Suggestion(s): Some way to improve Fishing

• I've been trying to fish so I can get cats and post them around the outside of my base to ward off creepers, but fishing is very slow and tedious. Perhaps there could be some more efficient way to get fish? I have a few possibilities:

=====

Name: Automatic Fisher

Description: Machine that when placed adjacent to a body of water and given power will over time catch fish, probably through a net system or sucking them in through pipes or something. Will work slower with very small bodies of water; needs a certain size to work at maximum speed.

Recipe: No idea except it should be rather basic - possibly wood instead of based off a machine block.

=======

Name: Iron Fishing Pole and Electric Fishing Pole

Description: The Iron Fishing Pole has a recipe much like the ordinary fishing pole except it uses iron bars instead of sticks. Lasts longer and possibly fishes faster. The electric fishing pole is crafted like many electric tools, with a battery, circuit, and Iron Fishing Pole; it uses energy instead of durability, and possibly fishes even faster.

Recipe: Iron Fishing Pole: Three iron bars in a diagonal with two string on the side, like a fishing rod. Electric Fishing Pole: Battery, Circuit, Iron Fishing Pole in an / shape.

=======

Name: Fish Plant (?!)

Description: It's a crop that gives Raw Fish when harvested. 8|

Recipe: Breed random stuff together or something.

======= Some additional ideas:

Name: Catnip

Description: New crop that produces catnip, an item that can tame ocelots and make cats breed just like raw fish. Can also lure ocelots and cats more effectively than fish (maybe not if that's hard to code), and if placed on the ground also acts as a cat/ocelot lure.

Recipe: Proposed breeding product of hops and some sort of flower. Hops for flavor and flowers for scent.

=======

Name: Pet Food / Dog Food / Cat Food

Description: Macerated meat or fish will become 2 Pet Food, which can tame/breed both Wolves and Cats. Alternatively, only macerated Raw Fish can turn into Cat Food which only works on cats, and any other sort of macerated meat will become Dog Food which only works on Wolves. Probably only raw meat/fish should work, and rotten meat only yields one instead of two because it's so abundant.

Recipe: In Macerator: Raw Fish > 2 Cat Food / Pet Food, Raw Chicken/Raw Beef/Raw Pork > 2 Dog Food / Pet Food, Rotten Meat > 1 Dog Food / Pet Food

One of my friend said me it was probably a troll.
    How do you find that ? I don't really see how it could exist ^^

Back to the point.
    A machine wich could harvest Fish with using Bread as baite and EU could be good, but it should have something else useful.* (And it would need as many blocks of water as blocks of air needed by Windmill)

*That's what it has already been denied I think.

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• May be Water EU Generator can catch a fish when in open waters...
    Please no barbarish ways like EU into water and dynamite.

• May be Water EU Generator can catch a fish when in open waters...
    Please no barbarish ways like EU into water and dynamite.

Ok ... but you know Watermill are made with TURBINE ? So how do the fish would go out of it ? I think about Soup ;) (Fish soup ? hmm, that taste good)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• Official Post

Let me explain the Mainproblems, because i'm bored:

Name: Automatic Fisher

Description: Machine that when placed adjacent to a body of water and given power will over time catch fish, probably through a net system or sucking them in through pipes or something. Will work slower with very small bodies of water; needs a certain size to work at maximum speed.

Recipe: No idea except it should be rather basic - possibly wood instead of based off a machine block.

How do you want to check that large body of Water lagfree? Also it would be exploitable, with more than one Fisher around the same Body of Water.

Name: Iron Fishing Pole and Electric Fishing Pole

Description: The Iron Fishing Pole has a recipe much like the ordinary fishing pole except it uses iron bars instead of sticks. Lasts longer and possibly fishes faster. The electric fishing pole is crafted like many electric tools, with a battery, circuit, and Iron Fishing Pole; it uses energy instead of durability, and possibly fishes even faster.

Recipe: Iron Fishing Pole: Three iron bars in a diagonal with two string on the side, like a fishing rod. Electric Fishing Pole: Battery, Circuit, Iron Fishing Pole in an / shape.

Its already an Addon, but i dont know if its actualized to 1.2.5, so in this case you have to wait for the IC²-Devs to pull the Addon into IC².

The Recipe is the most intressting of all. Its just, put random Stuff together and FISH. That remembers me on 2+2=Fish.

If a fish would be an actual Mob in Vanilla-MC, i would see a chance of the Fisher to be implemented into IC². But i guess Jeb will not make it.

• I suppose since the intent is to catch and breed cats, if a catnip crop was made and catnip could be used to tame and breed cats, that would be good. But you'd have to keep the cats out of the garden where it's growing. Mwrowr!

And even if the ideas had been denied earlier, before 1.2, with the advent of jungles and cats there's new demand for fish and perhaps there's a chance the idea will be revisited.

• Official Post

I suppose since the intent is to catch and breed cats, if a catnip crop was made and catnip could be used to tame and breed cats, that would be good. But you'd have to keep the cats out of the garden where it's growing. Mwrowr!

And even if the ideas had been denied earlier, before 1.2, with the advent of jungles and cats there's new demand for fish and perhaps there's a chance the idea will be revisited.

Why not a Laserpointer to lure Cats into your House and the new Achievement "Catch the red Dot". :D

• first fishing is actually one of the fastest and sustainable ways to get food in minecraft you'd have to bone meal wheat to get food from a cold start any faster

second all automatic fishing machines basically turn into massfabs that only make fish

as for farming instead of mutant plants how about a koi pond?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• first fishing is actually one of the fastest and sustainable ways to get food in minecraft you'd have to bone meal wheat to get food from a cold start any faster

second all automatic fishing machines basically turn into massfabs that only make fish

as for farming instead of mutant plants how about a koi pond?

I don't want the fish to eat, that's what my 45x45 one-click-harvest wheat farm is for. I want the fish for cats, who don't eat bread or indeed any other kind of meat for that matter. I suppose if we could lure them with canned food / macerated fish/meat....