[Addon v1.95] For the Trees

• I have some suggestions for the barrel cactus: It should need empty spaces next to it (like "real" cactus) and it should require a sand block under the farmlandblock (like Ferru needs ironore)
    By the way, I think you should fix the OP: My name still has a "K" in it there and you forgot to delete "Sprites- Get someone else to make some for me" from the To Do-list.
    Oh, and how many inputs/outputs does the pulse width modulator have? I need to know that to make the sprites. Will there be any other new content in the next update except the pruning shears and the PWM? In which order should I put the textures?
    Thanks in advance!

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Maybe have some sort of system to get Charcoal Blocks in to Empty Cells? Id like to see some crazy EU return on new superfuel. :thumbup: Probably won't happen since it could be considered OP but a boy can dream. Maybe run it through a canning machine with an empty cell or compress the blocks in to compressed coal pellets and have a shapeless with the empty cells? According to my math with 1 CoalBlock and 5 gunpowder you would get 215129.6 eu from a fuel can and 329280 eu from 3 coalblocks and 3 gunpowder. Just think about it.

EDIT: I would also like to offer some help if you would like it. I know java pretty well, but am new to minecraft modding and ic2 modding, though the code seems easy enough as far as minecraft forge and the ic2 api go. If we need more than the api (which I am assuming we will, I will have to look in to getting the rest of the code somehow, assuming it is allowed).

Error 404: Signature not found!

Edited once, last by Appleblomb ().

• Woo, only took me 3 weeks to get this out...
    Gotta work on that.

Sorry it took so long to fix your name in it I Don't Now, definitely not going to happen again.

Appleblomb: I don't think I want to try adding another state to the fuel can, I'm still figuring some things out. And I wish the API included canning recipes, I kinda wanted to use the soybeans + bucket to can soymilk instead of the crafting recipe.
    Coding wise I think the last thing I need to deal with is GUIs and inventories, once I get those figured out then the last couple of blocks should be easy.
    If you need any help getting started, I can point you towards the resources that helped me the most. Plus I'm definitely open to any ideas.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy it!

• I would appreciate it very much, I have had some ideas for addons for a very long time and I would like to try to implement some of them. I figure I will try to write a few of the simpler ones first before I go on to my mega ultra secret project (Hint: Something to do with vehicles :D ) To get some practice first, assuming I don't end up screaming in frustration and wiping out eclipse and mcp.

Error 404: Signature not found!

• Is it just me or is there a bunch of machine textures in the fttcrops.png files?

No, but in the ftt_blocks.png are the Pulse Width Modulator and the Autoharvester textures because I was bored and made them.

The forum won't let me specify my gender accurately, so I'll just use my signature to say that I go by they/them pronouns.

• Ok, first of all: If Eloraam states she doesn't want an addon using her mod, you are not allowed to publish it in either MCF or on this website. Of course, if you simply use Reflection or other means without adressing her code directly, it's fine.

Second, I've gotten Eloraams permission for the Silver thing. As well, the Silver in IC has no real purpouse whatsoever and merely was a test for the Forge OreDic.

No real purpose? You feel that 4 fiber cable vs 6 is no purpose :P

Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Server .:Here:.
    Check out Our Brand New GT New Horizons Let's Play Series .:Here:.

• Considering that the title of this thread clearly says "1.95" the answer would be a resounding no.

No, it works. I'm currently using IC²v1.97 and For The Trees v0.3 and 51 other mods.

• Sorry, been distracted.

FTT does not touch anything but the IC2 API, so as long as the cropcard, item, and energy API classes don't change this should stay compatible with any IC2 release in MC1.2.5
    I just have it listed as 1.95 because my organizational skills are pure crap so keeping track of install versions for testing is a hassle I don't feel like dealing with right now.

Though if it does break in an update and I don't get it fixed in a timely manner, all the source is included so anyone who wanted to is more than welcome to recompile/obfuscate it and get it working again.

• Added Torchweed, attributed to Captain Jack Harkness.

Oh, I was hoping for this, when I read the crop name.

Future crops-
    {...}
    Something to give tin for cells, and might as well add a copper crop.

Have them actually just grow Empty Cells and Insulated Copper Wire? As often as we all make them, I know I've wished more than once that they grew on trees...

Edit: Speaking of trees, I have a question. (I haven't downloaded your addon yet, but I probably will later tonight, so forgive me if this is obvious.) Do your treeplants have the potential to make all breeds of vanilla planks and wood, or just Oak? Sometimes I like to mix things up aesthetically, therefore, I'd like to have this option. Not a big deal though.

• Edit: Speaking of trees, I have a question. (I haven't downloaded your addon yet, but I probably will later tonight, so forgive me if this is obvious.) Do your treeplants have the potential to make all breeds of vanilla planks and wood, or just Oak? Sometimes I like to mix things up aesthetically, therefore, I'd like to have this option. Not a big deal though.

There are crops for birch and oak logs.

• Any update on how the switch to IC2 v1.107 is coming?

You might want to read this

Is the answer to this question no?

Hey don't take it so hard. Ignorance is part of this generation it seems. -the wise words of XFmax-o-l

• Sorry guys, real life smacked me with a baseball bat and left me stranded in Really Scary Medical Land, so I haven't had the chance to even consider opening Eclipse in a long while.
    As soon as my little preemie is healthy enough I'll be trying to get myself back into the swing of things. Till then, sorry no updates unless someone else feels like hacking through my piss poor source.