 blocks or so to a noteblock instead or something.

• Please, no sirens. How about a redstone output that you just extend for 40 blocks or so to a noteblock instead or something.

The siren is thinked exactly to avoid that stupid sound of the music block and to make it clarily identificable... if u don't like it, simply don't craft one...

• i think that there should be an monitor block that can be charged via battery or cable that you place directly next to a reactor. then you right click the monitor block and open up the monitor GUI, where you can put in a battery and set the temperature at which the monitor lock emits EU. say you charge the monitor and set the temperature to 85%, then when the reactor temperature reaches 85% the monitor emits the energy stored at a rate of 5 EU/t. (or more if you want, you might be able to change the EU output rate in the GUI) there could also be an alarm block that when powered makes an alarm sound. and there could also be an emergency light that flashes red when powered. this way, you can attach a monitor block to a reactor and when the reactor gets very hot, would power an alarm system so people can shut down/feed the reactor ice or water in time thus preventing big explosions. but the general idea of an alarm sounds great. 8)

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!