[SUGGESTION] Iron Fences powered by the side of Magnetizers.

• I think we should use the new upgrade system. It gives both the upgrade system and the magnetizer a new function!

• Why just have one slot? Why not have 4? I can think of some uses for the other upgrades. Plus the GUI could show the stored energy percentage.

"A modern tank can speed at 60 mph while shooting a target with pinpoint accuracy from 5 miles away." Civ-5

• Why just have one slot? Why not have 4? I can think of some uses for the other upgrades. Plus the GUI could show the stored energy percentage.

What uses for the other upgrades? Tell us! They work as arguments for our case!

• What uses for the other upgrades? Tell us! They work as arguments for our case!

transforemer upgrade for higher volatges, and energy storage so that your magnetizers can store more energy in the scenario of you cant generate enough energy to power everything at a certain time but waisting energy because you have no where to store the energy at another given time.

• transforemer upgrade for higher volatges, and energy storage so that your magnetizers can store more energy in the scenario of you cant generate enough energy to power everything at a certain time but waisting energy because you have no where to store the energy at another given time.

And overclocker would increase the length it can power.

It has become a little stubbly. Implement facial hair growth in IC²? Vision continuously grows more furry until you shave. (approx once every 2 minecraft days ;P)

Steve shaves with his chainsaw.
    Check out Factorio- A game where you build a factory from scratch.

• Well, if the devs don't give us feedback on this, maybe someone wants to make an addon with this extension?

• I would love to have an add-on get made of this, more of a tweaked version of IC2 i would believe, tho I am pants at programming.

• i am not familiar with this term "pants" in the way you used it since man seeks to wear pants i can only assume you mean you are good at coding and as a result i will hold you to producing a top quality addon in an unreasonable dead line.

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• not exactly new. It's a UK thing, generally means being bad at something.

ook has provided me with the uk meaning of the word "pants" all i have to say is this

AMERICA! butchering the king's english since 1776 :D

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• It would be nice if a developer gave us a confirmation or denial on this, just so we know!
    That would be extremely handy, as the current magnetizers can give us an elevator of 40 blocks, wich can be handy, but not in big bases!

• RISE THREAD RISE INTO LIFE AGAIN.

seriously sorry for the necropost but i bring GOOD NEWS EVERYONE. after asking f4113nb34st to fix this "useless hunk of a block" there is now a solution to the "crap magnetizer problem"
    follow the link for a fix to the magnetizer that allows it to have a much longer pole at increased eu/t

its coded up for for 1.108

http://f4113n.x10.mx/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=21

all thanks to f4113nb34st

• I have played around with the magnetizers some (on the versions where they actually worked), and I really love them when you have it working.

I suggest a few changes to the magnetizer mechanics:
    -Magnetizers emit pulses (similar to how EU travels in wires). Each "pulse" would require EU and would push the player up a certain distance, perhaps a few blocks. Multiple players could ride the same pulse in case of SMP. Stacking Magnetizers would increase the number of pulses, or you could spread the magnetizers out so when the players goes out of range of one magnetizer, the second one kicks in.

-Pulses travel up poles, but not down. This would help alleviate coding issues. You'll need a magnetizer at the bottom of the pole if you plan to start at the bottom.

-When a player descends a pole, the magnetizer emits pulses to slow the players' descent, but it will not reverse their direction. Not sure if this is possible in code, but it would be a nice feature. An alternative is to have players slide slowly down un-magnetized poles, so they can have a similar method of transport to get back down.