[Suggestion] Wool + Machines

• 1. Dye Sheep.
    2. Breed Sheep.
    3. Shear Sheep.
    4. Repeat, or just do 3 if you have enough sheep.
    5. Extract unlimited amounts of dye.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• 1. Dye Sheep.
    2. Breed Sheep.
    3. Shear Sheep.

For the Third Time: I CAN'T BUILD A DEATH STAR OUT OF FRIGGING DYE! CAN I?!

And Second a CHANCE, similar to the recycler to get the dye. (In the extractor)

• For the Third Time: I CAN'T BUILD A DEATH STAR OUT OF FRIGGING DYE! CAN I?!

And Second a CHANCE, similar to the recycler to get the dye. (In the extractor)

Running off of Solar Power, it's unlimited amounts of free dye.

It doesn't matter what it is. It's free, and an unlimited amount of it. Allowing an infinite loop like that, you may as well use creative mode.

And technically, you can make a Death Star out of wool (which would require dye).

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Running off of Solar Power, it's unlimited amounts of free dye.

It doesn't matter what it is. It's free, and an unlimited amount of it. Allowing an infinite loop like that, you may as well use creative mode.

And technically, you can make a Death Star out of wool.

Not Dye. And you dont multiply the wool either you get a 1:1 ratio on the compresser.

And if you find getting wool OP then you can uninstall minecraft or kill all the sheeps because i didnt suggest those. Those are free items that can be easily gotten, should i use creative instead for having a sheep farm in my backyard?

• Not Dye. And you dont multiply the wool either you get a 1:1 ratio on the compresser.

And if you find getting wool OP then you can uninstall minecraft or kill all the sheeps because i didnt suggest those. Those are free items that can be easily gotten, should i use creative instead for having a sheep farm in my backyard?

So your suggestion is only good if you don't multiply the wool?

I'm finding a hard time arguing against that. Other then the fact that it leaves a giant exploitable mechanic.

• So your suggestion is only good if you don't multiply the wool?

I'm finding a hard time arguing against that. Other then the fact that it leaves a giant exploitable mechanic.

My suggestion takes into account the fact that having lots of sheeps + Grass = Exploitable.

Once again, Extrator + Colored wool = a CHANCE to get the corresponding dye (Not a 50% thing not a 100% thing i dont even think i want it to be a 25% thing either)

• It doesn't matter what the chance is. If it exists, it's an exploit regardless of how much longer it takes.

I'm not saying something like it shouldn't exist- But it currently has a loop hole.

• 1. Dye Sheep.
    2. Breed Sheep.
    3. Shear Sheep.

1.-1 dye
    2.-2 wheat every 5 minutes
    3.-1 use of shears every however long it takes for sheep to get hungry
    4.same
    5.wonder how this is cheaper than just breeding dandelions

simply put a good dye crop can yield more dye for less cost than a sheep farm and ITS DYE! at least with cobble (which my cobble gen produces unlimited amounts) i can make houses and tools and weapons and stuff.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• It doesn't matter what the chance is. If it exists, it's an exploit regardless of how much longer it takes.

I'm not saying something like it shouldn't exist- But it currently has a loop hole.

Let me remind you that each operation in the Extractor cost EU (I think more than a operation in the recycler) and MORE time.

Every shearing cost durability/EU depending on what you use

Even a Fully stack of Colored wool could at best give you 20-30 if you are feeling lucky, or 0-10 in a rough day.

Exploitable? Maybe its possible, but what for? its not like you can make things out of dye alone, and if you want to reclycle it for scrap you are better of throwing the colored wool instead.

• I don't like the idea of comparing mods for balance but what is the vis or emc value of wool and dye? not that it matters ic2 crops are more exploitable

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I don't like the idea of comparing mods for balance but what is the vis or emc value of wool and dye? not that it matters ic2 crops are more exploitable

Doesnt matter, right now Seal for autoharvesting, seals for absorbing blocks in a big area and placing it in chest, and seals that boost the grow rate of crops all works with IC2 Crops and can prove a LOT more vis than wool or dye.

Also you can compare the dye obtaining through colored wool as a Inefficient but Fast process, while raising every colored flower as a Highly efficient but a lot Slower.

• Solar Panel->Unlimited Free EU. Makes Extractor Free.

With Zombies dropping Iron, and Iron Golem Farms existing- Iron is free. (Don't argue against the 'legitness' of these. They exist, they count. Regardless of if you use them.)

Have to feign the 'what for' part. Right now? There isn't one.

But if there isn't a reason to exploit it, why would you want to suggest the ability to do it in the first place? (Good chance that's going to be interpreted wrong.)

• To get dye a little more easily since growing each crop its difficult.

And under that logic Every EU requiring machine its Free thanks to the Solar/Wind/Water Gens giving free energy. And a lot of people have been "Exploiting" that.

If you ask me, colored wool extraction its the lesser of those two evilsExploits.

• are we at the part where we argue if its worth the devs time yet? I'm getting tried of repeating the same arguments over and over

• I think we covered that part already, Raa was just RE-noticing the "Exploit" that everyone and their grandmas already noticed.

Then he went how it could be abused and what was and exploit and i told him that tecnically you could see a lot of things in IC2 as exploiting mechanics. Or something along those lines my brain is in Derp/Genious(Meme) mode right now.

• I think we covered that part already, Raa was just RE-noticing the "Exploit" that everyone and their grandmas already noticed.

Then he went how it could be abused and what was and exploit and i told him that tecnically you could see a lot of things in IC2 as exploiting mechanics. Or something along those lines my brain is in Derp/Genious(Meme) mode right now.

IC2 has a lot of balancing issues (mostly based around the Mass Fabricator).

Personally I'd like to see a tool that grabs the dye out of the sheep. Thus, sacrificing the sheep for a chance at the dye and slowing the exploit considerably.

And April 1st requires Meme mode. Otherwise, you'll want to kill yourself, or someone else.

• I say with games true balance is impossible the best you can hope for is making it really hard to guess

• I say with games true balance is impossible the best you can hope for is making it really hard to guess

Minecraft its way too open ended, many people places their hands on it making a few stuff and breaking other stuffs. Reaching true balance in minecraft its almost impossible.

Other types of games, mostly without any modding community and whose only hands who can touch it are the original devs, can reach something close to true balance.

But yeah "True Balance" its impossible.

• Official Post

Another Colorexploit except colored sheeps is the Painter, it CAN paint Wool like CF so you get without the chance 32 Color (Lapis for example) out of 1 Color so the chance should be at least 1/32 for getting the Color. And the wool itself is infinite so LIMITED Color + UNLIMITED Wool = UNLIMITED Color/Lapis.

An imagine if Jeb adds glowing Wool. :D (Glowstone unlimited at least it would be suggested)

And the painter is enough to multiply your Dye for Wool by 32.

Edit: Wool + Compressor = white Wool, is a good idea.