Small favour for ya all | CASUC tutorial video (quick&dirty)

• hello peeps,

i have been asked to make an tutorial video of how to make an CASUC reactor, bucket style.

wel, without further delaying here it is. hope it helps some of you to build an casuc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7__jrZ8jyMk

(demonstration purpose only, its not the 100% effective version)

take care!

right, time to get serious...
    i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• It looks like you are using filters/transposers to fill/retrieve buckets from the reactor through the Reactor Chambers??? My current knowledge is that this is impossible without BC2/IC Crossover Mod. Has a later version of IC2 allowed this? Currently I am just running the 1.1 Version (I think it's 1.71).

Let us hail Sir Awesome, the true god of the world.

• correct, as of version 1.81 you can connect them directly to the reactor chambers, allowing for an 2050 EU.tick design.

i might make one of those today and share it with you guys.

i wil be offline for weeks and possibly months at an time. if you have anything to add to an post i made, and would like me to know. you are welcome to pm me, and i wil reply as soon as i am able to do so.

• Thanks so much. I'm no longer with 1740 EU/t (5 Chamber Bucket CASUC) and 1840 EU/t (5 Chamber Bucket CASUC) reactors.

QUESTION:

With your reactors do you include the power lost in the cooling system? (For example are your 1840 EU/t Ice CASUC reactors producing that AFTER you take away the power lost from cooling systems?)

Let us hail Sir Awesome, the true god of the world.

• not realy, i use the total amount of output.

dont realy list the used coolant power... couse hey, its 1840 eu anyway :P who looks at 40 eu coolant?

• Official Post

dont realy list the used coolant power... couse hey, its 1840 eu anyway :P who looks at 40 eu coolant?

Hey, i look at that.

Just a question: How many Ice-Blocks are needed per full runningcycle of your CASUC?

Because then you could produce the Ice from the beginning (after you started a World and got Electricity) with two Compressors and a Pump, and then fill up X Chests with it, until you mined all the needed Uranium. Finally you only paid 5 EU/t (over a longer time) for it and dont need much infrastructure for it. To be precicely only a Filter that pulls Icestacks into your CASUC (Lagfree).

• aha, i see where you are going ;)

wel. it uses 6 ice per second to cool an 1840. and 7 to cool an 2050 design.

so the higher u take ur eff, (eu.tick) the more efficient ur reactor gets. (you do the math on how much exactly XD im to lazy (just woke up)

but, if u decide to use an hybrid. u can effectively cut the ice usage in half, (50% ice 50% bucket)