[Suggestion] Some Handy little Tools and Equipment

• Hiho
    I love the variety of tools that IC² already offers (and i would hate it if their would be a multi tool to replace them all, i just like it to plan wich stuff i will need for my next trip etc.)
    I got some Ideas how to even improve this variety in different directions

Flamethrower:
    Yes IC² already has some good weapons with Nano Saber and Mining Laser but how about a ranged (AoE) weapon that doesnt leave giant holes in the ground?
    Also I'd like to see some more uses for Fuel, imho generators work the best with sugarcane farms and i prefer E-Jetpack over the regular one...
    Recipe could be:
    Refined Iron, Refined Iron, Empty
    Fuel Can, Flint n' Steel , Mining Pipe
    Refined Iron, Circuit, Empty

(just a suggestion... the circuit basically stands for any mechanism to open the can and trigger the Fn'S

If you hold Rightclick it places Fire everywhere on the ground where you are pointing (to kill mobs and "clean" jungles)

Nightvision:

Don't know how hard this would be to code but i heard someone already had this in his mod (but removed it don't know if too buggy or what)
    It just makes everything appear a bit brighter so you can look into your mobgrinder without placing torches or orientate in a cave (or just see if an area is safe before running into it to place some light)

option for recipe:
    Luminator, Helm*, Advanced Circuit
    Lapis Dye, Glass Pane, Normal Circuit
    Rose Red Dye, Empty, Empty

Luminator and Dyes create Infrared Light, the Circuits and Glass are the Camera (if you are like WTF O.o just google how nightvision goggles work)
    *In my opinion the Helm should be Nano Helmet and keep the Protective Factor of that, the nightvision is toggable and drains some energy

GPS:

Replaces the Vanilla Map and Compass and Improves them in a Industrial way!
    Rightclicking +holding M changes its Mode, it has:
    Remember mode: Click it on a Surface and it Remembers its coordinates
    Map mode: using it shows a GUI with your Position and the remembered on the Vanilla Map interface
    Compass mode: Shows you the direction to the North
    Memory Compass mode: Shows you the direction to the saved location
    Measure distance mode: Displays the distane between you and the saved location (as absolute(rounded) and the difference in each XYZ direction)

recipe suggestion:
    Frequency Transmitter, Advanced Circuit, Compass, Dynamite Remote:
    Electric Circuit, Glass Pane, Electic Circuit
    RE Battery, Empty, RE Battery

(holds 20,000 EU and uses a bit everytime you use it)

I also think that the Quantum Suit is a bit Overpowered in SMP-PVP (specially when someone is raiding your base and you don't know where his is)
    But just making a weapon that is even stronger would just "take the problem and push it somewhere else" ~patrick
    so i proudly present the

PDDT (Personal Defense Discharging Tool):

To make it more effective in your own base you can Instantly Recharge it when rightclicking an MFSU (but well when you found the Energy storage of someone you can use it offensive as well

but what does it do? it makes thinks lose their energy very quickly (on leftclick attack). A full Quantum suit still needs more than just a few hits until completely discharged
    but because it drains the energy so fast it also causes damage to the wearer (so the chestpiece will be empty a bit earlier)

maybe it could also discharge the object that the victim is holding in hands or storage blocks (and fry the cables around it?)

recipe:
    Copper, Empty, Copper
    A. Circuit, Lapotron, A. Circuit
    Empty, Carpon Plate, Advanced Alloy

(looks like a Taser with a protective plate for the hand)

due to the enormous power needed to force a advanced technology like the quantum suit or an MFSU to discharge itself it can only be used once with a full charge
    (it only holds 200.000 because parts of the Lapotron Crystal are being used for the Discharging, so it can strike twice with a Lappack)

Please Ignore all the spelling errors (specially with capitalization) i'm a native german speaker and can't even spell in my own language properly (and noone uses punctuation on the internet when it's not necessary

So and now tell me pls how often everything has been denied already and how it wouldn't match into the idea of IC² (yes i mean you GregoriusT)

also the ideas are not relying on each other... if you like one but think the others suck just ignore them (although constructive criticism is allowed)

Thanks for reading!
    your Luckbot

List of People I know who didn't blew up a machine from Advanced Machines addon by wiring them to MV: { }

Yay math exam is soon... lots of fun... "you love taylor approximation with parameters" *beat head with stick*

• well telling me how stupid it is before even reading doesn't count as constructive criticism in my opinion^^

but well didn't expect to impress anyone :D

List of People I know who didn't blew up a machine from Advanced Machines addon by wiring them to MV: { }

Yay math exam is soon... lots of fun... "you love taylor approximation with parameters" *beat head with stick*

• Official Post

Flamethrower: Wait for Industrial Conflict. And if you really want one then use Thaumcraft (actually the Suggestionthread for Flamethrowers is above yours)
    Nightvision: Too much Basefilemodification, also there are other Mods for it.
    GPS: Minimaps, even normal Vanillamaps, and the Wireless Computercraftturtles are kinda like that.
    PDDT: WTF ist das? Was soll das darstellen? Einen elektroschockverteilenden Anzug? Wenn es das ist dann NEIN.

And FenixR said already the amount of denied Posts, so i dont have to repeat him.

• well telling me how stupid it is before even reading doesn't count as constructive criticism in my opinion^^

but well didn't expect to impress anyone :D

not expecting to impress is a good policy (look at fenixR for example he has almost 1,000 posts of mostly A-hole comments and he is some how not banned) but we still have rules here and a big one is(paraphrasing and butchering) "avoid repeating the rejected fundamentals of previously rejected ideas"

the spamming of easily thought of for lack of a better word "crap" ideas (like lightning rods, weapons, fusion reactors, flashlights) suppresses the well thought out ones that could contribute to ic2 in a meaningful way hence why we don't like them

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"