[suggestion] soda and soda bottles/cans

• Name: soda, soda bottle, soda can

Description: Soda would be a new brewing recipe for those who want to get in to brewing but haven't crossbred hops yet. All the recipes would consist of water cell, sugar, and dye and would feed the player 1/2-1 food point due to the calories in the sugar (1 food for fizzy soda, and 1/2 for flat soda). After adding the ingredients the player will wait for the soda to carbonate this process can be accelerated if there are other active barrels next to the soda barrel. When the soda carbonates there is a 1 in something chance of the soda gaining some positive or negative buffs depending on what dye was used (for example green dye grants speed while red dye grants strength). Unbuffed sodas will all appear the same(looks like root-beer) and will stack together regardless of the dye originally used. If the barrel is tapped before it carbonates the player will get flat soda, and flat soda never has buffs.

Soda bottles are reusable containers to drink soda and booze out of normal glass bottles won't due cause they look like they came out of a legend of zelda game and are topped with corks which will make the soda go flat. Soda bottles will be crafted the same way as glass bottles but will have a metal ingot (any metal ingot) in the top center of the crafting grid to represent the bottle cap. The recipe will yield 4 soda bottles. you get your bottle back when you drink out of it.

Soda cans are disposable containers and will be destroyed when drunken out of (with a 1 in 20 chance of yielding scrap to represent a crushed can code permitting). note: this would use tin cells the tin cans recipe is to inefficient

Recipe: see Description

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• Soda sounds cool, but seems like an unnecessary addition.
    Also, we don't need to give people more of a reason to make friggen huge cactus farms...
    If other people like it, don't listen to me, but just my two cents

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• Soda sounds cool, but seems like an unnecessary addition.
    Also, we don't need to give people more of a reason to make friggen huge cactus farms...
    If other people like it, don't listen to me, but just my two cents

answered in the order you said it
    yes very cool, keep in mind necessity is up to the devs in the end.
    since the reasons already exists we have basically hit the upper limit of how big a farm people are willing to build another reason won't make much of a difference. (and we can make green dye give a poison buff instead)
    so your neutral then.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• It would work...exept for the fact that it gives you potion buffs. I mean I get that people want to make potion brewing more industrialy but without modifying the source file for brewing and modifying the hell out of brewing stands I don't see the use for duplicates...

Otherwise good idea. Just disclude the potion esque effects and ill vote for it.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• tl;dr: Industrial Potions?

Might as well tbh... lol

Edit: Sour about that misuse of wording... lol

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• It would work...exept for the fact that it gives you potion buffs. I mean I get that people want to make potion brewing more industrialy but without modifying the source file for brewing and modifying the hell out of brewing stands I don't see the use for duplicates...

Otherwise good idea. Just disclude the potion esque effects and ill vote for it.

brewing beer already gives potion buffs thats the whole point to industrial brewing this is just an easier to start weaker version of it and it would be point less with out the 1 in something CHANCE of a batch of soda granting realistic(i.e. no fire resistance or underwater breathing) buffs and half the time these buffs may be negative. I will NOT disclude the buff accept them or vote no.

tl;dr: Industrial Sodas?

and my responce

Soda would be a new brewing recipe for those who want to get in to brewing but haven't crossbred hops yet.

• I will NOT disclude the buff accept them or vote no.

So, if this isn't obvious, IndustrialCraft isn't coded democratically. No one's voting, and you can't personally determine how much of your idea is implemented, if any.

• Can anyone say Crit-a-Cola? Soda that gives the ability to do crits without having to jump then attack? Lasts for all of maybe 15 seconds.

• So, if this isn't obvious, IndustrialCraft isn't coded democratically. No one's voting, and you can't personally determine how much of your idea is implemented, if any.

don't worry it is obvious its so obvious I don't need to worry about what I say concerning the matter. normally I'm willing to tweak and adjust ideas based feedback to please a larger audience but that was simply a step to far as it would only please him and no one else so I responded that I wouldn't tweak the suggestion to please him. but I am aware and recognize that in the end all decisions are made by those with the power to code.

• ...only please him and no one else...

With the current information you could only infer that you dont like it...

...but I am aware and recognize that in the end all decisions are made by those with the power to code.

So anyone that knows how to code makes the decicions?
    I know C++ thus I decide if this idea gets implented...also don't bash me for saying that I know what you really mean.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• tankman you know perfectly well what i mean and i standby what i said about this suggestion being pointless without the rarely occurring potion like effects. though i should point out this is for the industrial brewing barrel not the vanilla brewing stand
    so back to the topic who wants cropless brewing and edible sugar? :D

I know C++ thus I decide if this idea gets implented..

Nope... has to be Java... Course, if you took the time to learn it, along with MC modding and the IC2 API, you could write yourself many a fancy add-on to play with...

Would anyone like to try a Slowpoke Tail?! Only 1 Million Yen!

this isn't about arrogance or ego, I have a block that I put a lot of freaking work into

Every Mod Author, in existence. And yet, you STILL say otherwise.

• We've had the idea of energy drinks until Boozeception was coined. They were a spiritual predecessor to booze, they'd give a speed buff and hunger debuff, drink it a few more times and madness ensues.