[Suggestion] Rebreather

• First, let's get through the nasty part here. I did use the search function and found multiple things about breathing underwater, but most of the threads we're poorly thought out and/or used way to many :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: , so let me try to present this idea in a clear, understandable, and balanced way.

We already have a underwater breathing tool, the QSuit Helmet, however this is expensive. I'm thinking of an item that is disposable, like rubber boots. So, let's get into the fun stuff. I think there should be an item, let's call it the Rebreather, that let's you breathe underwater similar to a QSuit. I think it shouldn't last much longer than five minutes, but it should be used whenever you are underwater, not just when you need it. After going for five minutes, it should *Poof* and disappear. Obviously the numbers are just ideas, and could be changed around for balance. I think a good time it should be available is about when you have an MFE, and just a limited source of power.

Recipe ideas:
    :Empty Cell: :Bronze Helmet: :Empty Cell:
    :Empty Cell: :Batpack: :Empty Cell:
    :Treetap: (C) :Treetap: C = Carbon fiber or mesh.

(R) (R) (R)
    (R) (C) (R)
    :Empty Cell: :Empty Cell: :Empty Cell: R = Refined Iron C = Carbon fiber or mesh

Obviously, these are just ideas, and if you have any on the topic, let me know. Also, if you think that this is UP or OP, then let me know, as well. All in all any input is appreciated.

Haikus are poems

They don't always make sense

Potato

• ... No just no, The rebreather idea was "In theory" already accepted by alblaka months ago, why bother bringing it to the surface again?

Well though out or not, in the end its the dev team whos going to implement the idea so they may or may not follow 100% of what its said in the original suggestion thread, so "Re-Presenting" this idea its just as useless.

• ... No just no, The rebreather idea was "In theory" already accepted by alblaka months ago, why bother bringing it to the surface again?

Well though out or not, in the end its the dev team whos going to implement the idea so they may or may not follow 100% of what its said in the original suggestion thread, so "Re-Presenting" this idea its just as useless.

He said he was planning to make a hazard suit, that included this function. I'm assuming that the hazard suit will be relatively expensive. I'm just trying to make sure that this idea wasn't forgotten, and it was months ago, so maybe the DragonLord changed his mind.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• The hazard suit was supossed to be made out of rubber, i doubt that would have been too much expensive. And if you only wanted to bring his attention to know if the idea was forgotten or not, a simple PM would have worked, heck i bet it would work a lot better than a thread in a forum we don't really know how often he reads carefully.

• The hazard suit was supossed to be made out of rubber, i doubt that would have been too much expensive. And if you only wanted to bring his attention to know if the idea was forgotten or not, a simple PM would have worked, heck i bet it would work a lot better than a thread in a forum we don't really know how often he reads carefully.

Yeah, thats a good point. You have me beat there...

Haikus are poems

Potato

• Official Post

If I ever bother to code it, this feature will come as the Hazard Suits helmet, given you free air whilst diving in water or lava.

Come to think of it, can one actually DROWN in lava, assuming you don't take fire damage?

• If I ever bother to code it, this feature will come as the Hazard Suits helmet, given you free air whilst diving in water or lava.

Come to think of it, can one actually DROWN in lava, assuming you don't take fire damage?

I think so, i think i remember seeing the oxygen bar once when i "dived" into lava once (That shit its impossible since you can barely see something while sumerged in lava)

• If I ever bother to code it, this feature will come as the Hazard Suits helmet, given you free air whilst diving in water or lava.

Why FREE air?
    When Hazmat Helmet sense you out of air it should consume water/lava/other liquid to empty cell from inventory to give you a sip of air.
    If you head is in nonsource block of liquid, you have a sip of air, but cell is lost.
    If you have air above head, when you can have "free" air.

I think player should spend some resource to breath. Empty Cell is good for this.

Nah. Lava diving is fun with a fire res potion, you don't need any air.

Haikus are poems

Potato

• alblaka remembers the hazmat suit mission acomplished :D

barely related: is the todo list an unwritten list or is it actually written down some where?

true balance is impossible in video games the best one can hope for is to make it really hard to guess which of 2 choices are better.
    and remember kids "NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF JOKES!"