[Addon v1.118+] [SSP/SMP] Nuclear Control v.1.6.2b/e

• There is no sense to put lever on remote thermal monitor. It always consumes 1 eu/t. Use splitter cable to turn it off.

Ahh, works pretty good now. Thanks.

But one question left about the "Industrial Alarm". I don't understand how to build it, what's that at the top in the middle?

EDIT: Just found it out, thanks anyway. But could you make it possible to select a custom sound on the "Industrial Alarm" too? Thanks

• Official Post

I've been looking at the source, and I noticed that you have already been working on the code for an update. A fair bit too, as far as java n00b like me can tell.
    Just wanted to say thank you. Thank you.
    Waiting eagerly

Update is ready and currently at beta-testing stage.
    I guess I'll release it tomorrow (GMT+3 time zone)

I don't understand how to build it, what's that at the top in the middle?

Orange dye

• Official Post

v.1.3.1 Released
    - mc 1.3.2/IC2 v.1.106 compatibility update
    - InfoPanel labels can be turned off (especially handy to display just one value)
    - Energy Counter added (dot side is input, accepts up to 4 transformer upgrades) + Info Panel integration (Counter Sensor Kit)
    - Info Panel titles/names (actually a card titles).
    - Additional states for Info Panel: "Out Of Range", "Invalid Card", "Target Not Found"
    - Basic internal stat system (it sends generated id and addon version on client start to my server). Can be disabled via config (please don't disable it).
    - Thermal Monitor/Remote Thermal Monitor GUI changed (up to 1 mil heat level)

Big thanks to Kane Hart and his team, CrafterOfMines57, TampaPowers for great help in testing!

• crash report Remote Thermal Monitor (GUI)(mod v.1.3.1 Released)

when try put 100 using ( the botton of the gui ) the game is crash

partial log

full log

http://pastebin.com/YqqZ4Qjy

• Official Post

Documentation says, that first plus sign is allowed. Probably it was changed in java 7. Try redownload updated version. I can't test it with java 6, but hope it would work with older java versions too.

• Documentation says, that first plus sign is allowed. Probably it was changed in java 7. Try redownload updated version. I can't test it with java 6, but hope it would work with older java versions too.

Ahh, Was going to say we had did that and no crashes. But glad it was just compiled I guess for java 7 only :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• I really hope Java 7 RC comes out as early as Oracle predicted, November sounds like catleap away.

Intel i7 990X @ 4,60 GHZ, Asus Rampage III Black Edition, 24GB Corsair Dominator GT DDR3,
    2x Zotac Nvidia Geforce 580AMP 1,5gb, OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240GB 1GBps,
    1TB Western Digital Cavier Black, 2x Hitachi HDS723030BLE640 3TB, 3x BenQ XL2410T LCD-Monitors

Hosting Minecraft Servers on an Octo Core 32GB Ram Server: http://two66.com/
    Free Space available! If you need a Server let me know!

• What do you think of making the thermal monitors invert their redstone output?
    When the reactor temp is above the set threshold, it emits a redstone current.
    However with the new way that reactors work, requiring a redstone current to run, it seems like the thermal monitor should STOP sending a redstone current when the temperature reached the set threshold.

The alternative would be to build an inverter between the thermal monitor and the reactor, which takes up some extra blocks of space if you only have IC2 and Nuclear Control addons installed. Sure it can be done, but it takes up more room, and it would be really handy if the thermal monitors at least had the option to invert automatically.

• Official Post

What do you think of making the thermal monitors invert their redstone output?
    When the reactor temp is above the set threshold, it emits a redstone current.
    However with the new way that reactors work, requiring a redstone current to run, it seems like the thermal monitor should STOP sending a redstone current when the temperature reached the set threshold.

The alternative would be to build an inverter between the thermal monitor and the reactor, which takes up some extra blocks of space if you only have IC2 and Nuclear Control addons installed. Sure it can be done, but it takes up more room, and it would be really handy if the thermal monitors at least had the option to invert automatically.

Seems it would be most frequent question for this release =)
    I like idea "Let me know (emit a redstone signal) if something happened (heat level is reached)". Thermal monitors can be used to display heat progress with lamps, turn on an alarm etc. Probably I'll add additional checkbox to the thermal monitor gui to configure redsone behaviour in the next release.

• Most of the reactors that I build should never be able to explode, but just in case I always have a thermal monitor on the reactor and a single piece of redwire to automatically shut it off. I think it'd be good if you added an option to toggle an inverted signal.

• There seems to be a bug with the addon, and something that Personally I think is a poor design choice. The bug is that nomatter where I put the sound files the game only shows 2 alarm options in the howler GUI, the files i added are ogg. The poor design choice imo is that you can't choose what sound the industrial alarm makes like you can with the Howler. Industrial should be an upgrade to the howler, not a downgrade(or lateral move, personally i see it as a downgrade because you can't choose the sound anymore).

• Official Post

There seems to be a bug with the addon, and something that Personally I think is a poor design choice. The bug is that nomatter where I put the sound files the game only shows 2 alarm options in the howler GUI, the files i added are ogg. The poor design choice imo is that you can't choose what sound the industrial alarm makes like you can with the Howler. Industrial should be an upgrade to the howler, not a downgrade(or lateral move, personally i see it as a downgrade because you can't choose the sound anymore).

Try to add your sound to allowedAlarms param in config.
    As for industrial alarm. Industrial alarm is inherited from howler alarm and it was even easier to keep sound selection. But in my opinion, such type of device http://i.imgur.com/gYTIi.png shouldn't have a sound selection.

• Try to add your sound to allowedAlarms param in config.
    As for industrial alarm. Industrial alarm is inherited from howler alarm and it was even easier to keep sound selection. But in my opinion, such type of device http://i.imgur.com/gYTIi.png shouldn't have a sound selection.

Considering most alarms have their sounds set when they are made, that means that at some point someone is able to choose what alarm those lights have.

• Official Post

Server owners and popular players, who share mod configs.
    I'd be grateful if you will delete uuid parameter in the shared version of IC2NuclearControl.cfg.
    uuid is random value, I use it to estimate addon popularity without logging of logins or any personal information. But as I can see, multiple players use same uuid.