Tier IV Technology: Your Ideas + Pros and Cons

• I think Tier IV tech should be added: Why ?
    For a single reason, giving an aim for player having all things of Tier III tech (QuantumSuit, MFSU, etc ...)
    In fact, I got the quantum on all the server I play in 20 hours ...

Now, Ideas for Tier IV tech (for repliers, give Idea for crafting: Storage Units, Suit, Machine using more EU, cable, circuits, etc ...)

The base is the "Supraconductor": It's a cable with a very low rate of losses (maybe 0.01 per cable, can transport up to 16 192 EU/t)
    Crafts (I created in order to it be very, very expensive, thus you must play even more to get it) :

Silicium:
    Recipe with 5 matter, 2 coal dust and 2 sand.
    Smelt it into the "High temperature furnace" (I already talk about it) will give you silicium ingot.

semiconductor (give 2) :
    :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:
    :Copper Ingot: :Industrial Diamond: :Copper Ingot:

:Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk: :Coal Chunk:

:Coal Chunk: is carbon plate.
    :Copper Ingot: is "silicium ingot" .
    :Industrial Diamond: is ... diamond. (Now, i won't precise anymore to what item the pictures refer to, according to the fact it's the same)

A sort of "cooling circuit" (give too 2) :
    :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot: :Copper Ingot:

:Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell: :Coolant Cell:

:Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating: :Intergrated Plating:

:Coolant Cell: is "Liquid Helium cell" (I already speak about it with "Thermonuclear fusion reactor", it is needed to give the "semiconductor" its properties of superconductivity).

:Intergrated Plating: is simply glass.

Finally, the supraconductor:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre: :Glass Fibre:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser: :Intergrated Heat Dispenser:

:Intergrated Heat Dispenser: is the "sort of cooling circuit".

:Glass Fibre: is the semiconductor.

Then, with this supraconductor, you can make (bigger and more efficient solar plant to collect more EU, that's right):
    Advanced processor:
    :Cable: :Cable: :Cable:

:Copper Ingot: :Advanced Circuit: :Copper Ingot:

:Cable: :Cable: :Cable:

:Cable: is supraconductor.

:Copper Ingot: is ceramic ingot. (can too be obtained by smelting clay dust in "High temperature furnace")

What's useful with that ? You can now craft a very expensive machine, the "Energy-Mass Converter"!
    Energy-Mass Converter can create Matter from NOTHING! (I say that, because the Mass fabricator create it from air or scrap)
    Of course, Energy-Mass Converter create too antimatter (so, for a new way of energy storage, craft a sort of higly-secure cell with force field containing it, put them arround a Lapotron crystal, (2 Matter cells and 2 anti-Matter cells), 4 advanced circuit and get the ultimate way of energy storing, Energy-Mass Crystal! (It contain a little EM Converter to destroy matter and anti-matter when you need energy, create it when charging it, such as a battery do with with ions)
    [Others things coming soon]

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Last I heard, Al isn't adding a Tier 4 anything as there is no point.

...What? There's no pineapples here.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• ;(
    I think he should ... maybe it's a lot of time spent in coding, but IC² need it :/

...Why?

Don't just say 'something above Tier 3', as then that would apply all the way to Tier Infinite.

Quantum Suit is the second most overpowered armor in the game, only beaten by EE's Gemmed Red Matter Armor. You can create matter from nothing already- Solar/Wind/Water power connected to a MFSU...

The -ONLY- reason to have a Tier 4 anything is for a Large Multiplayer EU Storage Device, and a 'Test EU Generator' to make a ton of EU for free, for people to test things with- but wouldn't be craftable.

GENERATION Pineapple: The first pineapple you see, copy it into your sig on any forum and add sqrt(-1) to the generation. Pineapple experiment.

• I disagree with you on that point.
    For me, a new suit could be useful for few things:
    At first, the chestplate would gather the effects of Lappack , Quantumsuit Bodyarmor, sort of portable tesla coila against mob, would extending inventory (with a special chest ine the one you could place item from your inventory but using energy for teleportation), allow you to place basics blocs (cobble and dirt) infinitely, to have a tank for lava (or water, but not very useful because of MC's physics) and above all, a Microwave-Energy Converter wich could make you able to receive energy (with about 66% losses) from Microwave generator at a certain range (with that, no needs of coming back next your MFSU, but even more needs of energy)
    Maybe with that you could to run a Multifunctionnal-tool, wich could have the effect of Diamond Drill, Chainsaw, Nano-Saber, electric treetap or wrench with Right clicking ... (of course the craft should need all these tools ), allowing you to have even more space in your inventory.
    With the Boots, you could jump as with the quantumsuit Boots, but when double-jumping, you could fly, as in creative! (consume a lot of energy, of course)
    The helmet would have 2 mode: without artificial light (to see the reality, for example when building a house and placing torches) and with, useful for mining.
    And finnaly, the leggings would allow you the teleportation ... (same system as Essentials with the compass)
    Of course, each part of this suit would store 10 000 000 EU ...

That couldn't justify to make a Tier IV technology ? (I understand that Al is working hard and has other things to do than coding IC², but that should be an idea for addon)

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Everything you said Screams OP, besides Al have already said no to multifuntion Armor pieces, so no quantum chest with lappack/energy shield/energy storage in one.

I really dont see a need for a new tier of energy, although i would say that spacing the tiers making them more difficult to upgrade/obtain would be interesting.

• simply put,

combining pro's of all chestplates is denied before.
    tier 4 denied before.

its all been denied before.

NO, im sure FenixR wont be mild on this topic...

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• For me, a new suit could be useful for few things:

Alblaka has said, a few times, that if you want anything stronger then the QuantumSuit you should just go creative mode.

• Okay ... then I will be sad for all my life ;(

or you can code your own add on. but crying will get you no where if that's what your trying to do

EDIT: also this http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=366

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• I know, i have thought to create my own add-on.
    But I know too this is maybe a dream, because of the time I would spend to do it and because I have to start from scratch how to do it.

PS: you really thought I say that because of hoping someone will accept what I suggest ?

NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• PS: you really thought I say that hoping someone will accept what I suggest ?

i think this part got lost in translation

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• we could have tier 4 energy if all the tier 4 units required a load of diamond blocks

Or, we could go as far to say that T4 requires UU-Matter as a sort of amplifier perhaps (I'm half-awake right now, so please don't mind me too much)?