The Ultimate Industrial Frame Engineering Challenge(s) - TUIFEC

• Hey guys, i was working on a RP-Frame-Motor-"airship" but then the thingy was to big and now i had to edit the linksize.
    But i Cant find it nowhere Oo i red your topic but its not like one said in redpower.cfg theres simply no "linksize" value... i may picked the wrong folder or stuff
    I hope you can help me :)

that's strange. when i open my .minecraft -> redpower -> redpower.cfg with editor the first word in the last row is linksize. while strg+f should find linksize you could also search for 1000, that's the default linksize

• I am new to IC2 and Redpower:
    What are these frames?
    What are filters?
    How can I learn what more of the experienced players know?
    How can I learn about all of the redpower gates?
    How can I get reactors/BC engines to stop blowing up in my puzzled face?
    Tell me!

• Google can't possibly provide the same level of intelligence GregT, Alblaka or some other experienced engineer could.

• Google can't possibly provide the same level of intelligence GregT, Alblaka or some other experienced engineer could.

but as far as i can see your questions are at a google worthy level. redpower 2, IC2 and BC all have very good wikis capable of answering most of your questions. instead of giving you a fish by answering your questions i'll teach you fishing by redirecting you towards them.
    Redpower2 wiki
    Buildcraft wiki
    Industrial-Craft wiki
    as for the experience: experience comes with experiencing things. if you don't try, fail and analyse you'll never learn what works and what doesn't. that's also what the wikis are for.

• I can honestly say I agree with your point, so there.
    BUT:
    The Buildcraft wiki isn't very extensive at all.

• I can honestly say I agree with your point, so there.
    BUT:
    The Buildcraft wiki isn't very extensive at all.

wouldn't say that. your question was why your machines explode. the only thing that can explode in buildcraft are overheated engines and the wiki explains that.

• Can i build spaceship that would work without the bugs in place? (frames moves miners pipes when moved)
    And do i need to make te reactor self refilling?

• Can i build spaceship that would work without the bugs in place? (frames moves miners pipes when moved)
    And do i need to make te reactor self refilling?

i somehow fail to understand your first problem.
    for your second problem: it's nowhere stated that it has to be self refilling, but it's also not hard to realise.

• I've made what really should be a working SPAmatron. It makes the components for the solar panels, cables and frames from uu matter, uses tubestuff crafting tables to put it all together, and feeds into a regulator (which only activates when there are 2 frames, a cable, and a solar in it, thus meaning that when more are produced of one item than needed, production will jam until more are required so we don't end up with too many of them, a solution which works backwards throughout the entire design. A set of deployers places them in the world in a chain, with a frame motor moving it back. For some weird reason the deployers seem to insist in deploying one below them for me, so if that doesn't happen for other people, a little rearrangement will be needed (to be precise, a jacketed cable had a choice of two positions connecting to the frame motor, and which one should be used depends on whether the deployers are behaving or not). It has a digger on the end, which moves left and right and used to move forward and back too, but for some reason stopped working when I increased the frame limit (or what I assume was the frame limit) from 1000 to 10000. I changed the frame limit to try and solve the other issue, that the the whole machine refuses to move when combined together. I've previously divided the machine into three parts, and can (or could) move each part separately fine with temporary frame motors, so there shouldn't be any issue there. As I say, I multiplied the frame limit by 10, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

I've been using version 1.8 of the enderpack (a fairly well known modpack for a server, which has permission from the mod owners) as I was in a rush to get started and don't have a personal mod install at the moment, plus it allows other people easy use. The only changes I made were to the nei config (to allow cheat mode) and to change the setting on frame linksize from 1000 to 10000 (and I also tried changing it to 100, in case Eloraam was doing something strange with division :P . Neither worked.

I'm uploading my save here (with a lever and sign for testing purposes. When the lever by the sign is pulled the machine should be advancing, but isn't). As I'm fairly new to rp2, there may be something I'm missing. I'd be grateful, having put a ton of work into this, if someone more experienced could check it over and tell me why it isn't working.

Thanks

pi4t

• hmmmm i can't use this world. it seems that my minecraft can't find some of your blocks, especially frames, which causes everything to be floating in midair......
    it's actually a very interesting problem, since it tells us to submit the config data together with the world.

• hmmmm i can't use this world. it seems that my minecraft can't find some of your blocks, especially frames, which causes everything to be floating in midair......
    it's actually a very interesting problem, since it tells us to submit the config data together with the world.

He did include the mod pack he is using didn't he? But yes, a zipped file containing the config/ redpower/ and buildcraft/ folders would be nice.

• Here is a screenshot of an omnidirectional miner.

it messures 12x14x3(except for a few blocks 4)

it features:
    *4 miners
    *automatic drill/miningpipe retrieval and distribution
    *automatic ore sorting
    *the abillity to mine automatically through water
    *2 nuclear reactors - powering two MFSUs

i'll post a video of it in action as soon as i have time to cut the video material

• He did include the mod pack he is using didn't he? But yes, a zipped file containing the config/ redpower/ and buildcraft/ folders would be nice.

the problem aren't the mods, it's the IDs. if you have different/more mods installed than someone else it can happen that forge gives you different IDs for the same blocks the first time when it creates the configs. that can cause some bugs when you open the world, from blocks vanishing to save chunk error cause theres something in the "pipe" which shouldn't be a pipe as far as your minecraft knows.