Suggestion: Increase Coal from UUM.

• Should 3 Matter make more Coal. 16

1. yes, it should make 12. (4) 25%
    2. yes, it should make 8. (11) 69%
    3. yes, it should make 6. (1) 6%
    4. no, 2 coal if fine. (0) 0%

i would like to see a revlatively significant increase in the amount of Coal recieved from UU-Matter. currently the ratio is 3 UU-Matter to 2 coal. i feel this is horribly underbalanced cause you can make 8 logs from 1 coal, causing 3 UUM to make 24 charcoal. also 1 diamond = 9 UUM, yet if you made a diamond from coal that you made from matter then it would cost you 96 UUM. also Coal is far more abundant then any other mineral in Minecraft, except for MAYBE redstone dusts. but individual blocks coal is far more abundant. and even redstone is like 32 for 4 matter. i feel a much more balanced ratio for coal from UUM would be 8 Coal per 3 matter. this, even if dusted in a macerator it would make only 1 Carbon Plate. which is a tiny bit cheaper then it would be to comprise an Advance Alloy from matter.

Edit: had a second idea, how about being about to compress 4 Charcoal to make 1 coal? that could be another way to go about it. since 3 matter = 24 wood/charcoal, then 3 matter would make 6 Coal with a little bit of effort and extra EUs.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• Official Post

I agree with the 8 Coal per 3 UUM but the 4 Charcoal to 1 Coal is causing things to go to easy (look at the Charcoaldustmod for example). I mean it would make Coal regenerative (except for UUM) and that would ruin our Industrialage Natureconsuming existence. We are not going green, thats what ForestryMod is made for.

• I agree with the 8 Coal per 3 UUM but the 4 Charcoal to 1 Coal is causing things to go to easy (look at the Charcoaldustmod for example). I mean it would make Coal regenerative (except for UUM) and that would ruin our Industrialage Natureconsuming existence. We are not going green, thats what ForestryMod is made for.

true i suppose, the whole point of industrial was to consume minerals and create innovation for the betterment of man kind, not so much preservation of the enviroment. maybe at some later time, the charcoal to coal thing would be added but not logically with the current machines we are using. i'll stick with the 8 Coal from 3 matter suggestion :)

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• It appears I cannot answer with '4' in the poll.

Sad.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• you also have to think as to how easy it is to mine all the materials that you could make with matter, when mining coal is the most common by almost double of everything else. 5 matter makes 2 iron or gold, and i believe 3 matter make 2 copper or tin. so when macerated you get 4 ingots of gold and iron for 5 matter or 4 tin/copper for only 3 matter. then since coal is almost twice as common then 3 matter should make atleast 5 (in accordance with iron and gold ingots) or 8 (in accordance with tin/copper) and that is condisering it the exact same rarity as the other mineralls, so since it's almost twice as common then it's more realistically 10-12 coal per 3 matter. however since some people would argue that 12 coal is way to excessive i dropped it to 60% of it's value, resulting in 8 from 3 matter.

• Official Post

you also have to think as to how easy it is to mine all the materials that you could make with matter, when mining coal is the most common by almost double of everything else. 5 matter makes 2 iron or gold, and i believe 3 matter make 2 copper or tin. so when macerated you get 4 ingots of gold and iron for 5 matter or 4 tin/copper for only 3 matter. then since coal is almost twice as common then 3 matter should make atleast 5 (in accordance with iron and gold ingots) or 8 (in accordance with tin/copper) and that is condisering it the exact same rarity as the other mineralls, so since it's almost twice as common then it's more realistically 10-12 coal per 3 matter. however since some people would argue that 12 coal is way to excessive i dropped it to 60% of it's value, resulting in 8 from 3 matter.

Must ... resist ... math and facts ... impossible:
    3 UUM -> 5 Tinore or 5 Copperore
    8 is 66.66666...% of 12

• Must ... resist ... math and facts ... impossible:
    3 UUM -> 5 Tinore or 5 Copperore
    8 is 66.66666...% of 12

lol, i was just throwing rough estimates out there and i couldn;t check the exact UUM to Tin/copper conversion since i'm at work. lol, but that further validates my point. thank you GergoriousT for informing us that 3 UUM = 5 Tin/copper Ore instead of a mere 2 ores. also some people are afraid of 66.6666...% lol, so i just stuck with 60% it was close enough when rounded since you can't have exactly 7.9999999 coal :)

• 66.66 ...% = 100x2
    __________-------- %
    ____________3

just don't do the division.

lol, 66.66%=100x2? that math sounds wrong to me :)

wait is this a "Find X" or Fill in the blank question or is it like a "if you have 1 bucket that hold 20%, one that holds 50% and one that holds 40%.... how many buckets do you have?"

nevermind! back to the OP :D

Edit: even if he was saying (100*3)/2=66.66, that would not be solving "what % of 8 is 12." that would have looked like (8/12)*100=66.66%

• Official Post

66.66...% = (100% * 2) / 3
    Thats what he said but he placed the second % wrong.

