{discussion} Random idea's for generating EU and other random stuff

• wel people,

since i lately hear alot about people wanting to have new sources to make power, lets make an general discusion thread about it.
    after that, everything is allowed for suggesting.

rules about this thread:
    1. DO NOT flame to another user for idea's in the past.
    2. all idea's are allowed, all sorts. even the most stupidest ideas are allowed. (yes even dirt battery's)
    3. if an idea is being liked. discuss about making an suggestion topic about it, (i wil not moderate this. its up to you to ceep it alive)

whats the overall idea of this thread? quite simple, improve the general stream of suggestions in QUALITY not QUANTITY.

if you dont like an idea, just dont reply to it, unles you have constructive critism about it.

so this is all about, throwing your idea in and see what rolls out.

happy discussing!

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• how about a power source that generates at the cost of spawning hostile mobs? preferably slimes they don't drop much that can be exploited for grinding

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• ah the discusion is open!
    so, an generator which reduces the spawns of hostile mobs in order to generate eu?

i think it would make the world "to safe" how about one that increases the spawn of monster (small gui inside to set power) to make it even harder then hardcore.

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• I keep saying, the less ic2 need is more generators but more machines that uses that energy for something.

well then, throw something in! thats what the topic is all about!

• Official Post

ah the discusion is open!
    so, an generator which reduces the spawns of hostile mobs in order to generate eu?

i think it would make the world "to safe" how about one that increases the spawn of monster (small gui inside to set power) to make it even harder then hardcore.

I think he ment Slimeballs. Edit: Nope he didn't ment them

• ah the discusion is open!

that's what i meant the cost is that the generator actually spawns the mobs so to get more specific you can have a generator that feeds off the ambient energy of a nearby nether or end portal but the easier nether portal one can spawn hostile(not pig men) nether mobs. or a microbe fuel cell that runs off depleted uranium cells and organic "waste" but spawns hostile slimes

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Maybe a way of generating biofuel by culture of microseaweeds ?
    But Biofuel should in this case provide more energy. And do not waste cells.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Maybe a way of generating biofuel by culture of microseaweeds ?
    But Biofuel should in this case provide more energy. And do not waste cells.

at what cost? whats the counter balance?

• just to throw something into this bioculture thing.

why not work it out as an addon for the agriculture sector? it would improve the connection of both sectors.

• combining a few ideas a new generator could be (flavor text wise) a self contained biomass farm that uses depleted uranium cells to continuously mutate, grow, harvest, and burn biofuel. over the long run some one could get like 100,000 eu per depleted cell (a little less that 1/8 of a full cell) initially the eu/t could be rather low(<5eu/t) but picks up as the biomass mutates(10eu/t max) with the risk of spawning hostile slimes with progressing frequency the only way to stop it is to add new biomass and start the mutation cycle over

• Official Post

Just to throw in a few arguments i posted in another Thread

Fusionreactor
    Naquadahreactor
    Naquadriareactor
    Antimattereactor
    Quantumreactor
    a Blackhole based Energyproductionmethod
    Antimatterchainreactor (much more Powerful and Destructive than the Normal one, but can destroy all the Matter of the Universe)
    ZPM
    Project Arcturas original
    Project Arcturas by McKay (this Idea)
    Paralleluniverse-Carters "steal a bit out of every Universe"-Idea
    Perpetuum Mobile (Ultimate Endgame)

And there's a Typo in the word "{discusion}" its written with double "s" like passinglurker demonstrated it in his Energyuse-Thread

• there was talk at one time about an unlimited zpm for creative did that make it to the todo list?

• "bangs head to keyboard"

gonna fix the typo ;)

also FYI

i aptioned to alblaka to make this an sticky thread.

• at what cost? whats the counter balance?

Maybe with a sort of special tank craftable with one looking like the BC's one and with "Microseaweeds ADN"--> Could slowly turn Water into biofuel whith help from the Sun.
    Idea for the
    "Microseaweeds ADN" craft: same shape as chest/furnace but with matter: Could make it very useful but obtainable only at a certain level of developpement.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• why not just do what i suggested here

combining a few ideas a new generator could be (flavor text wise) a self contained biomass farm that uses depleted uranium cells to continuously mutate, grow, harvest, and burn biofuel. over the long run some one could get like 100,000 eu per depleted cell (a little less that 1/8 of a full cell) initially the eu/t could be rather low(<5eu/t) but picks up as the biomass mutates(10eu/t max) with the risk of spawning hostile slimes with progressing frequency the only way to stop it is to add new biomass and start the mutation cycle over

here all the biofuel infrastructure is contained inside a single unit. what do you think of it by the way?