[Addon v1.118+] [SSP/SMP] Nuclear Control v.1.6.2b/e

• Love the mod and I'm planning on running an unstable Mark III reactor so I'm anticipating really needing this mod :thumbup: Having a little trouble with installation. I need to disable ic2 sounds on my mac for ic2 to work, and that is also the problem with this mod. But my IC2_control.cfg config file is generating empty so I cannot do anything about that :( Any recomendations? ( I can't really get you an error log because my minecraft launcher freezes on the white Mojang screen ) ;(

• Great mod!, but an have an suggestion

Could we have a way of changing the clock into a stop watch? that works with red stone signals.

That way i can see how long its been since i turned on my reactor so i know how much longer i can run safely.
    Or maybe a countdown clock

• Official Post

Love the mod and I'm planning on running an unstable Mark III reactor so I'm anticipating really needing this mod :thumbup: Having a little trouble with installation. I need to disable ic2 sounds on my mac for ic2 to work, and that is also the problem with this mod. But my IC2_control.cfg config file is generating empty so I cannot do anything about that :( Any recomendations? ( I can't really get you an error log because my minecraft launcher freezes on the white Mojang screen ) ;(

Addon's config file is IC2NuclearControl.cfg, not IC2_control.cfg. If it's empty - then game crashed on NC initialization. Is non ic2 sounds works well? In any case, my addon currently have no option to disable sounds.
    I need crash log to say something more specific. Check ways to get crash log on MacOS on the minecraftwiki crash page.

• Official Post

Great mod!, but an have an suggestion

Could we have a way of changing the clock into a stop watch? that works with red stone signals.

That way i can see how long its been since i turned on my reactor so i know how much longer i can run safely.
    Or maybe a countdown clock

Info panel is display-only by design. It uses redstone signal to turn it on/off.
    Maybe I'll add stop watch/countdown clock as a separate device, which can be linked to the info panel.

• Info panel is display-only by design. It uses redstone signal to turn it on/off.
    Maybe I'll add stop watch/countdown clock as a separate device, which can be linked to the info panel.

Yea, i understand about the display. I was suggesting a new device for tracking time then it receives a redstone signal

• Okay. Still not working out :/ Since I cannot access the IC2NuclearControl.cfg file I was wondering if you could give me a quick list of the block ids used in it so that I can check all of my other mods for conflicts manually. Thanks Shedar for your superior mod support. I really appreciate it :) :D

• Official Post

Okay. Still not working out :/ Since I cannot access the IC2NuclearControl.cfg file I was wondering if you could give me a quick list of the block ids used in it so that I can check all of my other mods for conflicts manually. Thanks Shedar for your superior mod support. I really appreciate it :) :D

block id 192
    item id 31000-31008
    Sample config:

• block id 192
    item id 31000-31008
    Sample config:

Yup... I've fiddled around with it and I'm pretty sure it's something with the sounds. I don't know why but sounds just break stuff on my minecraft client when I don't disable it. Just maybe put it on your list that if you ever have some free time to maybe add an EnableSounds = TRUE ; on your config. Thanks for the help man, but I guess I'll just have to make my reactor run on a redstone timer or something. :S

• Official Post

Yup... I've fiddled around with it and I'm pretty sure it's something with the sounds. I don't know why but sounds just break stuff on my minecraft client when I don't disable it. Just maybe put it on your list that if you ever have some free time to maybe add an EnableSounds = TRUE ; on your config. Thanks for the help man, but I guess I'll just have to make my reactor run on a redstone timer or something. :S

Please give me your crash log. I really want to understand what can cause to crash in my addon.

• Please give me your crash log. I really want to understand what can cause to crash in my addon.

I think it is the last error that does it. EnderStorage works perfectly well along with ExtraBiomes when I don't have Nuclear Control installed.

• Why do you have no paulscode/sound/SoundSystem class? Do you use any modified soundsystem?i'

I don't think so.. I had to disable sounds in all my mods though :/ How does one reacquire a SoundSystem class? Sorry I'm still learning all these things. I'm a little new to modding.

• Official Post

I don't think so.. I had to disable sounds in all my mods though :/ How does one reacquire a SoundSystem class? Sorry I'm still learning all these things. I'm a little new to modding.

Try to take a clean minecraft.jar (it should contain all required classes) and install forge and jar mods again. Probably you deleted it at some point.

• Try to take a clean minecraft.jar (it should contain all required classes) and install forge and jar mods again. Probably you deleted it at some point.

Hey! There we go! That fixed it. I should have thought of that. I did delete it but I have no idea how. :whistling: Anyway thanks for the help! :thumbup: (As you can tell I really love the smileys on this forum)

I took the sound bite from Modern warfare 2. Its nearly the same sound, all i did was add a bit of silence in between the two beeps, and added an echo to make it sound like its in a factory like setting.

If anyone has a problem with me providing this sound, I can remove it.

i think it is great to have some people who are good whit sound editing etc make some more sounds to chose from,

so good job and carry on :thumbup:

• I am having issues, when I try to use this mod, It crashes minecraft.

Error Report:

I tried it with the version installed in tekkit, and it worked, though it wouldn't allow me to open the gui, and it wouldn't make any noises when powered.

I would really like to make a manual tornado siren, but without sound, I can't.

Me ----> :Mining Laser:8o:Chainsaw: MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper MinecraftCreeper

N00b ----> ;(:Tin Can: MinecraftCreeper MinecraftNotch--go forth my creation!!!

Edited once, last by pyro1997 ().