Thanks, i don't like writing math stuff in windows. It makes me miss some stuff.

And i think that coal has only added to UUM recipes for the extremely lazy players since it is very easy to find (as mentioned before).

• Thanks, i don't like writing math stuff in windows. It makes me miss some stuff.

And i think that coal has only added to UUM recipes for the extremely lazy players since it is very easy to find (as mentioned before).

even if you was saying (100*3)/2=66.66, that would not be solving "what % of 8 is 12." that would have looked like (8/12)*100=66.66%

• I'm pretty sure the only use for UUM coal is to make Carbon plates, nothing else. So don't compare it with charcoal/diamond.
    I agree with little increase to 4 or 6

perhaps it is only used for carbon plates... an coal fuel cells... and super fuel.. and solar panels, and emergency torches if you happen to have some UUM on you. and i said diamonds because i know ALOT of people use coal for diamonds instead of going down deep an mining for them since they have Magmaphobia ^^

also i don't know about you but i use ALOT of carbon plates making advanced machines, especially MFSs and MassFabs and nano-armor for people who died for really stupid reasons.

• Official Post

perhaps it is only used for carbon plates... an coal fuel cells... and super fuel.. and solar panels, and emergency torches if you happen to have some UUM on you. and i said diamonds because i know ALOT of people use coal for diamonds instead of going down deep an mining for them since they have Magmaphobia ^^

also i don't know about you but i use ALOT of carbon plates making advanced machines, especially MFSs and MassFabs and nano-armor for people who died for really stupid reasons.

Well, you probably wont make coal fuel with uum, it is pointless.
    Emergency torches? you could make sticky resin with it and make muuuuch more torches with it. [4 UUM for 21 resins = 84 torches]
    Diamonds? you can use uum recipe for it.
    Coal dust for solar panels are fine (although i think its coal dust in recipe is kinda wrong, it needs more refining)

About magmaphobia, it is very easy to know if there is lava near you.
    You can hear lava making some sounds if you are about 20 blocks near it.
    And i think just a few players dig straight down (that is the main cause to lava death)

• only time i make UUM into coal for fuel is in Outposts where i only have a generator and not something like a single chamber nuclear reactor to toss in 1 uranium cell.
    interesting, didn;t know you could make torches with resin, thanks for the info.
    diamonds: i know but sometime you only neext like 1-3 coald to finish a diamond being made from coal and i figured it'd be cheaper.
    i agree, or make solar panels better when using Coal Clumps instead of coal dust. but i know solar panels are being reworked for lag reasons.
    i don't recal ever hearing lava, i've heard water plenty of times but i don;t think i've ever heard lava. but now i also play with my sound completely off because of IC2 machines being annoying and causing lag in large nubers. specially recyclers and windturbines.

• Official Post

only time i make UUM into coal for fuel is in Outposts where i only have a generator and not something like a single chamber nuclear reactor to toss in 1 uranium cell.
    interesting, didn;t know you could make torches with resin, thanks for the info.
    diamonds: i know but sometime you only neext like 1-3 coald to finish a diamond being made from coal and i figured it'd be cheaper.
    i agree, or make solar panels better when using Coal Clumps instead of coal dust. but i know solar panels are being reworked for lag reasons.
    i don't recal ever hearing lava, i've heard water plenty of times but i don;t think i've ever heard lava. but now i also play with my sound completely off because of IC2 machines being annoying and causing lag in large nubers. specially recyclers and windturbines.

I guess you can carry at least a MFE with you and some Energy crystals if you have UUM to waste with coal.
    And, i would make wood with UUM, transform into planks, then scaffolds for maximum energy.
    2 UUM -> 8 Wood -> 32 planks -> 96 scaffolds = 72000 EU if burned inside generator (+ 3 planks and 2 sticks)
    Wooden plank and Scaffold gives 750 EU [This is a good early-game way to boost energy you get from wood]

I would look for coal in my mine if i were like that

IC² sounds can be turned off by config, OR
    delete specific sounds inside ic²client.jar

• true i suppose, oh also i forgot the most important use of coal.. Construction Foam. you wouldn;t believe how often and how much of that stuff i use. :p

• Official Post

Carbonplates
    Constructionfoam

I can consider these if you use UUM.
    And I already said i agree with increase of coal from UUM.

Coal is so common, that i and my friends on private server had 20 stacks of coal (they mined it because i said to) [we needed diamonds and nanoarmor]