Fiber bow

• ok no one seems to have suggested fiber bow and i think it whould be a great idea idk how the recipe is going to be made but a fiber bow whould fit perfectly into IC2 think about it A NEW BOW TO MINECRAFT! :thumbup:

i know this isn't very detailed but it was just an idea that just suddenly came while playing

• Official Post

ok no one seems to have suggested fiber bow and i think it whould be a great idea idk how the recipe is going to be made but a fiber bow whould fit perfectly into IC2 think about it A NEW BOW TO MINECRAFT! :thumbup:

i know this isn't very detailed but it was just an idea that just suddenly came while playing

There were so many Suggestions (denied ones) about adding Bows to IC², please use the Searchfunction PROPERLY.

• ok no one seems to have suggested fiber bow and i think it whould be a great idea idk how the recipe is going to be made but a fiber bow whould fit perfectly into IC2 think about it A NEW BOW TO MINECRAFT! :thumbup:

ok time to whip out the lurker's repeat suggestion scoring system :D this scoring system is made up of 3 categories how well the idea is thought out, how well the idea is presented, and how unique this idea is from previous rejected versions. if you score high enough you gain my support(note I do not use this scoring system on NEW and ORIGINAL ideas)

thought out: 0/100, no details other than "its a bow"
    presentation: 0/100, didn't even post a recipe
    uniqueness: 0/100, didn't say anything that hasn't been said before and as a result doesn't overcome alblaka's ban on weapon suggestions

it appears you scored a 0 in all 3 categories so unfortunately I'm going to have to vote no.

-1 :thumbdown:

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"

• How about I fix this thread...
    This is the recipe

:Coal Dust::Refined Iron::Coal Chunk:
    :Coal Dust::Advanced Circuit::Energy Crystal:
    :Coal Dust::Refined Iron::Coal Chunk:

:Coal Chunk: = n/a
    :Coal Dust: = carbon fibers

requires eu to use, has a aim, doesn't affect players, can one shot a zombie, and it runs out of eu on the 20th shot but it can be powered by the lappack only.

The main reason it was suggested because I wanted a bow that didn't wear out and didn't require an enchantment (I hate enchanting), and was day dreaming about one shoting zombies in style! :thumbup:

There fixed. :thumbup:

• hmmm
    thought out: 10/100, has provided numbers and mechanics but little explanation as to why these are good
    presentation: 20/100, has a recipe and inspiration I may just want to build one of these
    uniqueness: 70/100, bonus points for being the most unique tech-bow I've seen yet. I like how like the modern bow these are useless outside of hunting it will also mean I won't be shooting by buddy in the back when we go spelunking :D

all totaled you get 100points the highest score since the intro of this scoring system congratulations!
    i think that deserves a +1 :thumbup:
    (note: scoring 100 won't guarantee a +1 in the future)

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.

• no way... first idea and it fails and 2 people plans to fucking make me look bad... fucking hell seriously how am i supposed what the recipe is

A NEW BOW TO MINECRAFT!

Ye, and we need to add a fiber pickaxe...No guys, anything, but NOT a BOW. Its industral age, not medieval age with carbon and electricity discovered.
    At least because the only thing should change to it is the durability, but the damage should be the same.

• no way... first idea and it fails and 2 people plans to fucking make me look bad... fucking hell seriously how am i supposed what the recipe is

1st. Watch your language
    2nd. If you want to bring up a suggestion that has been denied before. Then you need to put at least some effort into it if you want me to support it. so use your imagination

• Official Post

1st. *Watch *your language
    2nd. *If you want to bring up a suggestion *, that has been denied before *, then you need to put at least some effort into it *, if you want me to support it *, so use your imagination *.

If you fix his language, then please make sure, that there is no misspell or grammarfail in there after that.

• I call shenanigans on passinglurker scale, Devs doesn't give a flying fuck about recipes why should we?

Also this is the second or third thread about making a bow... with fibers... carbon fibers... get some originality...

For the one who said that bows doesn't belong to the industrial age, hawkeye would like to have a few words with you.

• I call shenanigans on passinglurker scale, Devs doesn't give a flying fuck about recipes why should we?

i believe a denied suggestion should be resurrected if the suggester puts enough effort into making his pitch. a recipe is not required for a full 100 points on the presentation score but it shows they spent more than 5 seconds thinking about the suggestion before posting hence why they get points for it.

• Actually a COMPOSITE bow with carbon fibre is a nice idea. We have Composite bows at OUR era, they're modern. But it should not be energy-based thought

For the one who said that bows doesn't belong to the industrial age, hawkeye would like to have a few words with you.

Whats wrong with clear separation of different eras/centuries/as you wish to call that?