[Suggestion] advanced tool box/bronze multi-tool

• Name: advanced tool box

Description: the idea boiled down to its basic parts is an item that can be loaded with tools and you can use all those tools without unpacking the tool box. to use a tool just set the toolbox to the appropriate mode.EDIT: like changing modes on a mining laser

Recipe:don't know don't care some one always posts a different one they think is better any ways

EDIT: alternative suggestion for those concerned with balance
    Name: bronze multi-tool

Description: again boiled down to the basic parts "all the bronze tools" + "standard wrench" + "tree tap" + "undetermined item to act as the frame"(tool box? advanced machine block?)= "bronze multi-tool" this will all ways act as if the right tool for the job is out.

so if you hit a zombie with it it hurts like a bronze sword, if you hit stone it mines it like a bronze pickaxe, hit a tree it chops it down with the speed of a bronze axe, short click dirt tills long click digs so on and so forth. when it loses all durability it is not destroyed but it starts working like your using your fist the only way to restore it is to throw the spent tool in a crafting grid with a new set of items. the bronze multi-tools durability would be equal to or lesser than the combine durability of all the items its up to alblaka in the end.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I think it should work similarly to the Backpack mod, right click with it and it opens up a miniature second inventory

• Additional inventory is cool.

But... How in the hell would you select the items you would want to use? Second 'Hot bar'? I don't like that idea at all.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I don't think any item in ic2 gives you an inventory inside an inventory accept the crop analyzer and its kinda buggy. besides it should be simple load the tools like a normal toolbox and then hit m to select the one you want to use. just like selecting modes on a mining laser

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• I don't think any item in ic2 gives you an inventory inside an inventory accept the crop analyzer and its kinda buggy. besides it should be simple load the tools like a normal toolbox and then hit m to select the one you want to use. just like selecting modes on a mining laser

Step right up, folks! Toolbox that can mine Obsidian, Wrench Machines, Chop Trees, Everything! Step right up!

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• Step right up, folks! Toolbox that can mine Obsidian, Wrench Machines, Chop Trees, Everything! Step right up!

now your getting the spirit :D of course this would be more of an endgame item and you need to make and install all these tools to get these different functions

• Then the next step is fusing the abilities of the Quantum torse+Jetpack+Lappack no? Lol.

Dont like the idea. (At least in this way, the other way its a company secret of Assholes Inc)

thats different cause you have a more limited number of armor slots and makes it way easier to kill thing as you work the worst an advance tool box could do is give you more inventory space for swords. also more things can be done to the toolbox to balance it for example not letting it carry a mining laser or nano saber and that when carrying the toolbox it will demand the batpacks and lappacks attention so they won't charge other items creating a similar tactical choice as choosing between a quantum torso or a lappack.

AT ABOVE or you could just cut down on the number of tools it can hold (instead of all at once maybe 3 at once)
    EDIT: look my point is sure it shifts the balance but its not as bad as "all in one armor"

• now your getting the spirit :D of course this would be more of an endgame item and you need to make and install all these tools to get these different functions

My sarcasm is a bit rough recently.

In other words... A Mega-Tool isn't a bad idea. At least, sometimes. Mining Drill and Chainsaw could go together. About it.

Anything beyond that is a lot of code for... something not really needed.

• I knew you were being sarcastic thats just how I like to deal with the sarcasm of others

added an alternative idea to the top post
    its basically a Swiss army knife can do any thing just not as well as a dedicated power tool

• already been mentioned basically. here is the thread.

http://forum.industrial-craft.…ighlight=swiss+army+knife

they are fundamentally different boiled down that suggestion is for an alchemical bag equivalent this suggestion (bronze multi-tool) is for a universal tool that uses only one durability no matter the job

• they are fundamentally different boiled down that suggestion is for an alchemical bag equivalent this suggestion (bronze multi-tool) is for a universal tool that uses only one durability no matter the job

no... read the part about the Swiss Army knife near the end of that thread. you basically integrate what tools you want into the assembly. so if you wanted a universal tool then you would take the assembly and add a bronze tool of every kind, or a drill, or a chainsaw. ect.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• no... read the part about the Swiss Army knife near the end of that thread. you basically integrate what tools you want into the assembly. so if you wanted a universal tool then you would take the assembly and add a bronze tool of every kind, or a drill, or a chainsaw. ect.

you proposed that mid thread its not part of the OP so it doesn't count. also this idea has some limitations to make it more balanced

• you proposed that mid thread its not part of the OP so it doesn't count. also this idea has some limitations to make it more balanced

ok well since your using tools that require a durability, how would you use that or designate that in the Bronze multitool? that's why i suggested it as an energy item. itd just be universal energy for all the tools in the assembly.

"the more people i kill, the better the chances are that i got the right one" ~Goblin Assassin: MtG

• ok well since your using tools that require a durability, how would you use that or designate that in the Bronze multitool? that's why i suggested it as an energy item. itd just be universal energy for all the tools in the assembly.

the shared durability of the components is for sanity and laziness just wrap how it distributes the wear and tear in techno babble(or how smart steve is) and call it a day

• the shared durability of the components is for sanity and laziness just wrap how it distributes the wear and tear in techno babble(or how smart steve is) and call it a day

so we could keep ramming new tools into this device to keep it's durability up? sounds like i should go make one with an Bronze pick and then ram bronze shovel after shovel into this thing to conserve some materials....

• so we could keep ramming new tools into this device to keep it's durability up? sounds like i should go make one with an Bronze pick and then ram bronze shovel after shovel into this thing to conserve some materials....

it can only be repaired when you craft it with all of the tools the most efficient way to go about that is wait till the tool is spent but some may want to top-up their trusty backup before they go spelunking.

• it can only be repaired when you craft it with all of the tools the most efficient way to go about that is wait till the tool is spent but some may want to top-up their trusty backup before they go spelunking.

well reqardless, with this you could make a tool that has the durability of 4 tools but you could use it for only mining, this would make it significantly better then diamond tools. and maybe ever a drill. and a pick require 3 bronze, but a shovel and a hoe require less and would still have the same durability. so you're still coming up cheaper.

• well reqardless, with this you could make a tool that has the durability of 4 tools but you could use it for only mining, this would make it significantly better then diamond tools. and maybe ever a drill. and a pick require 3 bronze, but a shovel and a hoe require less and would still have the same durability. so you're still coming up cheaper.

it is slower than diamond tools(heck its slower than iron tools), can't mine obsidian, difficult to repair with out a crafting bench, doesn't have loss less wrench, recipe can be made expensive enough to limit to mid-end game, can accidentally dig out your garden, I have yet to really suggest its durability so depending on what the devs think it would probably be any where between the durability of one tool to the combined durability of all the tools. its not meant to be your main tool its meant to be your backup to give you something better than your fists but not as good as the electric version when inventory space is tight.