My new Challenge!

• wel folks,

i have been
    Challenged, to make an 2000 eu reactor (CASUC ofcourse.) which does not exceed an 50 EU.Tick in coolant needs.

so far my concept.
    compressors... advanced machines
    bucket filling - feeding. (for testing now EE for the time being) combined with redpower.

please note i know its E Excheat, but i wil only use it in the beginning phase.

i expect to have an running reactor within the day. stay tuned for big craters or big wins...
    and maybe, even an video!

take care now, bye bye

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• wel, to achieve the 2000 eu mark, i must fill an 6 chamber reactor all the way up to the point til i have only 8 slots for cooling.

planned ICE cooling : 40-50%
    planned water cooling : 50-60%

yes you read correct, i wil be making an hybrid CASUC. an first i think.

stay tuned!

first edit!

so far, i have build the ice system. it currently uses:
    7 snow generators (miner - pump - compressor (regulars)
    and 1 singularity compressor (advanced machines add on)

this system now uses an total of 32 eu at its peaks, leaving me with aproximatly 11 ice every 8 seconds. which in turn translates back to 1,33 ice every second. good for filling that first slot of the reactor. but i think i can squeeze more out of it. maybe fill up to 3 slots of the reactor with ice.

ceeping in mind that my peak for cooling the reactor may not exceed 50 eu.tick, il be doing some micro management to fine tune this progres. maybe i can even get 4 slots filled. but that is just random guesing.

it would be nice, 50% ice 50% water.

i promised an working reactor in 1 day, but just realised. i dont have the time! it wil take an bit longer. sorry guys.
    so far. making some good progres.

second edit:
    video up and running!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oJbzHiWt0

concept proved. perfect ice an bucket cooling.

to do :
    hook this reactor up to legit cooling systems. as compact as i can.

something i decided, screw the 50 eu.tick, il go for the most extreme/efficient thing to make

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Official Post

Awesome Idea, to make a Hybrid-CASUC. I stick to the good old Waterbucket ones because they cost no EU for cooling.

Oh and before i forget, you should spellcheck at least the Name of all your Topics before posting, it's Challenge NOT Challange [/Grammarnaziing]

• i got an excuse for not doing the spelling correct :) im dutch.

gonna work on it now, as i said. i expect to have an running reactor within one day. and posibly also an video

• Just managed to make a 1900EU/t bucket one, it could theoretically run at 2020EU/t but as buckets tend to bug a bit it doesn't really seem possible in practice. Going to make a new version in about two hours.

Edit: Will continue making it tomorrow, my swedish homework took way more time than i had expected. Spent around 45 minutes building it and got it aroung 40% done if no major faults occur(as they propably will, damn buckets!).
    The 1900EU/t reactor is still running fine after around 1h 40 min, so I think it's safe.

• Just managed to make a 1900EU/t bucket one, it could theoretically run at 2020EU/t but as buckets tend to bug a bit it doesn't really seem possible in practice. Going to make a new version in about two hours.

nice job, i decided i wanted to go hybrid. uses the + and - of both systems.

edit:
    first status report added to second post!

• would it be cheating if you added a redstone clock to impose brief cooldowns? it would still have an instantaneous eu/t of 2000
    how about sending any bucket overflow to a submerged watermill(s) that helps power the pumps?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• wel folks, i have an partially running reactor right now.

it currently uses 4 filters to powerfeed my reactor 4 buckets of water, im guesing il powerfeed ice for the remaining 4 slots.

to do list:
    1. prove the concept.
    2. hook up an actual deployer system instead of the EE testing grid.
    3. hook up an actual ice plant system instead of the EE testing grid.
    4. finish the project!

• as someone once said.....

it....it has been born!!

i have an prove of concept of an running hybrid reactor! :D
    video is uploading as i am typing right now, please be patient.

however, small note:
    everything is hooked up to EE for testing purposes. this is just an prove of concept. hope you enjoy :D

edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9oJbzHiWt0

its done!

• Great job, especially for an original idea!

Now make one without using cheater exchange(because, well... it is really close to cheating) :P

I would try to make one myself but it would most likely fail horribly and after doing some math a bucket CASUC using a rectangle of 7x6 is pretty much the most efficient design possible (2020EU/t bucket CASUC woudl't generate power 100% of the time and an ice CASUC would use too much power for cooling and the efficiency gains would be pretty minimal, under an percent, for making a timed reactor)

• kinda what i said in the video haha, equivelant excheat.

it has its advantages, especialy for testing. tomotow i wil try to make it an legit one.

• Sorry its really not relevant but its bugging the heck out of me. You only use "an" when theres a vowel next to it like an octopus or an apple. you use A when its a consonant. like a fighter or a doctor. I know the English language is weird. But you've got really good English compared to some people who were born English. Keep up the good work two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: or 6

That's a rather cool idea, but a lone tree is suspicious, better plant some more. So really... forget about solar-flowers, solar-trees are the next generation :P

• Official Post

Sorry its really not relevant but its bugging the heck out of me. You only use "an" when theres a vowel next to it like an octopus or an apple. you use A when its a consonant. like a fighter or a doctor. I know the English language is weird. But you've got really good English compared to some people who were born English. Keep up the good work two thumbs up :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: or 6

Typical Dutch/German typos. :D