Industrial Litter

• oh look! there's the solar panel EU gathering rate in the config file!
    I'll just set that to 128 and I'll be all set! :D

So far everyone who has done that says it doesn't work, unless it was fixed recently.

Besides a miner can mine fudging everything, im surprised we can't configure it in game.

• its easy here is the step by step
    1. make a new block that looks just like dirt we will call it neo-dirt for the sake of these instructions
    2. set neo-dirt up to drop dirt and a random chance of buried trash when broken
    3. make neo-dirt completely uncraftable and unobtainable by any means
    4. replace dirt with neo-dirt in world gen
    5. ???
    6. profit

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• this

• One problem...
    World generators are usually incompatable with forge...
    Nuff Said.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• One problem...
    World generators are usually incompatable with forge...
    Nuff Said.

*facepalm* then how do we have tin, copper, and uranium!? this is entirely possible to implement code wise in a way that can't be exploited. there is no problem or flaw here the only issue is if the devs want to implement it.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• Official Post

*facepalm* then how do we have tin, copper, and uranium!? this is entirely possible to implement code wise in a way that can't be exploited. there is no problem or flaw here the only issue is if the devs want to implement it.

That with the Worldgen is a Part of MLMP (now also of Forge). Even RedpowerWorld uses that (sadly because of cutten Volcanoes). Its a small modification of the Vanillacode to allow userdefined Structures, which are as buggy as the Vanillagenerator (cutten Trees, Caves, Volcanoes, Oreveins and so on). But i just not wanted to say that, i came here for *PALMFACE*, because a Facepalm is too Mainstream.

• I think ore veins are coded differently then the placement of dirt. Overriding the entire dirt generation code with this could cause issues.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• You can replace the generated Dirt with your own Dirtvariant.

*stares at post*
    *facedesks*

• Would need basefile modifications, and even so the litter should be extremely rare.

needs a base mod just to swap regular dirt with 1-in-something chance of dropping trash dirt? care to enlighten us on how ic2 ores are spawned should i ever have a suggestion that involves messing with the world gen?

• needs a base mod just to swap regular dirt with 1-in-something chance of dropping trash dirt? care to enlighten us on how ic2 ores are spawned should i ever have a suggestion that involves messing with the world gen?

Needs a basefile modification to give dirt that property. Not for making it spawn in the world.

• Needs a basefile modification to give dirt that property. Not for making it spawn in the world.

i'm not saying make dirt drop trash im saying make a new block that LOOKS like dirt and drops real dirt and trash

• idk if this would help the devs, but I initially got the idea from the MCMMO server plugin. One aspect of the plugin is called "excavation", which provides a really small chance that destroying dirt or sand blocks could yield glowstone or some other treasure.
    My point is, try in figure out how they did it, and then try to apply it to IC2.