[Suggestion] New Mining Laser Mode

• Have you ever shot a cow with your trusty Mining Laser, and missed? Worse, have you hit something important like that MFSU that has all your power in it? Have... I'll stop. I think that the existing Mining Laser would benefit greatly from getting a damage mode (Not quite sure about name) It would function identically to the Long-Range mode, same EU cost and same range, but if it hits a block, nothing happens. This would be good if you use the Mining Laser like a space gun (Like me). If people really want to, we could make it just have a reduced block penetration instead of removing it.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• wait til industrium conflict...............

still rocking the GMA 950 card :D overclocked to the point of smoking. :huh: hahahahaha now i got my 525m now that thing does work 8) :P :D

• I totally agree with you Nanomanz! Fear of destroying my base and wiring is the sole reason I never bother building the otherwise awesome mining laser. I know it is up to the IC development team to decide, but I strongly support such a mode. :thumbup:

• I totally agree with you Nanomanz! Fear of destroying my base and wiring is the sole reason I never bother building the otherwise awesome mining laser. I know it is up to the IC development team to decide, but I strongly support such a mode. :thumbup:

Must be one hell of a fear...

I partially agree with this. +1/2

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• I think it seems very nice... I'm assuming that the only "objections" to this are that it would take time to code and potentially not be worth it? Because it doesn't SEEM very difficult to add, though of course, I know very little whatsoever about coding...

GENERATION 27: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the
    generation. Social experiment.

• I like the destructive way of the LAZER. I mean it's a laser and we are mad scientists... of _course_ accidents happen!

Me: "Let me just super-heat those cobble blocks inside your huge redstone wiring chamber, looks ugly this way..."
    *2 minutes later*
    Me: "Do you happen to have a backup of your redstone wiring? There is a slight chance that I confused the super-heating setting with explosive..."

• I remember when I forgot my mining laser on explosive... In my glass dome. Bad idea.

As for the mode, I would gladly support it. Good name might be spread mode, as that would be the only way to keep damage but not destroy blocks.

• Partialy?

EDIT: Don't think that's spelled right...

I agree that its annoying to shoot your MFSU but not enough to add a extra mode to the laser.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5