[Addon v1.118+] [SSP/SMP] Nuclear Control v.1.6.2b/e

• Official Post

Can anyone explain how the range trigger should work? Just wanted to switch a reactor on/off on distance with it...

Short version: it's not a replacement to wireless redstone =)

Range Trigger allows to emit redstone signal in a specific range of stored EU. Main goal - dump extra energy to massfab or other low priority consumer without RS flickering.
    Sample configuration: top 30 mil, bottom 20 mil, with MFSU card
    Behaviour: it will start emmitting of redstone signal if MFSU has more then 30mil eu and stop when mfsu has less then 20 mil eu.
    You can also invert signal in GUI.

• Hi!

Catch a critical error with using IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2d-ic2-experimental

Mods used: MineCraft 1.6.2, industrialcraft-2_2.0.303-experimental, GregTech 4.04x, IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2d-ic2-experimental

Desc: This crash appear then put Reactor Sensor Location Card into Industrial information panel, and in reactor exists any heat vents or heat exchangers.
    N.B.: This save game being corrupted - any attempts to load this save will fail with this error.

Error log:

• Official Post

Ahh, that's why you asked me. You should always check for the Item being != null instead of for the Mod being there. Features can change, what causes Issues like that one.

When adding Crossmod Compatibility I actually never check if Mod X is loaded, and just try/catch the API Functions belonging to said Mod, and make Nullpointerproof Functions to use them. That way I dont get Issues like that one over here. ^^

• Official Post

I am using the Direwolf modpack and would like to have nuclear control in the pack. I added the 1.6.2b to the pack but the game crashes and will not load when Nuclear Control is enabled. I have attached a crash report. Perhaps I am doing something wrong that you guys will notice right off.

Crash Report: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z29u…11-18_21.54.25-server.txt

Version 1.6.2b is for MC 1.6.2. You use MC 1.5.2, so required version of Nuclear Control is 1.5.1e (second post of this thread, old versions spoiler).

• I downloaded the experimental.zip and for some reason the average counter and the Energy counter don't work. Electricity flows right through both blocks regardless of their position. I was unsure if it was just a problem that I was having or a problem with the blocks themselves.

• Official Post

Do not ask HOW I got this Error, this just happened in my Dev Build and I did nothing related to Nuclear Control.

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at net.minecraftforge.common.Configuration.<init>(Configuration.java:91)
    at shedar.mods.ic2.nuclearcontrol.IC2NuclearControl.init(IC2NuclearControl.java:408)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.handleModStateEvent(FMLModContainer.java:540)
    at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor1.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)
    at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)
    at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.initializeMods(Loader.java:696)
    at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.finishMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:231)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:507)
    at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:806)
    at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:57)
    at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)

• Official Post

I downloaded the experimental.zip and for some reason the average counter and the Energy counter don't work. Electricity flows right through both blocks regardless of their position. I was unsure if it was just a problem that I was having or a problem with the blocks themselves.

I use the same API as EU-reader. If EU-reader will be fixed in future ic2 experimental builds, then counters should start to count again.

• Official Post

Do not ask HOW I got this Error, this just happened in my Dev Build and I did nothing related to Nuclear Control.

Is it reproducible or happened just once?
    I use config file name suggested by FMLPreInitializationEvent and I use it as paramenter of Configuration constructor. Have no idea how it can be null.

• Official Post

Is it reproducible or happened just once?
    I use config file name suggested by FMLPreInitializationEvent and I use it as paramenter of Configuration constructor. Have no idea how it can be null.

I can get that Error consistently. And are you doing your Config during the @Init Phase instead of @PreInit? Because this Error happened after the GT Load Phase finished.

I just wanted to mention this. I worked on a very hackish piece of Code.

Edit: Found out what it was, nvm.

• crash on minecraft loading (IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2b.zip)

• Official Post

You have a block ID conflict : "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Slot 4095 is already occupied by shedar.mods.ic2.nuclearcontrol.BlockNuclearControlMain@22714261 when adding mods.immibis.redlogic.lamps.BlockLampCube$On@39bcfff1"

Basically, a block from nuclear control is conflicting with another, which seems to be from immibis redlogic.
    Go to one of their configs and change their IDs.

• Hi guys

im using (IC2) industrialcraft-2_2.0.305-experimental and IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2c-ic2-experimental

When I place an advanced Information Panel my client crashes. Server is fine though ... i can reproduce this error and switching to IC2NuclearControl-1.6.2e-ic2-experimental didnt help.
    Has anyone seen this as well?

Crash report:

http://paste.atlauncher.com/view/29c58954

Java hs_err_pid: cant upload it if needed i will try it again

thanks chrys

EDIT: FIXED ... it was a graphic driver problem which only showed up with the specific block however. I guess The advanced Information Panel uses a OpenGL function other blocks dont. Thanks anyways

• I have a problem on 1.5.2 SP (yes, I know there are later versions) where if I go too far away, or I reload the world, my information panels get messed up.

Before relog:

After relog:

I think this is the same bug that makes almost all IC2 blocks look wrong. After a relog, cables won't connect, but still send power; Machines are oriented "downward", but still function; even crop blocks look empty. I think it's failing to send tile entity data to the client. What's interesting is that this is on singleplayer. Still, I guess I shouldn't be surprised now that singleplayer and multiplayer are merged. I've googled the problem, and the only cause I've found so far is from bukkit/multiverse. I'm not using either of them. If there's a simple solution to this problem, I'd like to know, because I've had it for ages, and tried to ignore it.