[1.90] BUG - Seeds gathered from crops are not stackable

• Before you say "Noob, seed bags don't stack!", I want to clarify that I am talking about regular, plain old seeds. Of any kind. Right now I'm staring at 3 piles of netherwart that refuse to go into the same stack. I have the same situation with wheat seeds, melon seeds, pumpkin seeds, and even sugar cane. My chest is filling up very quickly!

• That reminds me that sometimes i had this weird occurency of crop products like wheat or cocoa beans who refused to stack in the same slot, and they were Cropstick products indeed.

Maybe for some weird reason the agriculture system adds unnecessary NBT-Tags making them unstackable? (I know for a fact this isnt a metavalue thing because those wheat and cocoa beans add the same ID)

Edit: This is/was in version 1.8.1 of IC btw.

• Used cropnalyzer with the seeds in your inventory?

I tried that, but since they are regular seeds they cannot even be inserted into the cropnalyzer.

I don't know how to use NBT editors so I'm lost there... but I did find out that if I place unstackable pumpkins/reeds/melons/netherwart and pick them back up, they can be stacked regularly again. Perhaps that removes the excess NBT information?

• Official Post

I tried that, but since they are regular seeds they cannot even be inserted into the cropnalyzer.

I don't know how to use NBT editors so I'm lost there... but I did find out that if I place unstackable pumpkins/reeds/melons/netherwart and pick them back up, they can be stacked regularly again. Perhaps that removes the excess NBT information?

The issue is OPENING the Cropnalyzer can sometimes put NBT-tags onto items in your hotbar... this causes them to become glitched-unstackable.

• The issue is OPENING the Cropnalyzer can sometimes put NBT-tags onto items in your hotbar... this causes them to become glitched-unstackable.

Ah, that is it! I'll be sure to take them all out of my hotbar before opening cropnalyzer. Thanks!

Edit: Erm, it seems to be happening on newly harvested seeds/plants even when I don't have a cropnalyzer in my inventory. This is on SMP, I haven't tried it on SSP yet.