Suggestion: Nerf cables

• Nerf cables!
    Every cable you make lets you transfer energy over one block. This is obviously
    very overpowered, because it lets you move energy from one block to another with ZERO ongoing costs!
    Even the setup cost is very small for a short distance!
    Remember before cables, when we had to use batteries for everything? That was much better.

Given that cables once didn't exist, obviously we can live without them.
    One should have to WORK for his energy transfer, not just get it for free! This is obviously a
    nightmare for server admins, because they have to patrol the entire world looking for
    no-good players who just want to transfer power for free! It takes less than an hour from starting
    a new world to getting your first cables, and then you can make them so quickly it's not funny!

Given the above problems, the solution is almost as obvious as the problems themselves.
    I suggest that cables should require cable-juice, a purple conductive liquid that evaporates as a cable is used.
    Very expensive to craft, of course, because we don't want just anyone to be able to transfer power.
    Every drop of cable juice must be precious, so clearly the recipe involves iridium.

You might think iridium would be too expensive for this, but no. It must be very expensive to transfer power,
    or players would just use cables everywhere! For this I suggest that one iridium ore (which normally costs 7
    UUM) should extract to 7 pieces of cable juice. Each piece repairs a cable, allowing just 32 EU to flow through it before it breaks again.

Unfortunately, this makes it very expensive to run a mass fab or terraformer, as they have no battery slots. Oh well.
    Perhaps now IC2 will be balanced, finally, and stop all the nerf requests. And perhaps there's a hidden message in this post.

(I was bored :P )

Disappointed with the bugs and nerfedness of AtomicStryker Corp's Advanced Machines, and the unupdatedness of Snyke's Enterprises?
    Need low-lag renewable power?
    Come to ImmTech Intragalactical this thread for free UUM!

Note: UUM may stand for Unnerfed Unbuggy Updated Machines and may not be actual UUM. The extra U was lost due to a bit error.
    Battery snot included.

• Official Post

Your troll failed at the small screen of my Netbook.

• [Please don't feed the passinglurkolis, junkfood isn't healthy for him. :( ]
    I could imagine a sign like that in front of some slumbering beast that gets grumpily awakened by nerf requets 8|

• I call him a copy of my own troll, isn't it ? It had been deleted, and I think the yours 'll be too.

PS: NP, I've no copyright about it ;)

Soon with Molten Salt Reactors, right ? :D
    NERF THA FUSION REACTOR!

• [Please don't feed the passinglurkolis, junkfood isn't healthy for him. :( ]
    I could imagine a sign like that in front of some slumbering beast that gets grumpily awakened by nerf requets 8|

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZmust macerate nerfersZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZi like wafflesZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZground nerfers make good waffle batterZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"