[Suggestion] Replicator (Not Star Trek)

• Simplicity in idea, maybe not so in reality, but here's the idea.

The replicator wouldn't necessarily take a great deal of power, as its function is not to create matter from passing asteroids. Add an item, be it a simple component or a complex machine, and the pattern is stored. When you select a pattern from the menu, it will take the materials needed from an adjacent chest and build the item true to the original pattern if the materials are there. Without sufficient materials the item simply will not be built.

Understandably you would have to select components the build the pieces of a complex machine, such as circuits would have to be assembled for a solar panel before the panel could be built, but with a few clicks the finished product would be deposited back into the same chest to be retrieved or used in a more complex recipe as needed.

Perhaps not a true replicator, but it sounds nicer than lazy-ass assembler bot.

• Do you actually read any of these posts?

You put in an item (circuit) and it saves the recipe for that item. Batteries, furnace, reactor, anything will work and the recipe is saved. It's added to a menu that you can select and, if the components to make it are in an adjacent chest, it will make that item. It won't construct all of the components, those will have to be done separately but they too can be stored as a recipe.

So no. Not at all like the project table except for the fact that it can construct items. It doesn't need a prebuilt template already. Just the recipe and the ingredients.

• Do you actually read any of these posts?

You put in an item (circuit) and it saves the recipe for that item. Batteries, furnace, reactor, anything will work and the recipe is saved. It's added to a menu that you can select and, if the components to make it are in an adjacent chest, it will make that item. It won't construct all of the components, those will have to be done separately but they too can be stored as a recipe.

So no. Not at all like the project table except for the fact that it can construct items. It doesn't need a prebuilt template already. Just the recipe and the ingredients.

So, basically an entire room of automatic crafting tables and logistics pipes all in one block?

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• So, basically an entire room of automatic crafting tables and logistics pipes all in one block?

just because buildcraft can do it doesn't mean we can't do it better

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• just because buildcraft can do it doesn't mean we can't do it better

Al typically doesn't add things that other mods already have.

Typically. It's an interesting idea, at least.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• for simplicity how about it just tells you what it can make from the chest next to it instead of building a library. if the ingredients are not there then the option to make the item won't be there

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Geez, reading comprehension is pretty low today. Lurker pretty much showed me a post that was basically the same I dea. I overlooked it, sadly. In effect, it would be like a crafting table except that it draws the components out itself instead of you assembling them every time. Naturally it could not replace an extractor in making rubber, but if the rubber was there it could easily creat copper wiring if the copper was also there and the recipe was stored.

Where the hell you came up with pipes and automatic crafting tables is beyond me. It all has to be in the same chest.

• for simplicity how about it just tells you what it can make from the chest next to it instead of building a library. if the ingredients are not there then the option to make the item won't be there

Yes Lurker, yes. Having to have already built one and fed it to the machine in order for it to learn the recipe would be like teaching the replicator what it can build.

• I did read it, You are basically suggesting a automatic crafting table (Buildcraft, Immibis did something similar too but less Buildcraft oriented), and i said Project table because of the extracting items from a nearby chest but that table act as its own chest.

• Yes Lurker, yes. Having to have already built one and fed it to the machine in order for it to learn the recipe would be like teaching the replicator what it can build.

that isn't what i said at all im say you shouldn't have to teach it any thing the table will just tell you what it can make with the resources on hand

• I understood what you said. I thought my idea would add a bit more of a realistic touch, as the machine wouldn't have the recipes magically stored in it upon creation.

• I understood what you said. I thought my idea would add a bit more of a realistic touch, as the machine wouldn't have the recipes magically stored in it upon creation.

*points at floating dirt block* if you ask me it doesn't need a realistic touch

• Oh now i get it. You are suggesting a Crafting Table II, but without having all the recipes already "Learned". Although that last part its unnecesary since steve already its omnipotent enough to know how to build a nuclear reactor in a small table using simple tools, why bother limitating his omnipotence if everyone and their pets already knows every recipe in minecraft and IC2 by now?

• so an ic2 branded power sucking "crafting table II" huh? unless its used to make thing that can't be made with a normal crafting table i don't see why people can't just install the crafting table II mod

• so an ic2 branded power sucking "crafting table II" huh? unless its used to make thing that can't be made with a normal crafting table i don't see why people can't just install the crafting table II mod

Mostly because that mod hasn't updated since 1.1 XD.

But i agree with the rest.

• we can go the nerf route or the buff route with this
    nerf route: new crafting table needed to make all advanced type items(anything with advanced in its name and all that is derived from them)
    buff route: new crafting table is more efficient at crafting items and uses fewer ingredients (so an electronic circuit would need 1 redstone dust instead of 2 or something like that)